Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Apr 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
And I can highly recommend Angelbabe and When you Wish Gifts! Not just another facelesss company, a real person who goes out of their way (as I'm sure Beth does too) to find the best deals etc for their clients. Both ladies are Dibb advertisers too so you can see their feedback and 'get to know them'
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
And I can highly recommend Angelbabe and When you Wish Gifts! Not just another facelesss company, a real person who goes out of their way (as I'm sure Beth does too) to find the best deals etc for their clients. Both ladies are Dibb advertisers too so you can see their feedback and 'get to know them'
Thank you x
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Thank you x
Hi what do you charge for a grocery shop? Is it dropped off with Bell Services? Can you get beer included?

Thanks
Old 4 Apr 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Hi what do you charge for a grocery shop? Is it dropped off with Bell Services? Can you get beer included?

Thanks
Hi YorkshireT,

We charge 10% of the total cost of groceries for shopping at Wal Mart or Publix, 15% for Winn Dixie, Lucky's and Aldi and 20% total for Trader Joes, Fresh Market and Whole Foods. Prices are based on proximity.

We have a standard delivery fee of $15 to most of the tourist areas, including Disney, Universal areas, Kissimmee, Davenport, Haines, Champions Gate, Clermont, Four Corners area and Poinciana.

Yes, we can deliver alcohol to any person over the age of 21.

We also specialize in locating specific diet foods for people, ie gluten free, allergies etc., and organics/natural foods for people who prefer them.

We are fully licenced with the state of Florida and county.

Hope this helps
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
Hi YorkshireT,

We charge 10% of the total cost of groceries for shopping at Wal Mart or Publix, 15% for Winn Dixie, Lucky's and Aldi and 20% total for Trader Joes, Fresh Market and Whole Foods. Prices are based on proximity.

We have a standard delivery fee of $15 to most of the tourist areas, including Disney, Universal areas, Kissimmee, Davenport, Haines, Champions Gate, Clermont, Four Corners area and Poinciana.

Yes, we can deliver alcohol to any person over the age of 21.

We also specialize in locating specific diet foods for people, ie gluten free, allergies etc., and organics/natural foods for people who prefer them.

We are fully licenced with the state of Florida and county.

Hope this helps
Ok thanks, do you leave the beer with bell services?
Old 5 Apr 18, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Ok thanks, do you leave the beer with bell services?
We can leave all other items with Bell services except alcohol unfortunately as we are required to have proof of age at the time.

However, we would be happy to meet any guest over the age of 21 in reception should they want.
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

to order groceries from one of the smaller companies mentioned on here do I go on to say walmarts website and make a shopping list of the item I need from there? so brand and type of bread for example the same as I could go online to look at Tesco?
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Roosterroo View Post
to order groceries from one of the smaller companies mentioned on here do I go on to say walmarts website and make a shopping list of the item I need from there? so brand and type of bread for example the same as I could go online to look at Tesco?
Yes, you can do that
Old 5 Apr 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Well I went on to order with Garden Grocer and did a bit of research. I saw many people raving about Instacart. This essentially is linked to Publix supermarket. Garden Grocer also shop at Publix.
Anyway, I did a test basket at each and the price difference was massive . $170 Garden Grocer , $100 ish Instacart for exactly the same stuff.
Alcohol has apparently become a problem at both, both needing a signature (Garden Grocer did just deliver), albeit GG apparently accept an emailed driving license. Instacart need a signature.
I'd prefer with both to have it delivered before I'm there and Bell services store it all and refrigerate it as necessary.
So I've decided to give Instacart a try as Garden Grocer is simply inflating the food prices by 70% for the same stuff.
You can only shop with Instacart 5 days before, but there were tons of delivery slots every day even now and I could have had it delivered today, tomorrow etc. Given its Easter and Disney is packed there doesn't appear to be any problems getting slots.
I'm dropping the beer from the order and I plan to walk over to the Speedway garage opposite Boardwalk to get my Yeunglings
This is really interesting as we generally shop at Publix.
And Yuenglings at Speedway you say, hubby's favourite beer.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
This is really interesting as we generally shop at Publix.
And Yuenglings at Speedway you say, hubby's favourite beer.
Yes that Speedway opposite Boardwalk has a decent beer selection. On Google maps someone helpfully put photos on taken December and you can even see the prices.
Your husband has fine taste.
There's a good book I got off Amazon on the Kindle about the history of Yeunglings brewery, oldest Brewery in USA which despite sounding Chinese, was German immigrants.