Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 2 Apr 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Lightweight laptop using sage

Anyone use sage and can recommend a lightweight laptop , need to take to Florida re work but need a lightweight one that’s windows compatible

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

obviously it all depends on your budget, but i love my lenovo ultrabook, and you can get refurb units for a decent price

amazon/Lenovo-Thin...ac95340d838ed2

or the much newer x240 (which i'm using right now) is about twice the price. these things were £1500+ to buy new, and mine runs windows 10 pretty nicely - i use it for ~8 hours a day every day and have done for the last couple of years

amazon/Lenovo-i5-4...e7b25321a23981

if i was buying new, right now i would probably look at the xioami air - pretty much the same spec as a macbook air that is several hundred pounds more expensive...

amazon/Xiaomi-Air-...946e0246df8f82
(you can get cheaper if you dont mind shipping one from china yourself)

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

We struggled to get anything 10-inches with 500gb+ storage - loads these days are 32gb & 64gb and they are useless if you need to add software (like Sage). I had a 32gb, added MS Office and it now is pointless as just tells me all the time the disk is full (even though I have a 128gb sd card in it it doesn't care.

I picked up a Lenovo something in Tesco but they've since stopped selling them - think it was end of range. Very frustrating - £200 is enough for a travel laptop but this time I had to spend £300 which is a regular laptop price for me. Very annoying.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
its a Lenovo I use for the 'big' office computer , will definitely have a look at those

DS has a dell laptop but really heavy

Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
its a Lenovo I use for the 'big' office computer , will definitely have a look at those

DS has a dell laptop but really heavy
lenovo do a massive range of different laptops. its the X series ultrabooks you should be looking at
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

Mobile

Are Acer quite a good make?
Old 25 Apr 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

What storage capacity would you suggest as a minimum requirement for Microsoft Office and installing something like Sage?
Old 25 Apr 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

for a full sage and office install with windows 10, i would say a 250gb SSD is the absolute minimum you should be looking at storage-wise

my work laptop has a 120gb SSD in and i'm frequently running quite low on space. its doable, but something twice the size will give you much more wiggle room
Old 25 Apr 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyExplorer View Post
Are Acer quite a good make?
acer are ok. but like all brands, their range varies massively. the more you spend on a laptop, the better the build quality. low end acers feel quite cheap in most cases, but the same can be said for most makes

a £300 laptop of any brand will be significantly cheaper and not as well built to a laptop that is twice that price. if you go to macbook territory (ie over £1000) the build quality of all brands will be yet another step up from that
Old 4 May 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

Has anyone got any experience using 2-1 laptop like the DELL Inspiron 13 5000?