Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Apr 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Well scratch that-Emirates informed by text the coach is canceled contact my travel agent. I did-to be told 'lets see how much transportation will cost you' I asked the agent is that the only alternative. The cheeky minx had the cheek to say nowhere on any documentation does it say that they have to get me to Abu Dhabi I was absolutely fuming. She claimed the coach is provided by Emirates Airlines not Emirates holidays so it's not their responsibility and was really condescending and rude. I will never use them again as all things aside, surely as a customer service agent, you could feign sympathy, apologise for the inconvenience. I couldn't believe it. The other person I spoke to at, I only assume was the airline, as she claimed it couldn't have been Emirates holidays said I can change my destination!

As we are traveling to Abu Dhabi, I was looking into a car service as when we were coming back from Motiongate in October, the driver didn't know where our hotel was. As this is meant to be a surprise, I'm trying not to turn this into a birthday he'll never forget for all the wrong reasons,lol. I can't believe it's looking at an extra almost £200 return. Maybe I should take my own advice and just take a cab-it's not like we'll be in a hurry lol, we arrive at 5.50am
Cant be right contact the airline You should complain about the CS persons attitude too otherwise it will never improve
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by billbarbara229 View Post
Cant be right contact the airline You should complain about the CS persons attitude too otherwise it will never improve
Thanks

Unfortunately, I contacted the airline first, after running this by their Social media team to ask for an alternative after receiving the text telling me, the transfer was canceled. They told me to contact the airline.

The 'helpful' agent at the airline told me to contact my travel agent, I told him it was Emirates Holidays and they will probably redirect me to the airline. He agreed and then said my alternative is to reroute my holiday destination-I kid you not! That is when I contacted Emirates Holidays. I told her what was said, admittedly I was a bit chocked and explained why, expecting a bit of sympathy (at no time -at this stage-was I rude) she was defensive from the start. Well who told you that, there is only 4 people that work in our office at Emirates holidays It was none of us. I calmy explained then she said right lets see if we can work out a discount. When I said is that all that will be offered as we both know it would be cheaper for me to arrange it myself, if that's the only alternative (I couldn't believe what I was hearing) she then told me that.

I told her I would be going back to Social media team for assistance as they were the ones who insisted Emirates holidays booked the coach for me in the fist place and gave me a name to come back to if they didn't (previous to this, they said it was nothing to do with them and the airline have to do it). The lady who did do it in the end to be fair, did get back to me to let me know it had been done.

I went back to the social media team who said they apologise for the coach issue and the comments will pass my comments (me saying I shall not be using them again) to internal management for review In other words, we don't care.

I should have learned my lesson from when I booked my son a ticket before he was born. When we all turned up at the airport they claimed he had no ticket and demanded £50.00 I got that back later but no apology! But since then I've used them and no issues at all.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

Check your hotel. We have a club room and so transport to and from the hotel is included. We've always had this and the driver just meets us and takes us to the car.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
Check your hotel. We have a club room and so transport to and from the hotel is included. We've always had this and the driver just meets us and takes us to the car.
Thanks, this isn't included Even from Abu habi airport they will give you a quote (I read up on it, just in case,lol) But it probably won't hurt to ask for a quote. Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Hi Rachel

Holiday taxis work out at £130.00 for transfers (private) and due to the fall in the pound, I'd probably be looking at between £60-80 each way anyway, so i'll book that. I was very tempted to argue it out further, but it was that much stress to get the 'free' coach added on that now, as even with the free coach, we'd still need a taxi to get us to the hotel anyway, I just can't be bothered. I think what really annoyed me is she was just so cold and rude. Yes, I am annoyed at paying more, but just a 'sorry but it's out of our control' would have been a lot better than the 'we have no responsibility to get you to Abu Dhabi' attitude.

I gather if it's booked and paid for in advance, that part of the spends is sorted Expedia come in cheaper, at 127.00 minus quidco about £100. But they use Gray line and in Miami they failed to tell us they couldn't make a tour, so worried to chance their airport service. This is starting to turn into Carry On 10th Birthday Surprise,lol.

I've calmed down now, lol. I wish I'd known this before I paid my balance. I may have just cut my loses and cancelled. I'm worried that I'll turn up in Abu Dhabi only to see their is no hotel. I can hear her now 'It's not our responsibility to provide you with a hotel'
I suppose even though it’s money out of your spends which you’d rather not pay it’s not an extortionate amount but as you say it’s the way they spoke to you. There’s no need to be rude. Especially to the paying customer! You’d think they’d have come to some sort of arrangement/compromise . It’s not like they couldn’t afford it. I find it strange that they have been so defensive about it. Maybe they’ve realised they made a mistake and just are refusing to admit it so are going on the defensive!

I know the past couple of days have been stressful but I’m sure once you are there you will have an amazing time! Xx
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi Rac, that's exactly it! I couldn't understand what they were being defensive about. If Virgin holidays said that Virgin Atlantic had canceled a coach, I understand they are two separate companies. But she got really rude explaining this and then had an attitude when I questioned me buying transfers from them. It's the attitude, not the money (so much) lol. The best bit, in the beginning, I queried if missing the coach would affect my tickets as I think I'd prefer a cab. It was one of their agents that said you may as well take the coach as it's free. So to act as though I have a problem because I'm questioning paying now is so rude. I'm just going to arrange the transfers and be done with it

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I suppose even though it’s money out of your spends which you’d rather not pay it’s not an extortionate amount but as you say it’s the way they spoke to you. There’s no need to be rude. Especially to the paying customer! You’d think they’d have come to some sort of arrangement/compromise . It’s not like they couldn’t afford it. I find it strange that they have been so defensive about it. Maybe they’ve realised they made a mistake and just are refusing to admit it so are going on the defensive!

I know the past couple of days have been stressful but I’m sure once you are there you will have an amazing time! Xx
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Blimey I can’t stand rude people either.
Could you maybe fire off a quick email to customer services and ask them to listen to the call (I presume they record them) and just say you presume that’s not how they are trained to deal with problems/ maybe said person needs more training- you’d like an apology for the lack of manners and their thoughts. Wouldn’t hurt them to have to explain themselves. As it’s for your sons birthday and it’s a surprise maybe they’ll throw in something nice by way of apology for lack of manners. May be worth a shot... nothing ventured and all that.

On a complete tangent my hairdresser was telling me that her work partner who has twins was in John Lewis and one baby projectile vomited all over her, so she rushed off to the toilets to get cleaned up. The staff followed her and gave her a brand new top-free of charge and went and got shampoo and conditioner and washed her hair... now that’s amazing customer service... so what I’m getting to is-if they can do it -then a company like Emirates can pull their finger out too

I should probably email that to BT as I don’t think they can even spell customer service

Edited at 08:54 PM.
Pixiedust40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi Pixie, Thanks. I'll give it a go, but don't hold out much hope. They are always downright rude, but this took the biscuit. But I will give it a go. It has really marred everything even though I'm trying to look forward to it, I'm honestly not. I can't bare to look at their logo and I childishly unsubscribed to their emails lol. I suppose the plus side is it will come around quickly as I'm not very bothered about it now. I just want it to be nice for DS. I'm calm now lol, but yes, even though I doubt they care, they should be made to acknowledge it.

Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
Blimey I can’t stand rude people either.
Could you maybe fire off a quick email to customer services and ask them to listen to the call (I presume they record them) and just say you presume that’s not how they are trained to deal with problems/ maybe said person needs more training- you’d like an apology for the lack of manners and their thoughts. Wouldn’t hurt them to have to explain themselves. As it’s for your sons birthday and it’s a surprise maybe they’ll throw in something nice by way of apology for lack of manners. May be worth a shot... nothing ventured and all that.

On a complete tangent my hairdresser was telling me that her work partner who has twins was in John Lewis and one baby projectile vomited all over her, so she rushed off to the toilets to get cleaned up. The staff followed her and gave her a brand new top-free of charge and went and got shampoo and conditioner and washed her hair... now that’s amazing customer service... so what I’m getting to is-if they can do it -then a company like Emirates can pull their finger out too

I should probably email that to BT as I don’t think they can even spell customer service

Edited at 09:46 PM.