Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Apr 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

How scary is HHN?

Hi all,

This year is the first that Im going to be in Orlando during Halloween Horror Nights, and I really dont want to miss out on something amazing. But, I'm a bit of a wimp, and jump really easily, so I'm worried I'll be wasting my money on something that I'll hate. Like I said though, I don't want to miss out on an amazing experience!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

I wouldn't do it, but then I am a massive wuss. There are some walk through videos on YouTube that give you an idea. ELLEN sent through Arianna Grande a few years ago. That was funny to watch but again I couldn't do it. Il
M sticking to MNSSHP xx
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

It really depends on if you like horror films.we went for the 1st time last year and it was the most amazing thing I have ever done but I am a massive horror fan.watch you tube videos of the scare zones and houses from previous years to give you a better idea.we are going back this year and I am beyond excited and still bore everyone now with my stories and photos (we went four times last year (
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mango76
Apprentice Imagineer

Haven't been to the night event as we had 5 and 7 year old with us but saw it being set up in the day and even the decorations freaked me out not for me - not a horror film fan though so I'd probably have bad dreams if I went
Jul 2020(Thomas Cook), Jul 2020 (Covid19!)
Oct 2021 - fingers crossed!
Mango76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Nobody can answer that one accurately as it’s all down to what is scary to the individual.

I went a few years ago with my DB and DSIL. DB and I didn’t find it scary at all, just loads of fun and highly entertaining - we love watching horror movies though. DSIL was terrified going through the first house but enjoyed it after that as she realised it wasn’t as bad as what she expected.

We did see a teenager refusing to go into one of the houses after waiting in line for an hour - her friends were not impressed!

The best way I can describe it though is walking through a horror movie. The scare actors jump out at you but can’t touch you - although they might chase you with a chain saw!

Edited at 10:14 AM.
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Do you enjoy being scared?
If not I wouldn’t go. I have been once a few years ago and I hated every second of it. I hate horror films and I don’t like being scared so it’s not that surprising but it was honestly one of the most horrible nights of my life. Dh and our friends all loved it and thought it was hilarious how scared I was...
MNSSHP is much more my cup of tea!
tory79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Its not! (Much)
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

I said this on another thread recently but it isn't scary in my opinion, it's just jumpy. Even then it's pretty easy to see where the scares are coming in the houses after you've done one, e.g. around a corner is obvious etc.

Whether you're a wuss or jumpy or whatever you definitely shouldn't miss out if you're vaguely interested in the concept of it.
SteveyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
paultall90
slightly serious Dibber

got to do it, my wife and sister in law are both scared easily and just keep to the sides i do all the houses and love them.we all love the atmosphere.
Old 14 Apr 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Personally, I can't think of anything less fun - I HATE being made to jump (even my kids shouting suddenly makes me jump!) so there's no way I'd do it.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List