Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Apr 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile Vegas baby!

Can you recommend me a cheap/moderate hotel in Vegas? We're hoping to go next April for DH 40th with group of friends, no kids 👍

We want to stay on the strip. Last time we stayed in Circus Circus but that was 15 years again. Friends like the Luxor but both a bit far out.

I was thinking Treasure Island maybe 🤔 Haven't started pricing yet so no idea.

We want central area but don't want too expensive as still need a family holiday next year too.

Any suggestions? Also I'm assuming DIY is easy and cheapest?

We'll be flying from Manchester but guess there's plenty of flights.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We stayed at MGM and enjoyed it. The lazy river with a cocktail is bliss . I also liked the feel of the NYNY but the MGM pool would swing it for us again I think.

I don’t get people saying to stay mid strip . To me when you’re in Vegas you’ll do a lot of walking anyway so I’d rather stay at one end I think - down one side and up the other .

Have you had a look on trivago for hotels? We are looking for next year (September) so I’ve been pricing based on this years prices.

Thomas cook do direct flights from Manchester. We flew direct from Glasgow the last time but looks like they’ve pulled that flight so Manchester for us next year.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishsmurfy
Excited about Disney

The Linq, Harrahs or Ballys would be reasonable priced hotels in the centre of the strip. Treasure Island is almost at top of strip and Luxor, Excalibur and Mandalay Bay would be classed as being the bottom of the strip (location wise - not price wise!).

Usually cheaper to do it DIY - but sometimes if sale is on at British Airways on the holidays they offer it can be cheaper to book as a package. The resort fees are often more expensive than the room rates in Vegas now so watch out for which hotels have the highest ones.

I think Virgin holidays offer the Tropicana (near the Luxor end) which doesn't charge resort fees.
2011 Old Key West
2012 Orange Lake Resort, Portofino Bay Hotel, Disney Beach Club
Irishsmurfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We like Mirage as a good all rounder hotel. Nice pool, great rooms, staff were amazing. Having said that I would stay anywhere between MGM and Venetian. The south end of strip...Luxor etc is just a little too far south and a bit cut off for me.
We always book a rate you can cancel as prices between now and April can go up or down. NYNY might be another thought and I love the interior shops and the Park area outside. Just something about MGM I personally dont like but that just me. Maybe too big.
We loved the Jubilee rooms at Ballys and they were very reasonable.
We also stayed at Circus Circus many years ago and its not very nice at all now... as well as being a long way from anything.
Another thought might be Planet Hollywood...can get some good deals there.
I have not stayed at TI but go there to gamble and love it. My DD stayed there and really liked it and got a great deal with free buffets and an upgraded room.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

New York New York all day long. During our visits we have been in most hotels and nyny has the best atmosphere in my opinion.
Some great bars and shops inside. The piano bar is excellent.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

We stayed at Bally's in November and loved the fact it was central on the strip - pretty much bang in the middle so was perfect for splitting the strip up. Its a bit dated now but that meant we got it particularly cheap and the room we had was huge! So was the bed! Adjacent to Bally's is the Paris, Flamingo and Harrahs and opposite was the Bellagio so if you're looking at nothing but locality like we were then these would be perfect.
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catalunya View Post
We stayed at Bally's in November and loved the fact it was central on the strip - pretty much bang in the middle so was perfect for splitting the strip up. Its a bit dated now but that meant we got it particularly cheap and the room we had was huge! So was the bed! Adjacent to Bally's is the Paris, Flamingo and Harrahs and opposite was the Bellagio so if you're looking at nothing but locality like we were then these would be perfect.
Totally agree about Ballys location. We always split the strip up as well and loved Ballys location for doing this. They also have newly renovated rooms now...not all are, but you can book them. We just had a regular Jubilee and it was fine.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at the Tropicana a few years back and loved it! It wasn't so crazy as a lot of the other hotels and also a bit smaller.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We stayed at Treasure Island for 2 of our 7 nights in Vegas last May. Whilst it was a fun themed Vegas hotel it was very much a party hotel (the pool was mobbed!) and being pregnant at the time it wasn't quite what we were there for

We also stayed at the Vdara which I cannot recommend enough, hands down the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We stayed at Treasure Island for 2 of our 7 nights in Vegas last May. Whilst it was a fun themed Vegas hotel it was very much a party hotel (the pool was mobbed!) and being pregnant at the time it wasn't quite what we were there for

We also stayed at the Vdara which I cannot recommend enough, hands down the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in!
With you on Vdara Lisa_Lollipop. We just loved it.