Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Apr 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mjspin View Post
Not sure that I understand this response. If you’re going to ask for views on a place you are bound to get some positive and some negative. I can’t see the same response to any of the positive comments, only this one. You are absolutely right that you should make your own mind up and may have different tastes. It just comes across unnecessarily defensive in the context.
You didn’t read the first post then. OP has already decided to go to RC as a family favourite and was only asking which one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I didn’t say aggressive as I don’t think it was. Saying worst decision in life I’d definitely agree is way too strong!

I just think the replies weren’t intended to be as unhelpful as they seemed to have been taken. If I’d decided to go to somewhere based on my experience elsewhere and others knew this location did not match the other experiences, I’d rather know that so I could reconsider. Of course that requires some level of reasoning to be provided beyond just a statement of dislike.
In our case the food and service are under par but our kids love the theming. If that is the key to going and the Disney locations miss that aspect I think it would be good to know - they are good by the way!
I hope you have a great time and don’t forget a Landry’s card.

Edited at 09:30 AM.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally, when I'm telling someone I've had bad experiences at a particularly restaurant I'm not just doing it for fun, I'm trying to help people have a better time/save money. With so many restaurants at Disney alone I don't see the point in visiting one that regularly receives negative comments.

Just because a franchise restaurant is good in one city in no way means it will be in another.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
I wasn’t asking for opinions on whether people like it or not just which one of them is better. I’m well aware that it’s not the best restaurant at Disney and if it’s like the London one over priced for what it is. But our kids love the London one so we’ll be going no matter what. I didn’t mean it come over aggressive, but earlier in the thread someone said it was their only regret in life! That type of comment isn’t really helpful
Blimey. If you think my biggest regret in life is eating at the rainforest cafe then... well... no words I can say will dissuade you it was light hearted.

Difficult to understand why you’re getting so upset over Dibbers expressing an opinion on a restaurant as always happens no matter what the question. It’s useful because when someone types in rainforest in the search engine they get s variety of opinions. Always happens. Nothing wrong with it. Have you never given an opinion on anything on the dibb on a loosely related thread?

Anyway. Hope you enjoy rainforest. Lots of people do and lots don’t.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

We had a great meal in the one in AK. I've also had a good meal in the Disney Springs one (but that was a long time ago).

I'd go with the one that fits where you are planning to be on that day.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
Personally, when I'm telling someone I've had bad experiences at a particularly restaurant I'm not just doing it for fun, I'm trying to help people have a better time/save money. With so many restaurants at Disney alone I don't see the point in visiting one that regularly receives negative comments.

Just because a franchise restaurant is good in one city in no way means it will be in another.
I think it is a bit presumptious for you to asssume you know how and where people will have a better time and how they should save money.

Both Rainforest Cafes in Orlando score four out of 5 and are in about the top 15pc of Orlando restaurants on Tripadvisor, based upon thousands of reviews. So the reviews are not that bad and OP was not looking for an opinion on whether to go or not, it is a family favourite and they want to go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thank you for all your help, we have decided to go the Disney springs one because we are also going to do the amphi-cars as well 🙂
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List