Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 18 Apr 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Alice Disney
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Briggers View Post
I’m in the same boat, down over £60, I won’t be using ATD again either. It’s our first time and there’s so much to organise, it can be daunting and when you realise they have been released and you’re in a panic to buy them because you wanna go on 31st Oct and worry they may sell out, you don’t think to read all of the small print 🤷🏼

Glad we got them tho! 🤣🤣
Glad it wasn't just me! Sorry you're out of pocket though.
I knew that others would be similar which is why I posted. Just hope it saves others from falling for the "we won't be beaten on price" price promise without fully reading the small print.
At least now we're fully informed & will know better next time!
Alice Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I know it’s by the by but Atd said that it is the credit card company that set the exchange rate - this is not true, the day the transaction is posted on the credit card the exchange rate is dictated by either visa or MasterCard and not the actual credit card company - just saying that’s all 😉😉
Old 18 Apr 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

ATD were able to sell MNSSHP tickets last year for less than buying from Disney direct.
This year they're more expensive than buying direct.

If I recall correctly the current exchange rate is better than last year so I'm not sure that adds up.
Complete speculation on my part but it sounds to me like ATD have overpaid for their ticket allocation and there's very little profit margin
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Briggers View Post
when you realise they have been released and you’re in a panic to buy them because you wanna go on 31st Oct and worry they may sell out, you don’t think to read all of the small print 🤷🏼
small print, maybe, even though it's a very bad habit not to read the conditions of what you purchase

but it was also all over the DIBB

like for example the reminder that historically no MNSSHP ticket ever sold out before the month of august

and then, there is common sense. Did anyone really think that a third party british company would sell out a US event ticket, in a couple of hours or days, even before the tickets are made available to US guests on the issuer's site ?
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Briggers
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

We are just making others aware that may not have time to look through every last detail like you, you’re my hero!
Anyway...I have a job so I have to go get back to work 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻
Briggers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

OP I also feel that you were a bit misled. Price match is obviously used to draw you in and let you think that you are getting the best deal. I would have made the same mistake too. I also would have been cross when I found out. Thanks for posting though, it’s certainly a lesson that I need to be aware of.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Alice Disney
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
OP I also feel that you were a bit misled. Price match is obviously used to draw you in and let you think that you are getting the best deal. I would have made the same mistake too. I also would have been cross when I found out. Thanks for posting though, it’s certainly a lesson that I need to be aware of.
Thanks Princess Alli & Briggers, for a while there I was made to feel like I was in the wrong for even posting so thank you.
I always knew I should've read the T&Cs, I said that in my original post but it seems lots of people still felt the need to tell me how foolish I was.
Glad my post has helped even a couple of people x
Alice Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alice Disney View Post
Thanks Princess Alli & Briggers, for a while there I was made to feel like I was in the wrong for even posting so thank you.
I always knew I should've read the T&Cs, I said that in my original post but it seems lots of people still felt the need to tell me how foolish I was.
Glad my post has helped even a couple of people x
I don't think people were posting to say how foolish you were for not reading the Ts and Cs. It was in my eyes because you said they gave terrible customer service, which they didn't

The problem from ATDs perspective is they can't now match the current £ equivalent on tickets because they will have cost them more to buy ( in £s at the old dollar rate ) than you hoped they would sell to you at.
Eg a ticket they paid say £110 for and sold to you for £120 , might now be available for the public to buy direct from Disney for the equivalent of £100 because of exchange rate movements
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 07:28 PM.
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
ATD never lied to you, or misled you,
The thing is, ATD's website is misleading to the casual viewer. At the top of their page they state:

When they say "Lowest Price Promise" and that they "will not be beaten on price" what they actually mean is that, under certain circumstances, they will price match another lower price if you (the customer) write to them, identify the lower price and ensure that the lower price happens to comply with a number of conditions which are shown in their full Ts&Cs. They are not promising that their advertised prices are the lowest (even though, to many, that's what is inferred by the term "lowest price promise").

Sure, at the bottom they provide a link to some Ts&Cs. But, even then, that link doesn't link to the full Ts&Cs - just a small statement where the only condition is that the other website has to be an ABTA member (nothing about the price being in pounds). There is a further link to click on after that to see the full Ts&Cs for the whole website; the "Lowest Price Promise" is not listed on that page, only their "price match" scheme (technically it's the same thing but using a different name is, again, slightly misleading).

I hasten to add, ATD aren't doing anything wrong, the conditions are listed and their customer service is usually very good. But I'd argue their website is somewhat misleading.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m struggling here, do folks book based on the words “Price Match” on an ad or do they actually do a bit of shopping around?

I always get 2 or 3 prices for any purchases over £100, just seems like common sense to me...

By the way, our 3 week WDW tickets and 2 week Universal tickets were both from ATD and we got some free Kennedy Space Centre tickets thrown in too...👍🏼
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread