Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Apr 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Mind Blowing Attractions

When you first experienced them, what attractions really blew your mind and why?

I guess I'm asking for attractions as an adult because when I was a kid most of the rides were out of this world to me

Two obvious ones for me are...

Flight of Passage was incredible, next level of immersion. Sadly I had an overly zealous father next to me who screamed "wow", "brilliant", "fantastic" at the top of his voice all the way through my first flight

Forbidden Journey - not only an amazing theming and queue with pre-show elements, but a combined dark ride and simulator with synchronised constant motion. It is still incredible today although the projection is a little too dark. I don't understand why we don't have more rides of this nature?!? Too expensive perhaps, or requires too much room?!?
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

My first trip was in 2002. Spiderman amazed me, it was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. Now almost every ride at Universal is a play on that, but 16 years ago it was pretty unique

And recently I've been blown away by both Sheikra in Busch and Manta in SeaWorld. I think Manta is my favourite coaster ever. So smooth
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

The Atlantis "reveal" at Kennedy Space Center is pretty breathtaking... does that count as an attraction?
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tpm76
Trying for More Ears

Long time ago sitting in the front seats of the Aerosmith Rock n Roller coaster then... wham... that initial accelaration was amazing, never forget that one!
2012 Hilton DoubleTree by Seaworld
2018 Avanti Palms Resort & Conference Centre
tpm76 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
marblecake
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
The Atlantis "reveal" at Kennedy Space Center is pretty breathtaking... does that count as an attraction?
Definitely. I welled up at the reveal and I hadn't even been that bothered about going to Kennedy! Love it now though.

Ride-wise, for me forbidden journey blew me away the first time I went on it.
marblecake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Got a couple the first 3D show (muppets 3D )just blew our minds, and also fantasmic so many different effects all in one show and the latest one happily ever after amazing projections I still can’t work out how it’s done .
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

My first "WOW" ride was back in 2000 and we went on Spiderman. It was our first ride in IOA/US and we had never experienced anything like that before! I still love it now even though there are better rides out there now.

Another who feels the reveal of Atlantis is amazing. It totally blew my mind to be honest to the point where I actually cried a little. We spent a lot of time in that place and took everything in. It just amazed me that I was so close to an actual space shuttle and I have been a space nerd since I was a child as is my dad so it meant a lot to see it. Cannot wait to go back and even though I have experienced the "reveal" I can imagine me crying again Also seeing the Saturn 5 for the first time with my Dad in 2000 is a wow moment I will never forget. He bought a model of it there and still treasures it today.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

What comes to mind:

Tower of Terror - theming, story, experience and ride itself. Loved it and I think fairly uniquely, has stood the test of time for me and remained my favourite overall (and I am a bit of coaster junkie but the experience wears out for most)

Spiderman/Hulk/Duelling Dragons - like someone above, my first trip when I was a bit older was when I was 17 in 2000 and included IoA. At the time, was blown away by Spiderman ride experience, the Hulk coaster acceleration etc, and Duelling Dragons (my favourite coaster until they stopped dual running - again, unique experience). Think all of these have been surpassed somewhat now.

Sheikra (Busch) - awesome near vertical drop etc, first time front row was amazing.

Talking Mickey - brought something great, and the kids reactions to interaction with Mickey were brilliant. Sad this is to be no more.

Wishes - first time. The music, the fireworks (never saw a show like it till then), the park and everyone watching entranced. Always loved it, you get a bit used to the spectacle of Disney displays so still great, but not the same as the first.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For me Animal Kingdom rides including KRR EE, and Kilimanjaro Safaris still blow my mind a bit. I find the whole experience from the queue to every part of the ride you leave the theme park behind and are emersed in a sensorey overload of where the ride is meant to take place.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

The Mummy was one I absolutely loved the first time... but that was partly because I used to be a bit of a scaredy cat and was basically dragged on with my Dad, Auntie & Uncle. So it almost felt like an "achievement" to ride it! lol

I agree with most on here though, Forbidden Journey truly did 'blow my mind'. It was the first time I have seriously forgotten I was actually on a ride, and felt like I was "in" the attraction. And when I got off the ride I just couldn't stop talking about it!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List