Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Apr 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
best way to do new york and universal holiday next summer

so its my 40th next year and my wish has always been to go to new york. now i want to add universal into it too.

what would be the best way to go about it.

i want to do new york first for 5 days and then orlando universal hotel for 5 days. flying in and out of the same uk airport. in august due to school job. just 2 adults
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

I'd book your international flight as multicity and then grab a cheap JetBlue or SouthWest fare for the one internal leg. What's your preferred UK airport?
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We did exactly this last summer but the other way around. We spent 5 nights at Holiday Inn near Universal, then flew to JFK for 5 nights in NYC before travelling home. We had a wonderful time. We used Thomas Cook from Manchester and American Airlines for the flight from MCO to JFK. Booked hotel and Universal tickets with Kenwood Travel, and booked NY hotel, Park Lane near Central Park, through Trivago with Booking.com. We also bought 5 attraction NYC Exploror pass from ATD.

Here's a link to my trip report if it helps, hope you have a great time 😀

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...5#post12671335

Just to add, most people suggest going to New York before Florida. As you may read in our trippie, we had some reasons behind why we did ours the other way around. We enjoyed it this way, don't really think it made much difference. We found the shorter night flight home from NY better than the slightly longer Florida one which was a benefit by going to Florida first.

Edited at 09:18 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cantcook View Post
I'd book your international flight as multicity and then grab a cheap JetBlue or SouthWest fare for the one internal leg. What's your preferred UK airport?
That’s how we’ve booked our trip for this summer. Booked multi city return with Aer Lingus into NYC and homeward from Orlando, plus a separate Southwest flight from NYC to MCO. I booked the transatlantic when I found a good price, then booked the internal flight on release day.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

We are doing exactly this in August.Flying direct to Orlando for 9 nights at RPR,then booked a southwest flight to Newark for 4 nights at The Kimberly in New York.
We are flying from Gatwick and returning to Heathrowwith VA,but a few months after booking I found cheaper flights with BA from and back to Gatwick😩
I booked in November,cheaper flights were found around Xmas time.
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We're doing NY/Universal combo 10-25th Aug this year - flying BA/AA NCL>HR>JFK staying 5 nights at Barclay IHG hotel, then flight JFK>MCO 10 nights Universal's Sapphire Falls, return via same airports. Booked complete package with SUV through BA holidays in late Dec 17. Holiday search is easy on their site as it lets you enter multi-city flight searches plus hotel requirements and hire car if required to build ideal package. We decided against pursuing DIY this time as BA price was too good to miss.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

As with the others.. a skyscanner or Kayak multicentre search, probably into any NY airport and considering Fort Lauderdale for the return as well as Orlando (very good deals, particularly Monday, Wed and Friday when Norwegian are in the market). Book the internal separate and it should be sub £65pp. Laguardia is likely.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Done this twice and just booked for next year. Thomas cook you can do Manchester to JFK and orlando international home
- I book JetBlue on release for about £75 inc bags pp - great flights with wifi and snacks plus live tv. I have found la guardia best for internal as it's smaller , closer to Manhattan and super quick to navigate and check in. So when is your birthday ie when do you want to go ? Any questions feel free to pm
Ps you can price flights now on Thomas cook airlines and do multi city to get an idea of costs. Having done this twice with a twin centre and New York on its own once ... we will now never just do nyc on its own ... if you pay for flights to Florida in summer it's just as easy to add in NYC and doesn't cost that much more. Do it you will love it. My dh took me for a surprise for my 40th and we both fell in love with the place that we have taken the kids twice now - shhh next year is a secret though

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi!
We've just booked for my 40th this year!

We're flying Gatwick to JFK with Norwegian Airlines and then MCO to Gatwick with Norwegian (you have to book individual flights) but they were much cheaper than Virgin and BA

We paid £1050 for the two of us including luggage.
Virgin were £1200 and BA were £1400

The internal flights from New York to Orlando we're looking at about £100pp for the times we want and that's going from the Westchester County airport (which is more convenient for us as we're staying in CT rather than the city). If we wanted JFK then it's about £65pp

There are lots of flights each day and it's only like 2.5hours flight.

It'll be an amazing trip, if you have any questions just ask!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I have just had a quote from travel planner for 2834 includes flights from Manchester to JFK staying at row hotel 4 nights internal flight to mco, staying at the new hotel at universal 5 nights back to Manchester.

Ocean florida have also given me a quote same hotels direct from Gatwick with BA same holiday duration for £2969
Is this a good price or will it be cheaper to wait until August or September this year?
Thanks
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List