Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The price of Disney onsite has never really been considered reasonable imo. And you can’t really compare it to the uk either as we don’t have the weather to enjoy 14 days at a theme park . Someone has to pay for toy story and Star Wars and that’s the customer I’m afraid .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Still very reasonable IMO for what you’re getting, decent Hotel, Park access for 6 parks and mini golf, free parking at each, table service meals and snacks for ~£120pp per day.

I dread to think what you’d have to pay for that in the U.K.? 1 day at Alton Towers plus meals would probably be well over £100 and it’s nothing compared to Disney.
Apples and oranges, but for £55 you'd have an annual pass to Alton Towers.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
That’s me done with deluxe I think. We are not going this year but we paid 4.7k for 15 nights at AKL 2016. For this year it’s £6.2k so a £1500 increase. July prices are crazy. We booked pofq with upgraded dining instead for £5.2k.

All without flights.

Edited at 08:34 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Staying onsite at Disney has always been a premium but prices are, just my opinion, getting more difficult to justify for the calibre of hotel but from the perspective of a unique themed experience with the parks on your doorstep it takes some beating.

Here at home a nice 4* hotel (away from London) you are looking at a minimum £200 per night, we have to holiday at home this year for personal reasons, and our 2 x 5 night breaks equate to 1 Disney holiday, a holiday in a nice hotel in the UK isn’t so cheap any more either, seems everything is going up.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I suppose it’s supply and demand. They have clearly been very busy over the last 12 months with no true quiet times any more. They are also going to have several big new attractions next year drawing in the crowds. If they expect to have high demand for the rooms they can charge more for them.
It sounds as though the deluxe resort prices have been pushed up much more than moderate and value has hardly gone up at all.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Free parking is no more I thought.
Still free for UK bookings this year and next year or free Disney Transportation if needed after that.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have always thought Disney prices were ridiculous, £1370 for 15 night in a value hotel, which is nothing special compared to same off site £650, honestly I can not see the reason for the extra money the the "free" dining when you "upgrade" it £1470 and for it to be included the rooms can be £3950 for just a room, no kitchenette, just a ROOM

You could eat like kings offsite for that which is something from recent account isn't something that happens at Disney as even seasoned Disney travellers are saying the quality has gone downhill.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
I have always thought Disney prices were ridiculous, £1370 for 15 night in a value hotel, which is nothing special compared to same off site £650, honestly I can not see the reason for the extra money the the "free" dining when you "upgrade" it £1470 and for it to be included the rooms can be £3950 for just a room, no kitchenette, just a ROOM

You could eat like kings offsite for that which is something from recent account isn't something that happens at Disney as even seasoned Disney travellers are saying the quality has gone downhill.
Agree, I say this as someone who has stayed club level at the deluxes. The deluxe prices are priced way too high, quality has been watered down, and, just my opinion again, the dining plan has totally changed some of the restaurants. If we go back, which won’t be for some time, we’ve already said we’d like to go back to universal, perhaps the Portofino, and concentrate on the universal parks/other attractions with just 1 or 2 nights at an Epcot area hotel (via the US site, room discount) in a basic room purely to visit Epcot and the Studios. However we would only do this if a room discount were applied, we would not pay rack rate.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

Well remember, everyone compares the first price they see on the Disney website with exactly what they paid last time, which is usually the best deal they could find after a long time of looking.
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

All of these prices for more than one person are less than I'm paying for my solo trip this year, not including flights. So I think you've got good deals.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List