Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Apr 18, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Another vote for yak and yetti its defiantly worth paying for, I would also say a character breakfast is really worth it even though we don't have children!
For the location we always used to pay oop for the Rose and crown in Epcot as its a great spot for fireworks.
And BOG is again worth it for the atmosphere food was ok but loved eating in Beasts castle seeing him walking around and a photo after with him :
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

We had a lovely meal at Narcoosees but it is expensive. We watched the water pageant from our table and then went out on to the deck to watch the Fireworks as the pipe the music through. It is a signature restaurant so prices are high but it was lovely for a special occasion.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We had a nice meal at Teppan Edo. Enjoyable food and good interaction with chef and other guests.
Old 21 Apr 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We have paid for yak and yeti. Like a Chinese here it is possible to order fewer meals and share which makes it more reasonable.

We had a pizza in Via Napoli. That was nice and quite reasonable.

I’ve often paid for Crystal Palace or Tusker House.

But we don’t generally feel we need to pay for many ADRs and are quite happy offsite or at Counter Service
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I am going QSDP only next year, and these are the TS I am either considering or definitely booking:

Homecomin', Sanaa, California Grill - all three of these I prefer the starters, which wouldn't be free with DDP anyway.

Ale & Compass, Kona Cafe, The Wave - All low price point and I do love a TS breakfast.

Garden Grill. This is a maybe purely because C&D are my favourite characters, otherwise I wouldn't pay OOP for any AYCTE/buffet meals as I don't find I get value from them.

I might even consider some Disney Springs signatures because they are definitely not worth 2TS credits due to the low price point menus. Same for some 1 credit places like The Plaza or Beaches & Cream (if I was interested) but I have more than enough on my list as it is.

My one splurge meal will be Tiffins.

Edited at 09:18 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

We have no dining plan, but are going to book 3 or 4 ADR's.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t pay for anything without “free” dining.
Far to expensive.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
marco_79
Excited about Disney

We book using the 4 free nights package so don't get free DDP but the money saved offsets it. We eat onsite about 50% of the time and the rest offsite. We do the same every year. This year we are staying at AKL and have the following ADRs -

- Be Our Guest
- Sci-Fi dining
- Sanaa
- Yak and Yeti
- Beaches and Cream (lunch)
- Crystal Palace (breakfast)
- Planet Hollywood
- Chef De France
- Trex or the Boat house (One or the other).
marco_79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Last year we had QSDP so paid cash for a few table service meals (well the free gift card paid). We have also not had the dining plan at all and paid oop. I don't think all places are worth the cost but as long as you accept that it's never going to be as good value as eating off site then I think there are a few that a worth it.

I would happily pay for Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Garden Grill breakfast and Bon Voyage breakfast. All character meals so that's something you just can't get elsewhere and to me that's worth the money. We also love 50's prime time and have paid oop before here, again it's a bit unique so worth the extra to us. Next year we have QSDP again and will definitely be paying to visit Homecomin' as it's had such brilliant reviews!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

When we stayed off-site, we ate off-site but booked a couple of princess meals for our dd and the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package (which we really liked). We also ate dinner at BOG. We enjoyed our meal, but I don't feel the need to repeat it!

Last year we had free QSDP but paid oop for Sanaa and Tusker House for the Rivers of Light package. Would happily pay for these two again. Character experience at Tuskers was great.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List