Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Apr 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

Centre Parcs UK or Europe & Accomodation advice.

Just looking at centre parcs longleat for weekend next year. Does anyone know if its worth spending the extra for executive lodges or are they all ok?

Or has anyone been to any of the Centre parcs in Europe are they worth a trip instead been looking at one in Europe but they have not released next years dates yet.

Any recommendations/advice welcome
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We have visited a few Center parcs locations in Holland. Our favourite was the one at Kempervennen.

I think they are better value than the UK ones but definitely more low key. We upgraded just enough to ensure we had a dishwasher and I think that also gave us a better standard of bungalow than the basic.

Things to bear in mind are that ovens are not usual in the kitchens - just a hob and microwave. The bed sheets are sometimes extra (always strikes me as odd!) and there may be a fee to have the beds made up for arrival.

Only the swimming pool activities were included in the price, other activities cost extra. ( We had no trouble booking activities once we arrived, but that was a few years ago now.)

Booking 6 months early gets a big discount on the European parcs. And sometimes you get free "toppings" which are vouchers that you can spend on activities or bike hire.

The Dutch centre parcs encourage you to visit areas outside their grounds and cheap cycle maps could be bought at reception. We drove to Efteling one day which took just under an hour.

We used to buy our Eurotunnel tickets using Tesco points.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scl
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Libby,

Thank you. Its funny I was looking at the holland Centre parcs so thats really helpful
scl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have been to Center Parcs UK many times and have also been to de Kempervennen twice. We like the European ones as a base to explore whereas in the UK we do more in site activities. Libby has pretty much summed them up, the UK ones are a better standard I would say but it depends what you want from your holiday. Last time we went in summer it cost the same for Europe including accommodation, tunnel, fuel from Lancashire and Premier Inn at Folkestone each way as just the accommodation at a UK one!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We have stayed in various lodges in the UK, we usually book executive but to be honest we where never really in the lodge long enough to make use of the extras like the sauna, whirlpool etc so next time we have booked the 4 bed woodland lodge.
Old 17 May 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
A guy I work with goes to one in Holland each year (he's going again at Whitsun). Even with the channel tunnel and travelling costs he reckons he saves many hundreds of pounds over the UK ones.
Old 18 May 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The main thing I check for is the ‘new’ lodges, i.e. woodland lodge, etc, over executive. A lot of center parcs uk have been refurbished, and feel so much nicer. Executive just means extra tv in bedroom two, and not a lot else to be honest!
We found accommodation in Holland a lot older and basic, so would say go for the best one you can if visitng europe. Everything else was cheaper though in terms of activities.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I agree with going to Europe. We went last Oct half term to Kempervennen. We paid the same as going to Sherwood Forest including the overnight ferry from Hull! This also adds 2 nights on to your hol do even better!
Think we upgraded a bit but like someone said, you aren't in your lodge long anyway. We took our own bikes do saved money there.
We really enjoyed Holland and had a trip to the local town for a meal on our last evening.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Oh and we had ski lessons for dd as well. Was still cheaper than UK!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
We found accommodation in Holland a lot older and basic, so would say go for the best one you can if visitng europe. Everything else was cheaper though in terms of activities.
Cant remember what accom we had. It was above basic but not much. It was really nice though and obviously relatively new