Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Apr 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Looks like we're in the minority here. Wishes was beautiful and stirring, especially on the last few visits. When it changed to Wishes from Fantasy in the Sky we loved the change and Wishes blew us away. HEA, although lovely and a good replacement in terms of it being updated tech, didn't hit the same notes. Perhaps overtime when we grow to love it as much as Wishes? But I do think it'll grown on us as it didn't blow us away on first watch.

It's still a great show though.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Thank you everyone - I look forward to seeing it for ourselves and caj is right quite often sometimes us humans don't like change

I remember seeing the fireworks at epcot back in 1988 and loving them. I was sad when when went but love Illuminations which replaced it.

I the k you for all your comments and in time will let you know what I think
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It’s great. Daughter and myself loved it. It’s new it’s innotive. You will enjoy it.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMiaWallace
Trying for More Ears

Wishes was an amazing fireworks display but having seen HEA last year all I can say is it’s on another level compared to Wishes. The projections are unbelievable and does not take away from the magic as there are just as many fireworks. How they make the castle look like it is moving it’s just breathtaking. We did the dessert party last year so we could watch from in the garden plaza after and it was totally worth the money! We are doing it again this year and can not wait to watch HEA again! 😍

Edited at 10:26 AM.
MrsMiaWallace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PrinceEric
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

It is absolutely incredible. I am an ex cast member who loved Wishes and grew up with the show. Happily ever after makes me cry every time and it captures the magic perfectly. Love it!
PrinceEric is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We loved wished, HEA is good but not as good imo. Wishes we could watch multiple times in a holiday, always so moving. With HEA it wasn’t a ‘must do again’ that holiday.

Edited at 04:24 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We were very much against the replacement of Wishes but having watched online before we went and then seeing it in person in September we were blown away.
Wishes is iconic but if I was to describe HEA it would simply be EPIC!
It’s next level from Wishes and simply amazing.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrinceEric View Post
It is absolutely incredible. I am an ex cast member who loved Wishes and grew up with the show. Happily ever after makes me cry every time and it captures the magic perfectly. Love it!
I hope I feel the same way - I saw Wishes in 2015 and was decidedly Meh about it to be honest. But I came to WDW and Wishes after a couple of years worth of DLP and Dreams!. Dreams! made me cry, and it captured the magic for me. DLP Illuminations is dreadful in comparison (imo). Really looking forward to HEA and being captured by the magic at WDW .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

They could cut it just to projections only and I'd still be happy. Never been a fan of fireworks, where I find the projections fascinating from a technical level - not to mention beautiful.

I didn't like Wishes.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I love wishes with all my heart and always had a good soppy cry to it!

I do feel you have to stand in the right place now for the castle projection for HEA! But I loved it the same as Wishes, I don’t know which one I preferred!

There’s something more Disney about HEA though! 🎉
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List