Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 Apr 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Ticket price drop

Hi we have ordered tickets from Orlando attraction tickets and the price has now dropped has anyone had any experience of them price matching to what they are selling at now as we haven’t yet paid in full for them?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bigkids
Getting Excited

HI, I asked and the answer I got was "This is not something we offer I’m afraid. The price available at the time of your booking was the lowest price we could offer at that time. Pricing and offers can change at any time, these are based on many factors such as the exchange rate. Your tickets are purchased in at the time the booking is made so therefore your tickets were purchased in at the higher rate.

In order to receive the new rates and offers you will need to cancel and rebook, however this will be with a loss of the deposit on the above order.

"
Bigkids is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I have, the cost of my tickets went down a fair bit, £72 in total so it would have saved me money, £42, cancelling, losing the deposit (£30) & rebooking, you can’t cancel online so I emailed them explaining not expecting anything other than losing the deposit but they messaged back saying although they don’t normally do it & as it’s a lot of money as a one time good will gesture they let me have them at the lower price without penalty, I was really pleased obviously & as I said certainly not expecting it, I mean I wouldn’t expect if the price went up them asking for more money so it works both ways but I suppose it’s worth emailing if you would save money even losing the deposit

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the replies I will email them and try my luck then
Old 22 Apr 18, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Booked 4 adult universal and Disney combo tickets in mid March. Over Easter they had a sale and the price was reduced by £80. Contacted Orlando Attraction Tickets to see if they would honour the new price but they said no. On looking around I found that Pilinger had the best price tickets at that time (and still do as far as I know) so cancelled my booking with OAT, lost my deposit of £40, but still saved £60 on the final price of the 4 tickets. Very poor customer service in my opinion from them and Pilinger want £30 per person deposit but It just did not sit right with me for them to be charging more than they had to.
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermus
Proud to wear my Ears

Can't comment on their customer service but I'm not a big fan of Orlando Attraction Tickets mainly based on their website.

I'm in web design myself and their site is very poor. Reminds me of a work experience project gone wrong! One, almost unusable scroll of hype, ill-fitting photos and random words etc. (And why they chose a bogey green colour scheme I just don't know)

Also, don't get me started on the relentless pop-up messages which are obviously lies! Although, to be fair, most websites with something to sell use similar methods these days.

Rant over!
Pottermus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stowphil View Post
Very poor customer service in my opinion from them
With most companies, the price at which you book a product/service is the price that you pay. If the price goes up or down after you've booked, the price doesn't change - you pay the price agreed at the time you booked. Same applies to package holidays, hotel stays, car hires, and lots of other things.

Clearly, if the price goes down afterwards then you lose out and have to pay the original, higher price. Equally, if the price goes up afterwards then you don't lose out and still pay the original, lower price.

I wouldn't call a company requiring you to pay the agreed price at the time you booked as "very poor customer service".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Unless you book with a company that price matches it's a chance you take a price your happy with, you wouldn't ring up if the price went up.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Don't get me wrong. If you book tickets at a price and your happy with it what's the problem.

BUT. If you can save £60 by cancelling an order (and losing a £40 deposit) you would think it would be in the agents interest, to offer the lower price knowing that they still have the booking and a happy customer.

If I was the ticket agent, I would try a little harder to keep the customer happy rather than just think 'oh well, £40 for doing nothing'.
Old 24 Apr 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stowphil View Post
Don't get me wrong. If you book tickets at a price and your happy with it what's the problem.

BUT. If you can save £60 by cancelling an order (and losing a £40 deposit) you would think it would be in the agents interest, to offer the lower price knowing that they still have the booking and a happy customer.

If I was the ticket agent, I would try a little harder to keep the customer happy rather than just think 'oh well, £40 for doing nothing'.
The problem is, when it becomes known that they just give in every time someone tries it, then word spreads and they have a mass of requests to reduce their price. A price they may not be able to match based upon the price they paid for the tickets.

I don't get why you want to ask them to reduce their price if you were happy with what you paid ? No problem , surely ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 10:35 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List