Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Norwegian Airlines

Hiya,
Just a quick question, has anyone flown with Norwegian airlines?
We’re going to a wedding in New York in September and are thinking of flying to NY for the wedding then going to Orlando after and then flying back to London from MCO.

Norwegian airlines have some good priced flights so just wondered what people think of them?

Any info much appreciated!
Thanks
Lee
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Essie1000
Very Serious Dibber

We did in October 2016. Flight was very good price. Could not fault Norwegian and would not hesitate as to book with them again
July 2019 Westhaven & RPR
Essie1000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just for balance, I had one friend fly to New York with them and had no problems. Another friend about 2/3 weeks ago had her flight cancelled less than 8 hours before flying and they airline did not try to arrange an alternative flight and she was not impressed and it ended up costing them a lot extra to get to New York.
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Canveydave
slightly serious Dibber

Canveydave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I flew with them 7 times back and forwards to Orlando last year. Usually in economy, a couple of times in Premium.

The Premium is as good as anything I have ever flown. Massive seat pitch. Good food, entertainment etc.

Economy is also very good, especially for the price.

The down side for me was the flight times. They leave VERY late at night (going back to the UK) which is a pro and a con, On one flight I slept from the second we took off until the second we landed. But they are also late coming in to Orlando. Ever time I landed right after a plane from Frankfurt. Took me at least 90 minutes to even get close to the front of the immigration line.

Compare this to the time I flew Thomas Cook from Stansted last year and I was first off the plane, the only person in immigration, had my bags and was out the door in 20 minutes.
Old 24 Apr 18, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Canveydave View Post
The down side for me was the flight times. They leave VERY late at night (going back to the UK) which is a pro and a con, On one flight I slept from the second we took off until the second we landed. But they are also late coming in to Orlando. Ever time I landed right after a plane from Frankfurt. Took me at least 90 minutes to even get close to the front of the immigration line.

Compare this to the time I flew Thomas Cook from Stansted last year and I was first off the plane, the only person in immigration, had my bags and was out the door in 20 minutes.
During the summer they have an early flight to mco also.
So it is possible to have the best of both worlds. A early arrival in Orlando and a late departure back home so you can sleep
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
During the summer they have an early flight to mco also.
So it is possible to have the best of both worlds. A early arrival in Orlando and a late departure back home so you can sleep
We have family joining us for part of our stay and they are doing exactly this ... fly out early but the return is scheduled for 23.45 so they have the whole of the last day . Works well as we still have the villa , may not work so well with a noon check out though.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for all of your replies!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We have family joining us for part of our stay and they are doing exactly this ... fly out early but the return is scheduled for 23.45 so they have the whole of the last day . Works well as we still have the villa , may not work so well with a noon check out though.
The late flight home is great because after changing to Florida time over the course of the holiday you are ready to sleep when you get on the plane. With the earlier flights at 6pm etc you are not ready to sleep and you tend to be wide awake. By 10 pm it is 3 am in the UK and you are still not sleepy but only a couple of hours from breakfast so sleep pattern is a mess. With the latter flight it is not such an issue. Add the bonus of the earlier flight arriving and you have a really good combination.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Eloise73 View Post
Just for balance, I had one friend fly to New York with them and had no problems. Another friend about 2/3 weeks ago had her flight cancelled less than 8 hours before flying and they airline did not try to arrange an alternative flight and she was not impressed and it ended up costing them a lot extra to get to New York.
What happened with your friend's flight? The airline are obligated to rearrange if that's what you choose, plus they would owe €600 per passenger if they were delayed more than 4 hours.
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by jnc2345 View Post
What happened with your friend's flight? The airline are obligated to rearrange if that's what you choose, plus they would owe €600 per passenger if they were delayed more than 4 hours.
If it was due to weather they would not be owed anything but they always have a duty of care. Unfortunately this seems to be poor with many airlines during these periods and you are oftem left to your own to arrange accomodation and then claim back which can also be a nightmare. The law doesn't seem to be too strong here. They should also add compensation if the airline does not give duty of care immediately.

A teacher friend of ours had a flight home with a class of kids (20) from Germany cancelled by BA due to last years strikes. BA desk were not interested and said they needed to fend for themselves and claim back but a kind soul behind them paid for them all to stay in a hotel at the airport. An act of kindness and he wanted no recognition.
Airlines should not be able to get away with this especially with familes or in this case a class of kids involved.