Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

They are a travel agent and like any other travel agent they will have customers who love them and some that loathe them.

Things can go wrong, mistakes can be made, they are only human but from what I read on here Charter seem to get it right many many more times than they get it wrong.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bexter
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I have recently returned from our holiday that we booked with Charter Travel. Just hotel dining plan and tickets. We booked flights separately. Charter were the cheapest quote. We got a reference straight away. Everything went smoothly with them, very pleased and would book with them again.
Bexter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dorsetdisney
Gone all Goofy

this usually happens when they have not booked your flights yet! we have had good and bad experiences with them!

good - the cheapest around
bad - flight ref can change at least a couple of times if booking far in advance i.e for next years dates, email/calls can be a slow process sometimes
BEACH CLUB VILLA nov 2018
Dorsetdisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gaz316
Excited about Disney

Booked April last year paid in full last week, been sent no flight details so I can’t pre book seats or enter the advanced passenger info, having to chase them.
gaz316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I would suggest you ask them on what air fare basis they will be booking you. Sometimes they book you straight up with the airline how anyone else will or they could book you on to a block booking. This is a set amount of seats they have to sell to get the price they've been quoted. Until they get the required amount, you won't be physically booked on to the flight, just a space reserved as they don't hand over the names until a date given by the airline. This allows them to swap and change without penalty. Until your name has been passed over, the airline will not have a record of you so you won't get a record locator and can't book your seats. Just make sure you ask them if you will get your locator as soon as you book and preferably in writing.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We have had to chase for everything... flight ref, Disney tickets, who our car hire is with and now the villa address info.

We fly next week.
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I booked Saturday and got my Disney reference numbers yesterday. I asked about flight reference and was told this would come approx 8 months before. It did last time we booked with them so no reason to assume otherwise.
Old 23 Apr 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnnyBravo
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Charter have been fine with us, got booking reference for SSR about 300 days out, they also sent the flight reference to us and we have booked our seats outbound and return. Everything's worked out well so far, my only remaining question is around how we get the actual disney/universal park tickets and booking fastpasses @ 60 days, but that's 100 days off yet so plenty of time

Just my experience of course!
Quick update - I've checked back and we booked last June for this coming October at SSR. They gave us the Disney booking reference straight away, but it didn't work. However, following a couple of phone calls they said it was because availability at SSR isn't finalised until 330 days or so out from the holiday. Sure enough we got another email in November with a working Disney reference, followed in mid-December with the flight references which we were able to use to book seats. Not sure why they haven't been able to provide these details for everyone though...
Sheraton Vistana Village - 2015
NYC/SSR/Avanti - 2018
JohnnyBravo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I chased for the villa details today... the reply I received as we will receive all details between 10-7 days before departure... we fly in 10 days... 🤨
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BabyM
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for your replies. I emailed them yesterday to ask if I would get ref numbers straight away and I got a reply of we hope so but that's up to Disney if they give it to us. Not sure at the mo.