Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Apr 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Universal Gluten Free

I no Disney are so good with Gluten free etc, how are Universal, are there many places I can get a meal from at a quickserve. I also wondered for eg,I was thinking of going to Bubba Gumps, I wondered if anyone had any experiences there. Thanks for any help.
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Apple2014
Earning My Ears

Can't comment on quick service but have eaten at Bubba Gumps at Universal. When we were there 2 years ago they did have gluten free options available, i don't think there were a lot of options but my daughter was able to select something she liked.
Apple2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We dined at antojitos (Mexican on city walk) and had gluten free fajitas.
In Universal studios we dined at the Leaky Couldron where I had a lovely chicken and bacon roll.
We also dined somewhere near Jurassic park in s quick service restaurant and I had a burger in a bun.
I found if you mentioned gluten free they did produce an allergy menu, although sometimes there were not many options.
We stayed at the Cabana Bay that time and they were great for finding gluten free offerings in the food court for me 😀
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Quick service in the Simpsons Area has some Gluten Free Options - from memory DH had Burger in G/F Bun with Potato Bites. Table Service can recommend Mythos but try and pre-book a table as quite popular and most of the restaurants in City Walk have gluten free options.
If you are on facebook join the group Gluten Free in Orlando or look at her website and lots of gluten free suggestions for in the parks and off-site.
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I eat as gluten free as possible by choice never had a problem at any of the parks in Florida they really are much more clued up than we are loveca wander round Publix gluten free aisle well worth a trip just to stock up on cake mixes cookies pretzels etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List