Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Apr 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Added EMH

Whilst checking for FOP FP+ (as you do!) I just noticed that morning EMH have been added to our day (3rd May) when before they were just on HS.

Is this correct? Can anyone else see this? Is it normal for them to add them?

This completely messes up our plans as we've been planning to rope drop for FOP on this day

If this is right, we would consider booking a Disney value resort for the night before (we were considering this anyway). Is this likely to stay as EMH now or could they pull them away again?

Confused! I hate it when our plans get messed up
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Whilst checking for FOP FP+ (as you do!) I just noticed that morning EMH have been added to our day (3rd May) when before they were just on HS.

Is this correct? Can anyone else see this? Is it normal for them to add them?

This completely messes up our plans as we've been planning to rope drop for FOP on this day

If this is right, we would consider booking a Disney value resort for the night before (we were considering this anyway). Is this likely to stay as EMH now or could they pull them away again?

Confused! I hate it when our plans get messed up
I just got a Dibb update email saying that EMH morning hours have been added for all of my dates - 2nd to 15th June. Looks like they have added them every day through May as well?

It will stay as EMH now, they wont reverse it.

Edit - Just checked and there are a few days in May and June when EMH aren't on in the mornings but not many.

Edited at 09:50 PM.
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
I just got a Dibb update email saying that EMH morning hours have been added for all of my dates - 2nd to 15th June. Looks like they have added them every day through May as well?

It will stay as EMH now, they wont reverse it.
Thank you for replying! I am so sad because now if we don't book a hotel the night before, the FOP queue is just going to be crazy
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you for replying! I am so sad because now if we don't book a hotel the night before, the FOP queue is just going to be crazy
You are right it will be. The thing is though, even if you manage to find another day where EMH morning hours aren't on then it could still be crazy as everyone off site will be trying to rope drop on those days.
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
You are right it will be. The thing is though, even if you manage to find another day where EMH morning hours aren't on then it could still be crazy as everyone off site will be trying to rope drop on those days.
So true. Also, we've planned so many other days that moving it would be a bit of a nightmare - and I don't want to lose the times of the Navi/Everest FPs we've already got... we can get a room at either of the All Stars for under £100 so considering that.

If anyone has any recommendations on the best All Star, it would be appreciated. Movies is standing out so far...
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

...this may be naïve but could this maybe not be as bad as we think?
EMH is normally crowded because everyone from hotels will go to AK on that one day a week. However, if this is on 7days a week will it maybe disperse the crowds throughout the week a little? If that makes sense!
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
EMH is normally crowded because everyone from hotels will go to AK on that one day a week. However, if this is on 7days a week will it maybe disperse the crowds throughout the week a little? If that makes sense!
Perhaps! But I’m not sure if I’m willing to risk it 🙈

As we planned to come back to Disney from Universal (CBBR) one afternoon/evening to visit Disney springs at around a $40 round trip taxi, it actually might save us money and hassle to do Disney Springs on May 2nd, is Disney buses to check into our Disney hotel then go to AK on May 3rd - thus missing out one whole round taxi trip. So then the hotel would only be around £50 for the night (if we factor in the taxi saving)... plus we get EMH. Decisions, decisions!
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Chatnoir
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I got the same email!

EMH is now on for the day we have FP booked for everything bar FOP! So annoying!
Chatnoir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I've also received an advisory (from TP) regarding the addition of EMH at AK, everyday, for our stay next week

we're doing a "staycation" at Poly and only have a 1 day (complimentary hopper ticket) to use during the week. So one more hour is a good thing, although it completely throws off my planning and strategy re:FP+ order and all, lol

but I can't say I'm unhappy with that addition
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
This certainly makes sense. Just about every day of our upcoming stay now has morning EMH at AK. We have no intention of altering our plans at this stage so we can go rushing there every morning, we will probably just start our planned AK day a little earlier than we originally intended.