Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Sep 07, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

July 2007 - Wolfgang Puck Express

Wolfgang Puck Express

We always look forward to eating at the Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney Marketplace. It’s easily our favourite counter service eatery on Disney property.
We’ve eaten here many, many times and never had a bad meal. The food is very good quality and it’s always fresh, tasty and well prepared.

We’d spent the morning shopping and we were ready for a spot of lunch. We were rather tired from the sweltering heat so were in need of a refreshing tasty salad.
Paul had the spinach and blue cheese salad and I had one of my firm favourites, the BBQ chicken salad.
The salads were enormous and the combination of ingredients worked very well in both dishes.
We’d found just the refreshment we’d needed - you know that soulful feeling you get when you find something that tastes really divine and you know it’s good for you too; well that’s how we felt.

Young Spinach Salad - Fresh baby spinach with Granny Smith apples, radicchio, gorgonzola cheese, caramelized pecans and sherry vinaigrette.

BBQ Chicken Salad
Sliced pan roasted chicken breast tossed in sweet and tangy BBQ sauce over romaine lettuce, tomato, red onions, and cucumbers with ranch dressing.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 07, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

On another visit Paul had one of his favourites - Focaccia Melt with Roasted Veggies and Goat’s Cheese.
You can’t see the colourful veggies in the top pic, so I’ve included a piccy from when he had the same thing on our January trip. You can also see the tasty BBQ Beef and Mushroom Focaccia Melt I had too.
The sandwiches are made with fresh-baked focaccia flatbread and brushed with garlic butter, then wrapped around tasty fillings and served with a little side salad.
What a tasty snack!

I had Oven Baked Lasagne
Fresh pasta layered with mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta cheese with Wolf's Chicken Bolognese sauce, topped with mozzarella and baked.

I know it doesn’t look like lasagne. I didn’t expect it to look like this either. Don’t let the appearance put you off though. It tasted incredible!
I discovered it was kind of an upside down lasagne, as I unearthed the rich creamy, cheesy layers of pasta that were buried beneath the delicious Bolognese sauce.
It was accompanied by warm focaccia bread and I added a small Ceasar salad as a side dish.
It was all very filling, but I was in the mood for comfort food today and everything tasted so utterly delicious. It took a while, but I couldn’t stop eating till that plate was all but licked clean.
I could barely move afterwards I was so full.

Breakfast at WPE

We were on our way to a shopping trip at the Premium outlets, when Paul suddenly declared he was in the mood for breakfast (I think he was using purchase avoidance tactics )
Wolfgang Puck Express was on the way and as he’s always wanted to sample the breakfast here, it was the obvious choice.

Paul ordered the Denver Omelette - Peppers, ham, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses (without the ham please) which came with garlic roasted potatoes.

I wasn’t really hungry so I thought I’d just share some of Paul’s.
I promised I’d only have a nibble, but of course he’s heard that one before, so he wasn’t over the moon about the idea.
So I ordered a couple of side dishes and his fears of a dwindling breakfast were calmed.
I got Oven warmed Focaccia Bread and some Applewood Smoked Bacon (for me) along with a bottle of orange juice.
A relieved Paul could soon see we had plenty on the table and he wasn’t going to go hungry.
I only scrounged about a quarter of Paul’s omelette and a few of the potatoes - actually the potatoes were a bit too garlicky for me so he got most of those back anyway.
The omelette was lovely and light and the fresh-baked bread was warm and fluffy on the inside with a crisp crust.
Considering I wasn’t even hungry, it was very tasty breakfast indeed!

Old 3 Sep 07, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Mmm, very nice! some very nice looking food there.

We had a meal there last year and thought it very good, though a little complicated when ordering! They do a pretty good creme brullee too.
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 07, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

All looks very tasty Su. I have to say that's rather a big bit of Paul's omelette you have !
Old 3 Sep 07, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks good Su. I'm tempted by WPE so hopefully it will be added to the 2008 DDP as it is not on there yet
Old 3 Sep 07, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mmm so hungry now!

It all looks so fresh and tasty. I don't suppose they did a veggie lasagne did they Sue? That would be right up my street!

Also can i ask was the omelette wet in the middle? I love omelettes but when i see them at Disney sometimes they look really wet and i can't eat them like that.

Lovely report, i really hope they don't have their refurb ths month. But if they do we are definately saving a counter service for brekkie after DTD check-in on 2nd Oct. Yum!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 07, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SusieK View Post
All looks very tasty Su. I have to say that's rather a big bit of Paul's omelette you have !

Shhhh Susie - I don't think he noticed...
Old 3 Sep 07, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Leanne - sadly they don't do a veggie lasagne, but they do a four cheese ravioli. I'm going to be having that next time!

I'm the same as you on the wet omelette thing - cant bear it!
This one wasn't wet but if I ordered one for myself in the future I'd still ask for it to be cooked well done, just to be certain.
Old 3 Sep 07, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by mcsue View Post
Leanne - sadly they don't do a veggie lasagne, but they do a four cheese ravioli. I'm going to be having that next time!

I'm the same as you on the wet omelette thing - cant bear it!
This one wasn't wet but if I ordered one for myself in the future I'd still ask for it to be cooked well done, just to be certain.
Thats great, thanks!
The four cheese ravioli is definately my kind of thing.

I didn't even think about asking for the omelette well done. I will remember that for next time.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 07, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Probably better than saying 'I don't want it wet in the middle', Leanne

I'm still smiling to myself at that one