Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Mar 08, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Food we ate in Jan 2008! - Seasons 52

Seasons 52

We really do love eating at this restaurant. The fresh flavoursome food, friendly yet professional service and comfortable, relaxed atmosphere all conspire to keep Seasons 52 high on the list of firm favourites.

We are usually seated in the main dining room, but today the restaurant was packed out and we were seated at a booth in the bar area. I was a bit concerned that it would be noisy in here but apart from the usual lively buzz it wasn’t loud at all - it was actually a bit cosier in this part of the dining room.

As we ordered a Cosmopolitan our server Erin suddenly remembered us from our last visit (she asked if we lived here now - we wish!) She is very knowledgeable with a sunny nature and perfect timing. She also loves to chat enthusiastically about the latest food and wine discoveries - a really lovely girl!

We started with a super-thin flatbread topped with artichokes, roasted red pepper, red onion, fresh basil and Laura Chenel’s goat cheese.
It tasted incredibly good and as the base was so thin we could finish it all without feeling too full for the next course.

We also shared the most amazing goat cheese ravioli with fresh tomato and basil sauce.
The pasta was as light as a feather, the filling was mild and creamy and the ripe tomatoes and mellow roasted garlic gave sweetness and depth to the sauce.
Well I say sauce - it was actually more of a light broth, brimming with flavour but without any heaviness whatsoever.
Mmmmm….. angel food!

(Erin told us a funny story about Laura Chenel’s goat herd in Sonoma County. She has a herd of around five hundred all of whom she’s personally named. There is just one Billy goat who sires around a hundred Nanny goats. His name is Chester - but he’s now more commonly known in as Chester the Molester! Now whenever I see Laura Chenel’s goat cheese on the menu I can’t help thinking of cheeky old Chester and his demanding schedule!)

If you haven‘t tasted Laura Chenel’s goat cheese, I really recommend you give it a try. It’s delicious - soft, mild and creamy. It has a slight tang but none of that strong farmyard taste that can be rather off-putting with some goat cheeses.

For his main course Paul ordered the Veggie Plate. It’s always on the menu, but never in exactly the same guise as seasonal ingredients are used. Today there was roasted butternut squash, mushrooms, red onion, peppers, asparagus, carrots, broccoli and golden beets along with some grilled tofu topped with a freshly made, roasted red pepper salsa.
He said this was the best veggie plate he’s ever had!

I think he was telling the truth about that, as he didn’t leave much did he?

I had the fish special which was oak-grilled Mahi Mahi topped with the same spicy, roasted red pepper salsa that Paul had on his tofu. It was served with mashed sweet potatoes and a delicious mix of fine green beans, asparagus tips and broccoli with buttery soft, roasted cloves of garlic.
The fish really was exceptionally fresh and the woody flavour from the grill intensified the richness of the sweet, meaty flesh. This was my most favourite dish of the whole holiday. Every single morsel was sensational - I could have gone on eating it forever it was so good!
But then I would have missed out on dessert…..

I dream that one day we will have enough room left to sample all nine of these delectable, diminutive desserts…
But alas today I could only manage one. I opted for my personal favourite, the Pecan and Vanilla Bean Mousse.
Not wishing to appear greedy Paul limited himself to just a couple - he chose the chocolaty Rocky Road and creamy Tiramisu.

We had an absolutely fabulous lunch at Seasons 52 and we can’t wait to return!
Fresh-tasting seasonal food, imaginatively presented and served by friendly well-informed wait staff, coupled with the knowledge that each dish weighs in at under 500 calories - I mean really, what’s not to like?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 08, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fantastic. Superb review Su, and I must say the veggie platter looks lovely. Even I would have been tempted by that!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 08, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I really want to eat here on our next visit to Florida.
Thanks for the food report Su.

Bob
Old 26 Mar 08, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

A great review Su, thanks a lot, hope I keep this place in my memory for my next trip

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC
diby5 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 08, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Sue!

I had the goat's cheese ravioli when we were there and I thought it was delicious (and I'm not a big goat's cheese fanatic). Thanks for the pic, brings back good memories. I fancy the look of that flatbread too.

And I had the Pecan and Vanilla Bean Mousse dessert too. Yum yum yum. The best meal I've had anywhere in years!
Old 26 Mar 08, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
hayleyandhilda
Imagineer

wow loved the food pics
2015 sunset lakes - dibbvilla owed by sunset lakes
hayleyandhilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 08, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Thanks Su. You know we went on your recommendation and just loved it.

I did decide that if you have a starter, main and 2 desserts then that can still be 2000 calories, but who cares when it tastes so fabulous.
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 08, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

This place looks excellent - where exactly is it? would like to try when we have our first trip September!
Old 29 Mar 08, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macjag View Post
This place looks excellent - where exactly is it? would like to try when we have our first trip September!
Here is their website. Click on locations top right. Don't forget to check their menu too!

seasons52/

It is up on Sand Lake Road west within a restaurant/shopping complex, on the left hand side driving out from the I4, and is difficult to find in the dark. We went too far and the buildings stopped so we turned around and asked!
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 08, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chelle27 View Post
Fantastic. Superb review Su, and I must say the veggie platter looks lovely. Even I would have been tempted by that!
Me too Chelle, even more so if we could swap half the veggies for a tasty bit of fillet steak

Originally Posted by Bob_and_Dawn View Post
I really want to eat here on our next visit to Florida.
Thanks for the food report Su.

Bob
You'll need to eat lite after all that food on the cruise Bob!