Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Tweaking our way back to the Magic or is it.. Sept 2010

The Wonder.

I forgot to add my DCL trip report in the Cruise line forum.

Day One
16th September 2010

**Warning lots of photos'**

Cruising on the Disney Wonder

Again I am awake at 5am. Again I force myself back to sleep till 6:30am
I get up, switch on the netbook and have a quick look on the boards.
I wake Neil up at 7am. We shower get ready and do the last bit of packing. All ready we check out.
There seems to be lots of others checking out too.

We decide to go to our posh McD’s for breakfast. We have to go for a drive through though as we have all our things in the car.

We managed to get both our cases in the trunk, but the likes of the camera back pack and my bag we couldn’t get in so it had to go on the back seat.
Breakfast was:
Me – A Sausage McGriddle meal

Neil – A Sausage & Egg McMuffin meal

Neil has my hashbrown as I don’t like them.
Both have Orange Juice

Total $9.89

While eating breakfast I set the sat nav to take us to Port Canaveral, it said it would take 2 hours and 11 mins to get there. Erm, I think not. So into the settings and we will go through Toll Roads this time. ETA 1 hour and 11 mins. That will do nicely thank you. I just have to remember to set it back to always avoid toll roads when we get back to Orlando.
It’s now 9am and we are on our way. Well not yet as we have to pull over to find the net 10 phone as it has fallen down the side of my seat! All found we’re off.

Our first toll was 75c, second $1, third and final $1.50

We arrive in good time. They’ve changed all the parking at the port since the last time we cruised and it’s much better. Much easier.
We give our cases to the porters and head up to check in.
There were already quite a few people in the terminal.

I went and stood in the Castaway Cay check in. While I was standing waiting to be checked in a lady came round with the boarding cards. We got No 2. When we checked in we got our Silver Castaway Cay Lanyards. No more upgrades though.
We sat and waited for our number to be called so we could board, I went off and took photos outside.

It was very windy.
In no time our boarding no was called…Our surname was again pronounced wrong and she came from UK too.

Who cares we were back on the ship.

We went straight up to Parrot Cay for our lunch.

I do have photos of all that was available, but I think we have enough photos for this report.

We still had an hour or so till our stateroom would be ready. We took a walk around the ship. We walked the whole deck.

We went up onto the deck just sat on some loungers at the adult pool.

Our seating for dinner was 5:45pm our rotation is PTA

I decided to call the girls once last time before we left port, as we wouldn’t be able to get intouch with them for 3 days.

Oh boy BIG mistake!

Our youngest DD had gone and locked herself out of the house and while she was waiting for her sister to get home, the dogs had been helping themselves to their dried dog food! This resulted in Tink, in the words of my eldest DD, ‘looking like a beach ball’. Having had this happen to one of our other dogs many years ago, we told them they had to make her sick asap and not give her anything to drink as this would make the dried dog food swell and make her even bigger! Also that one of them would have to stay up all night with her to keep and eye on her as they can twist their stomachs. We told them to go and get some soda crystals to make her sick faster. We told them they have till 10pm UK time to get her sorted, as then we would be unreachable (or so we thought) and I wouldn’t be able to rest not knowing what was happening.
We both just sat and prayed that the dog would be ok. I was worried sick.

We went down to see if the cabin was ready and paced the floor like you do when you are worried. We still had a little bit to wait.

Our stateroom was on deck 2 No. 2072

A quick check of everything and it seemed to be fine.
Our View:

TV

Contd...
Old 3 Feb 11, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I'm so pleased they changed the safe's from the key sliding ones.

Beverage cooler

Although I must say the bedding is starting to get a bit threadbare now and could do with being renewed.

Our Castaway Club bag, gifts, anniversary badges & a card were waiting for us on the bed.

We couldn’t rest so we went back up on deck to grab a drink and just sit it out till we got word what was happening.
Our eldest sent us a text to say she’d been intouch with the vet, as she couldn’t get her to part with much of the food she’d eaten. By now I was so upset. The next thing I know I get a phone call on the iPhone. The dogs ok, she’s been allowed home. Youngest DD is staying up with her to keep an eye on her through the night. Phew! I have never breathed a bigger sigh of relief. I am not bothered how much the phone call is going to cost me. I am just glad the dog is ok.
We went back down to the cabin as the drill was nearly upon us.

Neil’s case was waiting for him, but mine was nowhere! I rang guest services and they stop delivering luggage at 5:30pm Well this was going to be cutting it fine for me to get changed for dinner. I was praying it would be there when we finish the drill. While doing the drill, the clouds started to come and then it started to rain.
My case eventually showed up at 4:50pm

It was one mad rush to get ready. We managed it though, with time to spare. We arrived at Parrot Cay to a huge line.

We joined it.
Our table was 36 and was right at the back of the restaurant.
Our assistant server is Zi, from South Africa and our other server is Vijay from India. Both are lovely. Vijay is really nice, very obliging and extremely helpful. Our head server is from Portugal and seems nice too.
We brought our beer and wine, but forgot a cork screw/bottle opener. We asked Vijay if the shop would have one, but he said, hang on a minute. He went and got one of the bar staff, who was from the UK and she gave us one. We had a chat about the great British summer, or rather the lack of it.
Our dinner was very nice. Vijay kept bringing extra things to eat too.
Me: Cream of Asparagus soup.

Neil: Baked Crab

Me: Grilled Ribeye

Neil: Grouper

Me: Sweet Temptations

Neil: French Toast Banana Bread

Extra's
Dinner - Mushrooms and Dessert - Cookie Ice Cream

Our dinnermates never joined us tonight.

After dinner we went on deck 10 as it has been quite a rocky ride since leaving Port Canaveral and Neil was starting to feel it. You could see the ship move.
We then went and watched the Golden Mickey show at 8:15pm. The show was brilliant. I couldn’t remember some of the show from the last time we saw it.
After the show we then had a look in the shops. I was sooooo tempted by the Cruise Line version of a Dooney & Bourke bag. But I resisted.
We then went and got changed and went to wavebands. They were playing Match your Mate. We had a really good laugh and the couples that took part were really good, they were so funny. Some were ‘well served’ we’ll say.
After the show we went back to our cabin.

This was waiting for us:

Put the TV on and fell fast asleep. Must be all the sea air.
Old 3 Feb 11, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 2
17th September 2010

Nassau

I wake up at 7am to a lovely sunrise. I slept well.
I got up charged my iPhone and put the TV on. Peter Pan started at 7:30am

Neil then woke up and turned it over to classic cartoons. We’re big kids really.

Having got off the ship at Nassau on our last cruise, we didn’t think much of it so we weren’t getting of this time.

This morning were eating at tritons for breakfast.

Arriving at Tritons, which is only the next floor up. So we took a slow walk up the stairs. I do like being on Deck 2
We were seated immediately. Zi was our server this morning.

We both have eggs Benedict, with a side of sausage.

We also had pastries, cinnamon for me, fruit for Neil, these were bite sized.

After breakfast we watched the ship being docked into Nassau.

Then went and found a couple of loungers by the adult pool in the shade and sat. Well lay and just chilled. Let our breakfast digest.

I perused the drinks menu, but it was a little bit early for me.

I left Neil on our loungers and went down to the room where I got his headphones. I also changed for the pool.
Lying back looking up:

A NCL ship pulled in next to us. It was a big.

Neil went for some drinks and I dipped my toes in the pool. Some cheeky person moved our loungers so they could fit another one in. The thing that annoyed me was they didn't ask and also moved the beds right where the clean towels are kept. So everytime someone wanted a towel I had to move along.

We left not long after, as they were quite loud. We went to beach blanket buffet for lunch. Some of the food that was on offer.

I wasn’t that hungry so just had a little bit.

It was nice, this was our backdrop though.

We then went and had a look at booking another cruise. There was nobody there though. So we went to the secret deck on deck 7. We were the only ones there.

We stayed there till we'd had enough sun and were quite hot.
Went down to the room had a look at today's navigator. Neil had a beer and I had a glass of wine. I fell asleep till 3:45. I woke up jumped in the shower. The hairdryers on board are strange the handle gets hotter than what it blows out.
I must send a special thank you to the person that invented GHD’s, they are a godsend.
Cont'd...
Old 3 Feb 11, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We sat watched some TV then got ready and go off to dinner at Tritons

Our tablemates joined us tonight. They were a nice couple from Orlando.

The food was ok. Neil & I both chose the same tonight.
French onion soup

Lamb Shank, which didn’t taste as nice as it looked.

Neil gave dessert a miss, I had this though, it was lovely.

They then brought out our anniversary cake, sang to us.

We shared this with our tablemates and the left over’s were not taken back to the cabin.

We try to watch Toy Story 3 in 3d at the Theatre, but Neil couldn't settle so we left.
We went and had a look in the shops again. This time they were so quiet.

Then we went up on deck where we tried to spot shooting stars. But there weren’t any this time.

Then we lay by the adult pool on the big pillows listening to the live band
Neil was falling asleep so we came down to the room, via the Pirate night buffet, where we took some photos, but again never tasted any of the food.

In our room we had a Monkey hanging around.

I caught the sun on my face and I just looked like a red panda.
Tomorrow Castaway Cay.
Old 3 Feb 11, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3
18th September 2010

Castaway Cay – Sharks & Ray’s oh my!

I slept well again last night. The ship was moving quite a bit.

We both wake up just before sunrise. Neil wishes me happy anniversary to which I thank him. Think for a minute and say it's not today but tomorrow. You really do lose all sense of time on a cruise.

Neil went up to guest services to sort out our tips for our servers as we were paying with our gift card. We had our on board credit applied to the tips too.

Neil came back we got ready and head for Parrot Cay for our breakfast. It was ok, we didn’t eat much as we really like the BBQ that they have at the adult beach.
Some of the food that was available.

We got off the ship and bought a DCL cooler bag this is to match the DVC one we have already.
It's a hot one and I pinch Neil’s hat to wear. To protect my already burnt face.

We catch the tram to Pelican Point to see if there are any shops there that sell hats. There is one but I don't like the hats that they have.
We are on the next tram up to Serenity Bay.

We have to walk quite a way down the beach to get a hammock but we get one.

We then take our chairs down to the waters edge and sit. The water is lovely and warm, warmer than what it was in December.

Some one is picking shells on the beach and when she comes past us she tells us she's seen a ray and a shark. Another couple also says this.
We did see the ray as it was swimming quite close to the beach but thankfully not the shark!

The sea cleared to a gorgeous green/blue.
I lay on the hammock for a while typed up these notes. Then went back down to the waters edge.
I just love this place.

We lay around in and went in and out of the water.

We saw the shark. I got this video, but with the sun shining on the phone it was hard to follow it. We were just standing watching it. There were a few of us and we thought it not best to shout ‘shark’ and cause mass panic.

Contd..
Old 3 Feb 11, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
After our excitement, we went for lunch, which was just as good as last time.

Steak & Ribs

Chicken

Mahi Mahi

Ice Cream – Peach and Raspberry

After a really great relaxing morning and afternoon on the beach we caught the tram back to the ship and returned to our room.

Another plus for staying on Deck 2 is you don’t have to wait for the lifts to take you to your room, just up one flight of stairs and your there.
Where we showered as we had sand everywhere. Neil then discovered he had burnt his feet. OMG they were so red. I think that's the only place he never put sunscreen.

We get ready for dinner tonight at Animators Pallet. Our food was lovely buy Neil didn't enjoy it. I think he had too much sun today.

Wild Mushroom Risotto

Salmon in pastry

Choc fudge cake

Baked Potato Soup

Pasta

Apple Crumble

We gave our severs their envelopes and we left as Neil’s feet were killing him.
Back to the cabin where we changed out of our dinner clothes into more comfortable ones.

We were just on our way out when my mobile rang. The phone was locked away in the safe so by the time we got to it they had rang off. Looked at the number, as it didn’t come up with anyone we knew. Neil looked as saw it was our eldest DD. We had all sorts going through our head. She rang back so we answered she told us to call home!
We thought something must be seriously wrong for her to do this. We lost reception on our phones as we were too far out at sea.
We thought we’d go to guest services and ask if there was any way that we could contact her. We found a lovely girl, who was from the UK and helped us no end. The guest services manager was to us what makes Disney the magical company it is. We will never be able to thank him enough for what he did for us. Anyway we got intouch with Natalie and there was nothing wrong with her. She just wanted to say that she missed us.
I could’ve cried with relief but I also wanted to shout lots of obscenities at her! I didn’t in front of the manager though. I waited till we were back in our room when we’d docked at Port Canaveral!

After that we went and got some spray for Neil’s feet. The lovely girl in the shop took pity on Neil and gave him a pin. She kept saying she was sorry. Bless her. After that we had to go settle our account. Then we just stayed in, as Neil could not walk.
I packed and put our cases out, remembering to leave something out to wear for tomorrow. We went to bed and watched the Karate Kid.

We have an early start tomorrow. We have to be up for 6:30am for breakfast. At Animators Palette.
Old 3 Feb 11, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Brilliant Michelle, brings it all back.

The food on the adult beach looks alot better than the family beach, may have to leave the sprog in the kids club in april!

Shocked about the shark, I thought they had reef nets, will be paddling only for us from now on.

bren

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Irishrover View Post
Brilliant Michelle, brings it all back.

The food on the adult beach looks alot better than the family beach, may have to leave the sprog in the kids club in april!

Shocked about the shark, I thought they had reef nets, will be paddling only for us from now on.

bren
I was shocked about the shark too Bren... my fear is sharks! There are no nets on the adult beach My video is rubbish though as I was petrified...lol's

Always enjoyed the food at the adult BBQ leave the sprog...love it
Old 5 Feb 11, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Michelle, your trippie is what inspired our Disney Cruise next year and re-reading it has made me even more excited! can't wait for your next one!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoyed reading your fabulous trip report Michelle. Great photos. The food does look gorgeous at the adult beach restaurant .. we have never eaten there so may try it out in September. That shark looks a bit scary
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List