dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by lincolnhan View Post
The ice cream place opposite gator land looks great! Imagine that kids (and adults) love it...
Yes definitely worth a stop if you are nearby.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 15, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Dining report Day 7

Tuesday 20th October Islands of Adventure

Breakfast

Ihop International drive

It was busy here, lots of Brits in

I tried and enjoyed the steak tips and eggs and hashbrowns (as recommended on the dibb!)

DH had a sampler breakfast

DD had a kids Nutella crepe

Hot chcolate for DD and coffee for us to drink

We also had a coupon for joining the email club for some free pancakes with cinnamon apple topping (you could choose the fruit topping)

$32.53 plus tip

Snack

DD had some fries from thunder falls terrace

We had the minion cup with us for each universal day. A soda refill is $1.06 inc tax. Or we filled him with free water from the coke freestyle machines. He cost $15.99 last year but they were still selling them so we had no problems using him again. They sell lots of themed cups like minion, spongebob and spiderman. Store on way into Islands of Adventure had lots of choice.

Some pictures of the sweets in that store, look at the adorable minion chocolate apples.

Lunch

Margaritaville, Citywalk

It was hot today and by late morning we were ready for a break. We headed over to Margaritaville at citywalk and were seated straightaway on the patio. We really like sitting out here people watching. Server Elyse was great, fast service and lots of drink refills.

We used 2 golf and dine tickets and paid for a kids meal for DD.

I had the fish sandwich I’d had last year and it was lovely again. DH had the cheeseburger in paradise and DD the kids cheeseburger. We all had soda to drink.

The 2 dine tickets covered our food, soda, tax and tip, we just paid for DD’s meal and tip (10% ap discount).

Never had a bad meal at Margaritaville. It was such a contrast to last night.

$8 plus tip

After a pool break we headed back to Diagon alley for the evening.

We shared Otters fizzy orange juice in Diagon alley – this wasn’t a drink on our all day dining cards I did ask so paid cash $4.79 (I know butterbeer is classed as a snack not a drink) and also got a cup of free water

NYPD pizza, metro west

Our first time here. I’d bought a groupon. It gets good reviews on trip adviser and wasn’t far from Universal by car.

We shared some garlic knots and an 18 inch meat lover. DD had a kids make your own pizza she liked making and eating.

All good will eat here again.

Should have been $32.50, paid $13.32 plus tip and the $20 groupon (Think groupon cost me $8)

Tuesday they do buy one get one cheese pie free and Wednesday kids eat free but not combinable with a groupon. The server did check if we wanted to save the groupon for another time but no good for us as it would expire before we were back.

dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 15, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 8 Dining report

Wednesday 21st October Universal

Breakfast

Cinnabon, Citywalk

We did early entry again today which was 7am at Universal in October. Cinnabon opened at 7am so we had a very quick breakfast then into the park and rode Despicable me.

DH had a breakfast sandwich and me and DD shared a cinnabon. Coffee to drink

No receipt think it was $15 ish (10% off with AP)

Lunch

Margaritaville, again! Citywalk

We are definitely best with a few park hours and then a break. So late morning we are back in Citywalk and headed again to Margaritaville.

Again we had a great meal sitting on the patio.

We had some more golf and dine tickets so DH and I had the chicken with rice which was lovely and DD a kids meal cheeseburger. Soda to drink.

The 2 dine tickets covered our meals, soda tax and tip just paid cash for DD.

$8.99 plus tip (less 10% ap)

Snacks

DD and I headed back to Universal, DH back to resort for a nap.

We shared a strawberry lemonade slushy which was very refreshing from the cart near gardens of Allah. Paid cash, this would have been a drink on quick service dining deal so should have used one of those (had drinks left on the cards we used day 2). $3.99 no ap discount at the cart.

On the way back out we stopped at bread box and DD got another Nutella shake $5.99 plus tax.

Dinner

4 Rivers smokehouse, Winter park

We had heard good things on the dibb and wanted to try. It wasn’t too far north of Universal maybe 20 mins drive. It was busy at 8pm on a Wednesday evening.

We all loved the food and will definitely be back.

Cafeteria style, we lined up they put the food on our tray, paid and you get a seat and your own drinks, napkins etc.

I had the brisket dinner with cornbread, fried pickles, fries and smoked jalepenos. DH had a texas destroyer and DD kids brisker sandwich with a side of mac and cheese. We all loved it even fussy DD.

$37 inc soda to drink

Afterwards we visited the sweet shop there, soo much choice. DD had a chocolate volcano and we had a slice coconut cake to share. Think they were $5 each. We took most of them home for later. They do have some cakes as you pay at the cash register but the lady told us to wait and order from the sweet shop which had lots more choice.

$10

Edited at 09:41 PM.
Old 3 Dec 15, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great report so far . Fab tips to use on our next trip. Those cakes look fab!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 15, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
Great report so far . Fab tips to use on our next trip. Those cakes look fab!
Thank you for reading and posting
Old 4 Dec 15, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Loved this, thank you so much for sharing. Your daughter is beautiful, takes a lovely photo.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
Loved this, thank you so much for sharing. Your daughter is beautiful, takes a lovely photo.
Thank you for reading and the nice comments about DD, she was born without her left hand but it doesn't hold her back.
Old 4 Dec 15, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Loved reading this - wow - looks like 4 rivers smokehouse is going on my ever growing list - food looks lovely😊
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

We love universal and are staying for 5 nights next August. We've never tried Margaritaville before, may give this a go as looks lovely .
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 15, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Loved reading this - wow - looks like 4 rivers smokehouse is going on my ever growing list - food looks lovely😊
Thank you. We really enjoyed 4 rivers will definitely go again.

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
We love universal and are staying for 5 nights next August. We've never tried Margaritaville before, may give this a go as looks lovely .
Hope you enjoy your Universal stay, lots of Universal places are nice. I'd definitely recommend Margaritaville, eaten there maybe 5 times over last few years and always been good. The nacho appetiser is huge.