Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Jul 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Becstarprincess
Proud to wear my Ears

So enjoying your report, CP looks lovely can't wait to try the breakfast lasagne it looks right up my street yum.
Becstarprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

Great food report can't wait to read more... Crystal Palace is our first ADR at 8.05 hopefully be as lovely as your experience.
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great report so far!

Well done you on having some healthier choices

I agree with previous posters, if you get a chance to go back to the correct Wolfgang Puck please do. The food is much better and loads more choice.

Looking at the picture of the pizza you got from there, it's not comparable. Plus bacon wrapped meatloaf is still available there.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Great reports so far. We love crystal palace for lunch but weren't keen on tuskers house.
Old 12 Jul 16, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I love Boardwalk bakery.
What a shame about rusher house, we have only ever done breakfast but rate it highly.
How is the Yacht Club are you enjoying it, did you get a nice quiet room like you wanted?
I booked tusker house after seeing lots of great reviews, I should have realised that they was all referring to breakfast
The room we was originally allocated was awful, not garden view like we had paid for, just a gravel roof and the carpet was damp and sticky they could not move us that night so offered us some extra fast passes and moved us the next day. Our room now overlooks the wedding pavilion and you can also see the lake, it is gorgeous! And quiet thank goodness
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Don't worry - I made the same mistake on our first trip. We'd caught the boat from POFQ to the Marketplace side of DTD where I'd picked up a map and saw the WPE on the Westside. So, we all trekked over there, went in. looked at the menu and wondered where all the things that I'd read about were. I asked the CM who told us that we needed the one at Marketplace - where we'd just walked from! So, off we trekked again with an unhappy and hungry DH, DD and DS It was worth it though and we've eaten there numerous times now, so if you get the chance to go, it is worth it
The staff at the WP we went to were far from helpful, I asked about the wrapped meat loaf and mash, cheesecake etc but she was very sharp and said that only the items on the menu and in the fridge are available. I stood right next to her whilst I told my husband that I had seen photos etc and read fantastic reviews etc but she never mentioned another place
Hopefully we will get chance to try the better one
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 16, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
So disappointed for you at Tusker house. It's our #1 fave breakfast buffet, but we've never had lunch or dinner. Are the characters out for dinner may I ask?
Yes there was characters, they was the saving grace to be honest because they was not rushed and was great with the kids
Old 12 Jul 16, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Breakfast today was extremely healthy
We got 4 items from staring rolls and we all shared them, I have been waiting for 2 years to try the butterfinger cupcake! And it certainly hit the spot!

For lunch we went to the ABC place and all shared 2 cheese burgers, 2 chicken burgers, 4 cup cakes and 4 drinks. This was good but I would hate to think I was paying neatly $90 dollars for lunch, when we are not on the DDP we would probably have a Danish or salad, not a full meal and desert.

For our evening meal we was booked into mama Melrose on the fantasmic package and this was the best meal so far this trip (although we had a fantastic time at CP and really enjoyed that meal too) I have read mixed reviews about the food here so may be it depends on if you hit lucky? I don't really eat steak but I had seen pictures and really wanted the steak here and it was cooked perfect, medium and nice and pink in the middle but no blood. We really enjoyed every course so big thumbs up
My toddler had fell asleep, we was going to pay for him a kids meal but ended up getting him a hot dog later but my other two children had meat balls and spaghetti, my husband and I had the steak the bread was lovely and warm, we shared a mix of starters and I loved the deserts!

Although we really enjoyed the food today I feel quite yuk because I have had no fruit or veg so I am now off to do 5 laps of the boardwalk, the children voted on stormalong bay rather than fantasmic so while my husband takes them there I will run.
If it was not for the DDP we would have spent some serious money on food today! Over $300 ! We do not spend that when staying off site. Is the food on site worth the extra? Not sure yet but will decide when we move to our villa. But defiantly enjoying ourselves and we are full! We eat ALOT and I was worried the DDP would not be enough food but it really is!
Thanks for reading and thanks for the comments, I will reply to more I promise
Old 12 Jul 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Great report so far!

Well done you on having some healthier choices

I agree with previous posters, if you get a chance to go back to the correct Wolfgang Puck please do. The food is much better and loads more choice.

Looking at the picture of the pizza you got from there, it's not comparable. Plus bacon wrapped meatloaf is still available there.
My body is crying out for healthier options already but my taste buds are crying out for all the naughty stuff