Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 8 Oct 16, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MusicalJules
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I'm a size 20/22 and went on all the rides at seaworld, Disney and universal with no problems!
Old 8 Oct 16, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thought I'd give my experience from being a bigger lady. I just got back from Orlando last week, first trip. I'm a UK size 24-26, carry most of my weight in my belly and I'm just on 5'10. I didn't fit into forbidden journey, gringotts or rip ride rocket test seats. I fit into the test seat for hulk but it was very close so I didn't want to risk it. Only rides I did go on were ET, MIB, shrek 4D, Spider-Man, Jurassic park and bilges raft barges. Which were all fine.

Everything at Disney was fine bar seven dwarfs, that...was painful. My thighs where the lap bar came down were being dug into badly, hadn't realised though I probably could have left the bar at my knees. I think the CM's would have just wanted the bar down somewhat. But I did still have lots of fun, so I hope it doesn't put anyone off
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Can I ask how people got on in water parks? I'm wondering how hard it is to get in the rings on lazy river etc, also what's it like going down slides in tandem with kids - I'm afraid I will end up drowning her by landing on top of her 😯
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jelkat View Post
Can I ask how people got on in water parks? I'm wondering how hard it is to get in the rings on lazy river etc, also what's it like going down slides in tandem with kids - I'm afraid I will end up drowning her by landing on top of her 😯
I think it's best to accept now you're not gonna get in and out of the rings with grace and dignity 😂 I fit perfectly fine though. I didn't go on any of the rides, just spent my time relaxing in the lazy river. I found it easier when someone supported/held the ring for me before I flopped in though.
Old 11 Oct 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by I_am_merida View Post
I think it's best to accept now you're not gonna get in and out of the rings with grace and dignity 😂 I fit perfectly fine though. I didn't go on any of the rides, just spent my time relaxing in the lazy river. I found it easier when someone supported/held the ring for me before I flopped in though.
Great, will look forward to it 😯
My little girl really wants me to go with her and I don't want my size to be the thing that lets her down. Fingers crossed I'll be able for a couple of water rides. Thank you ☺️
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 16, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ74
Getting to know the DIBB

I have just got back and thought I would let you know how I got on. I am big, when I say big I mean hella big. I am size 32 and have huge boobs. I know lucky aren't I?
So I don't do roller coasters it's just not my thing but I did do a few tamer rides.
Disney seems to be fine with most rides. I was worried that splash mountain had added lap bars but I was fine with them. All the "pod" rides I was good with. Little mermaid, Peter Pan Nemo that kind of thing. Haunted mansion was tight but I did it. In Animal kingdom the rapids seatbelt was tight and I had to fasten it over my legs while standing and then sit.
I didn't do Everest this time round but last time I did, if you ask a CM you can sit in the back row which has a door rather than a step over.
I was good with star tours it is a pull out seat belt which was plenty big enough. Little tip pull these all the way out and plug it in before sitting down . I know the panic of not being able to find the other end and thinking everyone is looking at you.
Universal I did even attempt the HP rides but I did do Jurassic park (very proud of myself) and I have to say the CM there were fab. They could see I was obviously worried and subtly let me know I was ok.
The new King Kong ride is fine it is just a car, not separate seats no seat belts.
The twirl and hurl was good again they will direct you to the bigger belt.
The Popeyes's Rapids ride was fine. I didn't really go on much else there.
My main advice was don't get to worried about things. If you ask the CM at the start of the ride they will be able to tell you if you will be ok. They have always been helpful and don't make any fuss. You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last big person to go to Disney.
Enjoy yourself and don't give a rats ass what people think.
I have put a picture of me on here so you can see how big I am. Don't spend any time worrying just enjoy yourself.
VickyJ74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by temo_gemo View Post
I'm a size 18/20 - now I have no worries with Disney. Just more concerned with the rides at Seaworld and Busch Gardens! Any advice?
I was there last year at a deffinate size 24 and with a large behind weighing 18st 6lbs I got on everything I tried at SW & BG so you'll be fine x (my diet has already started for my trip in may! )
Old 2 Feb 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Hiya, Did you ride the mine train?

Your post has put my mind at rest... so thank you xx
Old 2 Feb 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by VickyJ74 View Post
I have just got back and thought I would let you know how I got on. I am big, when I say big I mean hella big. I am size 32 and have huge boobs. I know lucky aren't I?
So I don't do roller coasters it's just not my thing but I did do a few tamer rides.
Disney seems to be fine with most rides. I was worried that splash mountain had added lap bars but I was fine with them. All the "pod" rides I was good with. Little mermaid, Peter Pan Nemo that kind of thing. Haunted mansion was tight but I did it. In Animal kingdom the rapids seatbelt was tight and I had to fasten it over my legs while standing and then sit.
I didn't do Everest this time round but last time I did, if you ask a CM you can sit in the back row which has a door rather than a step over.
I was good with star tours it is a pull out seat belt which was plenty big enough. Little tip pull these all the way out and plug it in before sitting down . I know the panic of not being able to find the other end and thinking everyone is looking at you.
Universal I did even attempt the HP rides but I did do Jurassic park (very proud of myself) and I have to say the CM there were fab. They could see I was obviously worried and subtly let me know I was ok.
The new King Kong ride is fine it is just a car, not separate seats no seat belts.
The twirl and hurl was good again they will direct you to the bigger belt.
The Popeyes's Rapids ride was fine. I didn't really go on much else there.
My main advice was don't get to worried about things. If you ask the CM at the start of the ride they will be able to tell you if you will be ok. They have always been helpful and don't make any fuss. You aren't the first and certainly won't be the last big person to go to Disney.
Enjoy yourself and don't give a rats ass what people think.
I have put a picture of me on here so you can see how big I am. Don't spend any time worrying just enjoy yourself.
Hiya, Did you ride the mine train?

Your post has put my mind at rest... so thank you xx
Old 18 Feb 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ74
Getting to know the DIBB

No my family did and said it would have been tight. That was the only thing I was sad I missed out on. Also when we went the queue was 2 hours plus so I couldn't justify waiting to try.
VickyJ74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List