Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip - Day 19, Day At Sea

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 19, Day At Sea

The previous day is HERE.

Thursday 29th October 2015

I was up just before 7.30am today. I had another look through the Navigator

Then had a shower, got dressed and straightened my hair. Kaley woke up next and she was very tired. Madison was up not long after her. Phil got up and they all got dressed and we left to go up to Cabanas for breakfast, at about 8.30am.

Nemo's Reef and the pool areas

A few more photos

We sat at our usual table in Cabanas. Phil and I weren't eating as we had our Palo reservation. Madison had toast, bacon, sausage, eggs and a croissant. Kaley had toast, sausage, a pancake and a croissant. I don't have photos of their plates but I do have photos of EVERYTHING that was available on the buffet!

Danish pastries

Donuts

Croissants

Muffins

Sausage, bacon, eggs and, I think, steak

Fruit

More fruit with yoghurt

Cereals

Dried fruit and nuts

Eggs Benedict

Fish, cheeses, hams, salad-y bits

Continued in next post

COMPLETE - Another Birthday Trip, October 2019
COMPLETE - The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015
COMPLETE - Danielle's Report of her Wedding Day
COMPLETE - Five Little Ones Take the Adults!
The link to the post with my Christmas reveal is HERE
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR

Edited at 12:59 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

No idea on this one!

Eggs, tomatoes and corned beef hash

Sausage, bacon and potatoes

Mickey waffles!

Butter and syrups

Fish?

Toast

More Mickey waffles

Sorry, I've just realised that there are quite a few photos today!

The choice of food really was incredible in Cabanas and it all tasted really good too.

When the girls had finished their breakfast, we went down to the atrium. One thing I forgot to mention on the Nassau day was that when I got the tickets out for our Anna and Elsa meet, I had noticed that our Princess meet tickets were for today and not our Castaway Cay day, yay! I'm not sure what had happened when we booked them but I was really pleased to find out they were actually for today. Anyway, this was at 9.15am which is why we were going to the atrium.

We were a little bit early but there was quite a line so I joined that and Phil took Madison and Kaley to see Minnie as her line wasn't too long

Photos while they waited

Then photos with Minnie

They came and joined me in the line and Phil took more photos

It was now their turn to see Cinderella

Continued in next post

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR

Edited at 11:46 AM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Next up was Rapunzel

These were both good but I was expecting there to be three Princesses for them to see, rather than just two. We went back up to our Stateroom so that Phil and I could get changed. Once we were ready, we went to the Oceaneers Club to drop the kids off. We then went up to Palo on deck 9

Another boat in the distance

We got to Palo at 10am and the others were there so we checked in. Phil took some photos of the inside and outside waiting areas

We sat for a few minutes before being taken in and seated at a lovely table by the window. The restaurant is beautiful, so well done, upscale, immaculate and the whole place just oozed elegance.

I loved this light fitting

Some of the booths

Our table

Fancy plates

Pretty table centrepiece

Beautiful artwork

Even the carpet was beautiful!

Continued in next post

Edited at 11:47 AM.
Old 17 Feb 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Our server was Nuno, shown in this picture

He brought us over iced water with lemon, mimosas and an orange juice for me. He took us over to show us the buffet but it was quite busy so he said to sit down for a few minutes and wait for the line to go down.

I don't recall where this was but it was a pretty fixture of some sort

Wine case

A table set near the back of the restaurant

I'm sure this was sugarwork, it looked incredible

Another beautiful light fitting

After sitting for a few minutes, Nuno took us back up to the buffet. We each had a server walk round with us, holding our plate and getting the food we selected. I found this a bit uncomfortable but I suppose it is normal for them so I should have just been fine with it. Here are a few photos, Phil didn't want to take too many

I was super adventurous, NOT!, and stuck to bread-type items, sticky buns, chocolate chip brioche and the like

I think this was Phil's plate

This was all delicious, it all tasted so good.

Unfortunately, we then had a message on the wave phone saying that Madison wanted picking up from the Oceaneer's Club. I was so annoyed with myself for not telling the staff that we had a Palo reservation as I imagine they would have told her she needed to play a bit longer and I was annoyed with Madison as we had explained what we were doing and had said we wouldn't be long. We tried ringing Dan on her wave phone, as her and Dave had Piper, but she didn't answer. I didn't think to try the second phone which is the one they had with them. Phil really hadn't been fussed about going to Palo so he said he would go and get them. I wasn't happy with this and told him to just go and tell them that we were eating and to go back and play but he said he would just pick them up and take them swimming. This didn't put me in the best of moods and I was really disappointed.

We had finished our first course by this stage and our plates had been cleared. There was a trolley with all of the different entrée options plated that Nuno had shown us and it was no brainer for me, it had to be the chicken parm and risotto. He had told us to order whatever we like so Mum asked for a half and half pizza of the gorgonzola and grape and the feta and sundried tomato for us to try.

The chicken parm

This was incredible and so worth getting the reservation to eat here. Everything on the plate tasted delicious and was just the right size.

The pizza

This also tasted delicious and I was glad that Mum ordered it for us to share. Once we had finished, Nuno asked if we wanted to order anything else but we were all starting to feel full so we declined so we could sample some dessert.

This was my dessert plate

I had Nutella in a chocolate cup, lemon curd merengue, tiramisu and cannoli. The Nutella and the merengue were both so tasty, I could have eaten so many of these.

At some point during our time here it had started raining, absolutely soaking the tables outside

Boat spotting out of the window

I loved Palo and would definitely recommend it to anyone doing a cruise on the Dream. The cost was $30 per person, which was charged to our stateroom. I left a $12 cash tip for Nuno.

I went back to our stateroom and Phil, Madison and Kaley were there. They had gone up earlier to go swimming but couldn't because of the rain so had come back down. The rain had cleared now so he took them back up to swim and have lunch in Cabanas, while I did some packing.

When they had finished, they came back down and I had just about finished with the packing. We all went back upstairs to see if Phil could go on the Aqua Duck but they were only allowing double riders so he had to leave it again. He went back to the stateroom to get changed back into normal clothes and I took Madison and Kaley to Vanellope's Sweets and Treats as they each wanted an ice cream. Madison had 1 scoop of mint choc chip ($2.50) and Kaley had birthday cupcake ($2.95). This was charged to our stateroom again. Phil had the camera so I didn't get any photos.

We went back to our stateroom and saw Budi so we gave him his tip envelope, which we had already pre-paid through Dreams Unlimited Travel, but we had put an extra $15 in as he had been so good. I also gave him $20 and asked if he could 'find' us some more toiletries to take home. He duly obliged and we returned to our stateroom later that day to these, which I was more than happy with

We went to Guest Services so that I could give them our FairFX card number to attach to our account, rather than the credit card, and cleared the balance on our account. We had a $400 onboard credit amount, so once this had been taken off, along with Phil paying for his parasailing, we only had $31.95 to actually pay, which I was really happy with. We had tried to keep the spending as close to the $400 as we could.

From here, we went down to deck 1 and did a walk from the bottom to the top of the ship, taking photos and recording on the go pro on the way

Continued in next post

Edited at 11:54 AM.
Old 17 Feb 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

These were inside the Royal Palace

We stopped on deck 4 to look at the printed pictures in our file at Shutters

Kaley asked to go in the Oceaneer's Club but didn't want to go without Madison but Madison didn't want to go in. After a bit of persuasion, Madison agreed to go in for a bit but by that time, Kaley had changed her mind and no longer wanted to go in! Kids, hey! We carried on our walk, missing out the decks that were just staterooms, and were soon outside

Phil went to video around the adult only areas and I stayed with Madison and Kaley

I was catching up on notes when he came back to us!

Another boat in the distance

We went up to the sports deck next, deck 14 I think

View from the back of the ship

We walked back via the pool area and saw that the Aqua Duck was open to single riders as well as double riders so Phil went back to get his swim stuff again

Mickey mirrors in a restroom somewhere

I took Madison and Kaley to the atrium to see if there were any characters about and saw the line for Donald wasn't too long so jumped in the queue

Continued in next post

Edited at 12:03 PM.
Old 17 Feb 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We were going to see Daisy too, but her line was very long and it was already 4.50pm and I still had to shower the girls and get them ready for dinner. I quickly went to Shutters to find out about collecting our photos and CD but it was too busy so we left it for now.

We went back to our stateroom and the girls had showers, got dressed and I did their hair. Phil then came back. He had managed to finally ride the Aqua Duck and had enjoyed it. He quickly had a shower and got dressed and we left at 535pm. We had a photo in the lobby then went into the Royal Palace for dinner

Our table

Kaley was very happy to see her Nana

Fancy napkins

Menus

And the kids menu

The beautiful bread basket

Madison and Kaley both had the garden salad to start and they went with the penne pasta for their mains

To start, Phil and I both had the duck confit

I wasn't sure on this, there was something I just wasn't keen on about it, and I found it tasted like tuna for some reason.

Nice photo of Mum and Dad

I'm not sure who's this was but I have a picture so will include it

Phil and I both had the leek and potato soup for our next course

This was very tasty, we both liked this.

For his main, Phil had the Crispy Roasted Duck Breast

For my main, I had the Roasted Rack of Lamb

One of the servers asked if I would like mint jelly with my lamb. Thinking it would be something similar to mint sauce I said yes. Nope, it literally was mint jelly! Look!

Needless to say, after tasting a little bit of it, I pushed it to one side as it was just too weird!

We both really enjoyed the food, I loved the lamb, it isn't something I have very often at home.

The dessert menu was brought out

Madison, Kaley and Piper all had Mickey ice cream bars

Kaley got into a bit of a mess with hers!

Phil had a Strawberry Shortcake Sundae

And I had the Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee

These were all really good again, besides the starter, I had really enjoyed this meal.

We gave out our tip envelopes to the head server, server and assistant server and said goodbye as we knew we weren't having breakfast there the following morning. We had put an extra $10 in the server and assistant servers envelopes as they had both been good.

We went back up to our stateroom and decided to pay for wifi so we could do online check in. This cost $39 for 300mb of data. I did OLCI and we had kept our same seats, 75H for Phil and 76H, J and K for Madison, Kaley and I. We put the luggage tags on our cases and stood on the balcony for a few minutes watching a storm that was somewhere behind us. We then left and went down to the theatre to watch this evening's show, Believe. It was 8.05pm when we go there and the doors were already open so Phil, Madison and Kaley went to find seats while I waited for Mum, Dan and Dave. They arrived a couple of minutes later and we went and sat down.

There was some lovely instrumental music being played and I realised after a minute or two that it was a violinist up on the balcony playing. She was brilliant, she did When You Wish Upon A Star and Let It Go and it was so good. I could have listened to her for ages. She got a massive round of applause when she finished.

Christian, the Cruise Director, came out on stage after and spoke for a bit. One of the things he told us was that there are over 100 staff who live and work on Castaway Cay to work and look after the island.

Soon enough, Believe started. This was a good show but I preferred Golden Mickeys.

After, we went up to Mum and Dad's stateroom to discuss what we were going to do the next day then went back to our stateroom just after 10pm.

Our last towel animal

We did a last sort of the cases, made sure everything was packed that needed to be, put the last tags on and then put them outside the door to be taken away.

We put the girls to bed then Phil went back to Shutters to find out what the procedure was to collect our disc of photos. With the Navigator that morning, we had also received the 'Debarkation Procedure' information

I had a read through this again, then filled in the comment card that had been left for us. I had a sort through the hand luggage and we went to bed around 11.25pm, feeling very tired.

Up next, day 20 - Going Home is HERE

Edited at 12:12 PM.
Old 17 Feb 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Such a shame your meal at Palo didn't pan out as you had hoped. It looks gorgeous. We cancelled our reservation (I don't even remember why!) and I really regret it now.

The onboard credit seems like a really great deal!

I can't believe how tanned Madison was, so jealous! The Princesses look so pasty next to her.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

The Cabanas buffet looks so so good!

Shame Phil had to leave your brunch though! Darn kids haha!

Oh that mint jelly! How bizarre!

So sad your trippy is coming to an end xxx

Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lots of lovely photos

Joan
Old 17 Feb 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great read and lovely photos
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List