Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Feb 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile Water parks in November?

Weather wise is this worth doing or not?
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

It's almost impossible to say for sure. You can get some lovely days in November and some downright chilly ones. At that time of year one of the Disney water parks will be closed for refurbishment. If the weather is really cold or otherwise inclement they will shut the other one too until it warms up again. We've been to Typhoon Lagoon in December and had lovely weather, so hopefully you will be lucky.
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you! I'm hoping we are as lucky! X
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Early or late November? We were in TL twice last year in November and it was definitely warm enough,it was only the mornings & evenings that were cooler. I'd say the later in November you go though the more chance you have of getting a cool day. If you can keep a couple of days as potential water park days then you'll definitely get a good day in there!
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*

Edited at 11:52 PM.
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks 😄 we travel 5th to 19th x
Old 20 Feb 17, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post

we have been early Nov and always go

pick the right times and its fine

afternoon is of course warmer than the morning
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
We were due to visit Blizzard beach on 11th November 2014 but was rained off, so we went back a few days and wished that we hadn't. It was PERISHING. The CM's were in big bomber jackets and said we must be crazy. There was only one or two other people in the entire park. It wasn't too bad under water, but as soon as the air got on you, it was freezing. I called it a day and left the others to it when my daughter's lips went a tinge of blue. Took her to the changing rooms and we got dressed and got some doughnuts and hot chocolate to warm up! About 20 minutes later the sun came out and it started to warm up. My daughter was fine, happy and playing the whole time, but that evening in DTD she got a temperature and she went really pale and lethargic. Took her back to the hotel and gave her some calpol and she was fine the next day, but I'm convinced it was something to do with the cold at BB that morning. I wouldn't do it again.
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pink-princess22
slightly serious Dibber

We went to blizzard beach on 29th November 2014 and it was good weather for us Brits ... The Americans were saying it was cold but for us it was warm! Good thing about it also was that it was fairly quiet!
DLP - Sequoia Lodge - Sept 2018 - Celebrating a 60th
WDW - Port Orleans Riverside - Oct 2023 - Honeymoon
Pink-princess22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for everyone's replies...obviously if it was cold we would leave I wouldn't let them play in the water if it was that cold! But it was more to see whether they were actually open which I didn't realise 1 would be closed for refurb... I think we may dedicate an afternoon instead of a full day maybe twice split tiring days up but also give it time to warm x
Old 20 Feb 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

We go late Oct/early Nov for 3 weeks and have always had lovely weather in the water parks. However, the last time I remember one of the lifeguards saying it was full of Brits today as it was too chilly for the Americans
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List