Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
New Dining Event - Celebration at the Top

inline imageDisney have a new way to see Wishes. Held on select Sundays through March 26, 2017 you can experience the flavours of the Pacific Coast and enjoy a dazzling fireworks display during Celebration at the Top, a special event held in the private Sonoma Room and Napa Room of California Grill.

Here, you can relax, unwind and savour light bites and refreshments for one hour prior to the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Culinary offerings include:
  • Canapés, sushi and small plates inspired by the California Grill menu
  • Libations from the complimentary bar offering premium liquors and California wines

Celebration at the Top is held in the Sonoma Room and the Napa Room at California Grill, an award-winning restaurant located on the 15th floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. These private rooms are ideal for intimate events, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and connecting to an exclusive observation deck, where you can enjoy sweeping views of Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom park.

As showtime approaches, step out onto the intimate and private observation deck reserved just for Celebration at the Top Guests. Here, you can enjoy an incredible view of the Wishes nighttime spectacular, the biggest and brightest fireworks in Magic Kingdom history. The lights will dim as music is piped into California Grill, so you’ll be immersed in the magic of the night.

After fireworks, head back inside to enjoy a sweet spread of petit four desserts, cordials and coffee.

$99 plus 18% gratuity and 6.5% tax per person

(Tax $6.44, Gratuity $17.82, Total $123.26 Per Person)

disneyworld.disney.go/di...on-at-the-top/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	california-grill-celebration-at-the-top-04-full.jpg
Views:	86834
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	63850  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Booking is now working on the page.

Old 21 Feb 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

I guess when they said (paraphrasing from last year), that they have opportunities to increase revenue without additional building/expense - they really weren't kidding.

There's so many 'added extras' now, and they just seem to keep coming and coming - from the express busses to the cabanas in magic kingdom - and now this.

I don't mind some added extras - infact, I have some booked for my trip in April... but seriously - this is kind of getting beyond a joke now. It's every other week they're announcing something new that costs extra.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I actually consider this one is a classier Desert Party with Wine and Spirits included. It is a bit more expensive but also a bit more elegant.

I wonder if they will extend it if proves popular.
Old 21 Feb 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

I actually like all the new experiences being announced. For people who want to have new and exclusive experiences when they visit things like this are exciting. We already have 'Highway in the Sky Dine Around' in mind for our trip if it's available then, if not I'd consider this one.

JA x

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

I think this is a great idea and a great location, especially with Wishes coming to an end now.

I would definitely go to this, sounds more up my street than the other dessert parties!

I wish it was still on when we go in May!
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Ohhhh the knockers will Knock

its not a bad deal, what does $99 buy you in WDW, you can have a bite to eat, a few drinks and watch Wishes in a nice location

It'll still be knocked though
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I actually consider this one is a classier Desert Party with Wine and Spirits included. It is a bit more expensive but also a bit more elegant.

I wonder if they will extend it if proves popular.
I totally agree.
Out of all the 'extra' events advertised in the past year or so, I consider this one to be the most appealing and( best value) and had I been going in March (instead of July) I would definitely have booked this.
We haven't been to the California Grill and this would be a good opportunity to see it.
Notwithstanding that, I love the idea of canapes and sushi (and bar) 1 hour before the fireworks, and ds will also love the little desserts afterwards..

Hope they extend this to summer 17 -PLEASE

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Considering it offers alcohol beforehand I think it's certainly better value than the sugary dessert party down in the park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Count me in!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List