Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Mar 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
What has happened to tea?

We're supposed to be a nation of tea drinkers yet you can't get a decent cuppa anywhere these days. Most places use cheap, generic teabags. Starbucks uses decent teabags but puts on them the water from the coffee machines which is not hot enough for black tea and too hot for green tea.
It was the last straw on Sunday when we stopped at a gastro-pub for a cuppa and were given two dry teabags and a teapot full of hot water (from the coffee machine ). When I asked if the tea could be made properly, please? I was told no, sorry, this is the way we are required to do it and anyway you get more tea this way (? ?)
It seems that the only place you can get tea made properly these days is in a greasy spoon caff and even there the teabags are dire.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
the café in my local garden centre does a cracking cup of tea, they serve it with a mini shortbread on the side. It comes in a cup and saucer with an extra pot of water and they have skimmed milk which I prefer in tea.

I really hate tea made with water from a coffee machine - not only is it not hot enough, it still tastes of coffee. There was uproar in the staff canteen at Tesco when they took our kettle away because of health and safety!
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by loobz View Post
There was uproar in the staff canteen at Tesco when they took our kettle away because of health and safety!
Oh yeah - they installed a water 'boiler' in our canteen too. The tea drinkers just bought a new kettle!
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I detest tea and cannot abide the smell, my Wife loves it though. I do wonder though if eventually it will be totally subsumed by coffee?
I don't like cold coffee or weak coffee so understand the frustration of tea drinkers.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

We went for afternoon tea a few weeks ago and I only drink decaff but was surprised they served it in a teapot, loose tea, with a strainer. It was the nicest cup of tea I've ever had!
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My work doesn't have a kettle and we have to use hot from the coffee machine.

I'm leaving in 4 weeks, so hoping that the new job has a kettle!

I rarely drink tea out of the house as it's never made how I like it. A tiny drop of milk is fine.
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I only drink tea at home. I'm afraid I'm pretty fussy. If it's not leaves and a strainer it's got to be good quality teabags. Fresh boiled water bag agitated in the cup not milk anywhere near until the bag has left the cup. Semi skimmed only and a splash 1/2 a sugar and in a decent cup preferably thin china. Are you surprised no one offers to make me a cup😛

Edited at 09:52 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Best cup of tea I've ever had was the first one the midwife made me after I'd given birth. That was a cup of tea!
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I bet I'm the only bloke on here who gets up anytime from 5.30am on, comes downstairs and waits for a text off my Wife saying T Plz!
Normaly I'm on my 3rd mug of coffe by then!

I then deliver said tea and the iPad

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
She sends you a text? What's wrong with banging on the bedroom floor?