Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 24 Oct 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bbhogan View Post
Hi,

First time on QSDP next year. I've read this twice but can't see the answer to my question:

Can you substitute your included drink in a QS meal for a side/snack?
You can usually do this at your resort but not at a park. Some cm's may allow it at a park if you ask but usually it is only at the resort as you have your refillable mug to use for drinks at the resort
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Croatia June, then Vietnam July
Unread 28 Oct 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
I searched to try to find out more about what alcoholic drinks you can choose from. In the DDP.pdf from the link in the initial thread starter post it says that alcoholic drinks aren't included after saying in the link itself that they are, because the pdf covers only 2017. Here is what it says in the link:
"Rapid Fill refillable drink mug is valid for the length of your stay, eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney hotel. For 2018 arrivals, where 'beverage' is included for table service meals and quick service meals, the guest may choose any non-alcoholic beverage, or from a selection of the beer, wine or mixed drinks available at the location (21 years of age or older with acceptable proof of age). Please note that the Disney Dining Plan entitlements may be subject to change; terms and conditions apply."
Does anyone know whether the 'selection of beer, wine or mixed drinks' is listed anywhere?
An alcoholic drink is included in 2018? That's great! I've upgraded to DDP from QSDP on the free dining, so it's even better value now, even if only DH and I can have a drink and the teenagers are on soft drinks.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Big Apple->Disney->Universal
Unread 29 Oct 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nuttynat
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Hey guys. I need help. Ive just gone past the 180 days so I can start booking restaurants. Were only on the quick service dining plan but I believe that we can use it for the be our guest restaurant. Do I have to make a reservation for this? Or do I just turn up on the day I want to go? Not quite sure how it works? Xx
Nuttynat is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nuttynat View Post
Hey guys. I need help. Ive just gone past the 180 days so I can start booking restaurants. Were only on the quick service dining plan but I believe that we can use it for the be our guest restaurant. Do I have to make a reservation for this? Or do I just turn up on the day I want to go? Not quite sure how it works? Xx
yep, you can make reservations for this and you need to if you want to eat there as it is very difficult to get.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Nov/Dec 2017! Yacht Club & The Poly!
Disney Bear is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 29 Oct 17, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nuttynat View Post
You can only book it for lunch or breakfast on the qsdp. Dinner is a full ddp credit. It will need booking early so if you are at 180 days, you need to book it asap. There is no characters at lunch or breakfast but the food is really nice, we enjoyed the pork and the beef baguette when we visited for lunch.

Edited at 05:38 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 15 Nov 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks_81
Apprentice Imagineer

Quick question, all my children are >10 when we go,
With the alcoholic drink available on their dining package, will I be able to use that and just buy a non alcoholic drink for them?
2012 highgrove villa
2014 AOA at TownCentre villa
Tinks_81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st time on site: AKL
Unread 15 Nov 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinks_81 View Post
Quick question, all my children are >10 when we go,
With the alcoholic drink available on their dining package, will I be able to use that and just buy a non alcoholic drink for them?
I dont think anyone knows for sure yet as its a new addition for 2018. Theres a theory that no, you wont, as theyre under 21 so not legally able to drink.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CBR!
Unread 15 Nov 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

As Sha9 says, I think ID would be needed to prove age of anyone using credits for alcohol.