Notices

Old 27 Mar 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

The Big Run Disney Trip - Day 2 And The Epic Epcot Drinking

Hi everyone! Kirsty here. Since today is the Epic Epcot adventure, and I took enough selfies to fill my iCloud photo album *ooops* I said to Gemma that I'd cover this day off. As Gemma explained earlier, we had very strong plans for our days, and today was Epcot.

Outfits planned. Gemma in her Olaf inspired disneybounding and me in my Jasmine (although Elsa thought I was bounding as her. #allabouther). We set off to the bus stop and we're waiting for a bus at about 8am. I can't remember if we ate breakfast in the room, but we did get coffee once in Epcot so that'll do right?!

Soon we arrive at the park, and begin the task of bag check (had to pack ponchos today...!), security, band scanning and then the standard slow walkers and general faffers as you get into Epcot!

However here we were and off to Soarin, when we picked our FP Frozen was the Tier 1 pass we picked. This meant that we did the Soarin Shuffle at opening and waited standby.

Without more than a 15min wait we were in our loading line and ready for our flight. We'd asked if we could get front row and the CM very kindly let us into the next concourse. A super way to start our Epcot day, and we both agreed that the enhancements that have been made are amazing!

Next up. My favourite. Living with the Land.

I LOVE this ride. And with a wee 5minute wait it was a no brainer after our Soarin flight. Today was no exception, a thrilling boat ride through the fish farm (why do the Sturgeon look so scary! ) and into the greenhouses (all the while getting jealous of the Mickey shaped produce, I can barely keep a cactus alive! )

Our plan today was very much focused on batting through the attractions before we headed into World Showcase, and we decided that neither of us was hugely fussed about Test Track. So we had a little snack stop...yes, it was barely touching 10am, but don't judge...

Thanks to Gemma's amazing snack planning skills we knew exactly where to find this little Mickey shaped cheesecake beauty in Sunshine Seasons!

Suitably sugared up it was time to journey through time with Dame Judi Dench, after we figured out where the fastpass line started and the standby line ended...! Epcot seemed hugely busy today, spaceship earth had close to 60 minutes at 10:30am!

Spaceship earth sorted and our futures viewed, we headed towards World Showcase, with a little stop at Starbucks - Gemma was beginning to realise that a decaffeinated Kirsty isn't a fun Kirsty, and from here on in made sure I had coffee on hand!

We reached World Showcase just as the rain started, and where better than to shelter from the rain than Mexico...

A quick stop into La Cava Del Tequila proved fruitful, and with our margaritas we decided to explore the pavilion...like any responsible adult...

We found small hats.

We found big hats.

Just as the last drop of margarita goodness was drunk... we found Donald.

On our way out we grabbed another poor unsuspecting photopass guy and had a mini photo shoot in front of the statue.

And just like that, we decided that it would be a GREAT time to meet Anna and Elsa. So off we went to Norway, fuelled by tequila, for our first Princess meet of the trip...

After a short wait (and a lovely chat with a family behind us in the line - we were hyper aware that it was only 11:30 and we had a light aroma of tequila about us) we met the frozen sisters.

Elsa recognised Gemma instantly with the orange bow and called out the disneybounding, and then seemed very touched that I had bounded as her. I hadn't but I didn't have the heart to say it was Jasmine!

A nice meet and greet which lead us to the next stop on Gemma's snack tour of Epcot...Kringla Bakeri

Frozen Ever After was our final fastpass of the day, a great wee ride but so glad we had the pass for it. The line didn't get anywhere near 60mins all day!

Rather controversially, we decided to split the Troll Horn rather than the School Bread. This was delicious!

A quick seat to shelter from the (easing) rain and we were off again...to China...and I decided it was time for lunch!

The food in China is great, for anyone who says you only was fast food in Disney I dare them to come to Epcot!

A quick stop in the lotus blossom cafe for some scrummy Chinese food, ready to hit the rest of the Showcase for snacks and drinks.

The rain had started to ease off and we were able to remove our ponchos just as we left lotus blossom

We stopped in at Germany for some caramel goodness, and then onward to Italy, Morocco and France for the next stops on the Kirsty drink tour of the world...

I won't bore you with each individual picture. Take it from us, we took on my drink 'sampling' challenge and did our best!

Prosecco in Italy.

Some vibrant coloured slushy with copious volumes of run from Morocco

Grey Good and Grand Marnier slushes from France

And then we took a little wander around the boardwalk to Ample Hills to sample their prosecco with sorbet (very good! )

Whilst we were in Ample Hills getting our drinks, the heavens opened again and the rain started. So it was on with the ponchos, and we ended up sitting outside the shop in the shelter drinking and facetiming our poor boyfriends back home - poor boys!

No amount of rain keeps us down.

We decided to head back to Disney Springs as we had plans for the Coke bar, and as we were close to the boardwalk hotel, we squelched our way into the hotel lobby and off to the toilets to try and make ourselves more presentable!

Just like that the rain stopped, ponchos were whipped off and we hopped a bus to the Springs! We never really experienced any problem with the transport during our short trip, everything was just perfect

As we headed towards to Coke bar we spied that in wee square loads of RunDisney banners were up and a huge poster for Beauty and the Beast was there too. So we took obligatory photos there before heading into the Coke shop and up to the bar

We decided to forego the alcoholic options and go for a standard Coke Float Flight. These were great, and enough in the cups for us both to try them and decide which ones were the favourites and which ones really tasted quite like antiseptic!

Another thing that I was pleasantly surprised about, and will definitely be adding to any future trips to the Springs.

After our Coke Float experience we decided it was dinner time, and like any good Dibber, when on the QS dining plan and in Disney Springs there is only 1 place to go. Wolfgang Pucks.

We took the short walk to WP at the marketplace and ordered! We totally forgot to take pictures of the food though so you'll have to imagine me tucking into the meatloaf and Gemma enjoying the spaghetti and meatballs!

It was a fantastic 2nd full day, and it set us up nicely for the RunDisney Expo which is just around the corner on day 3..

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Elsamac - 27 Mar 17 6:28 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yay! Loved our Epcot day even with the epic rain! "Light aroma of tequila" 😂 We where so drunk by Ample Hills 😳 Love this day think you are far better at this trip writing thing than me you can be on writers duty for the next one xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great Epcot day apart from the rain and well done for donning ponchos and carrying on

Joan
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A really good day, glad you didn't let the rain stop your fun.
Old 28 Mar 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I always love Epcot, but this trip to Epcot was probably my favourite one ever - even with the rain we just had a blast!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List