Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Mar 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ohdear66
Trying for More Ears

Midsize SUV - Boot space

Hi everyone,

We are hiring a Midsize SUV for our trip from the DCCC and wondered what the boot space is like? It says 2 cases but surely that is not right? The UK equivalent is a Qashqai/Tiguan and they would fit much more then that? We are taking 4 cases and are a family of 5. Just feeling worried but i'm sure i shouldn't be ha!
Also i've noticed they are no longer advertising any midsize SUV's for our dates...i assume its because they are all booked?

H x
Universal's Sapphire Falls/Disney's Grand Floridian/Oak Island Villa - May 2017!
Disney's Coronado Gran Destino - Oct 2019
ohdear66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I'm not sure how it works suspect they say two cases for the smallest car they have in the group. I'm sure I've heard they offer a equivalent of the Vauxhall mocka which a friend has and there is no way of getting four cases in the boot of that also heard someone say a Nissan Juke again a very small boot. Hence why I changed to a std SUV. As they seem to be bigger boots. (Even though it didn't state that would fit 4/5cases) however I know they will fit as use a Santa Fe over here.
However with all the above said heard many people say they got rav 4 Nissan rouge which will fit the cases in your taking. If booked with Alamo just walk up and down line till you find one with a boot that suits you.
as for no more mid size SUV does it offer intermediate SUV as they are the same class
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

We often book the midsize SUV (couldn't tell you what we ever get though as cars aren't my thing) and we fit 3 large suitcases in boot and usually one carry on. Think you would need a bigger boot for 4 cases plus people... they really can be quite small.

Edited at 05:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Who are you booked with? We had an standard SUV booked last year with Alamo and was able to take a Chevy Traverse 7 seater from the row. This would be comparable with an Audi Q7 in size.

Photos on the sticky above. Was a 2 2 3 formation, so you would need one person in the boot (aka crumple zone) and split the rear bench 60/40 to get the 5th person in and the luggage.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ohdear66
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Booked with Alamo and as it's the DCCC I have read you can't pick from a range as they just bring one for you?! I'm sure it will be fine just trying to be prepared. May email in advance and ask for a rogue as I have a qashqai here in U.K.
Thanks for replies!

H x
Universal's Sapphire Falls/Disney's Grand Floridian/Oak Island Villa - May 2017!
Disney's Coronado Gran Destino - Oct 2019
ohdear66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List