Notices

Old 30 Mar 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Over the Hill and Sailing Away March 2017 Day 3 Epcot Garden Grill Teppan Eddo

Aargh Apologies first part of this report can be found at the end of day 2, I forgot to change the title on the app and it will take too long to repost again!

Now my plan for this morning was to go straight to Soarin with relatively little wait, and this plan would have worked if anyone else is thinking about doing this, however the rotating restaurant had proved to be a problem for Derek and he felt woozy. He wasn't feeling ready to straight onto a simulator ride. I despair really, I have no idea how he going to cope with the cruise when he feels woozy after this. Anyway the kids weren't keen either and said they would prefer to run to Test track and see if they could get in the queue early for this instead. So we hot footed it over but soon realised the queuing was round as far as the tunnel so we gave up on that idea and jumped in to see Baymax. This was a nice meet and greet even if it did lack a bit of interaction, the kids were pleased to have done a new character meet for them however they declined a visit to Joy and Sadness.

Once we exited we went to Test track to check in the single rider wait time and it was only 10mins so the kids and I went for it, Derek was happy to still sit out the rides for now.

Ride over we wandered a bit admiring the topiaries and getting some photo pass photos at the fountains. We went into the Butterly Garden which was nice and then had a nosy in the shops for sunglasses for Murray. He managed to master putting in contact lenses last year so he was quite keen to get some normal sunglasses, he had also come out without a hat today and was struggling with the sun.

Single rider at Test track

These were drawings on the ground, looks 3D when you take a picture

I was really enjoying some relaxed time in the park and must have been in a great mood because when everyone suggested going in Ellen's energy adventure I didn't pull a face or sulk once! This ride takes 37minutes, that soooo long! Anyway I may have had a little snooze as did Derek which refreshed him ready for some more rides.

Time for our Test track fast pass, the kids love designing their cars and it was almost a draw but Murray had three more points overall. We then spent quite a bit of time in the after area where the kids designed more cars, played the racing game and got pictures taken with their car designs. Derek tried out a few of the big trucks.

To Club Cool next to try out the drinks and laugh at everyone tasting the Beverly before getting some coffees and waters at Starbucks. We took a stroll to the front of the park and sat in the shade/sun for a rest. The topiaries at the front of the park were lovely but you would not believe the crowds trying to get a picture here.

We had a fastpass for Spaceship Earth but oh my goodness the fastpass queue was snaking out into the beating sun and so I made a quick change to The Nemo ride and we walked back through the park to the seas.

After and enjoyable ride through the seas tummies were rumbling so we headed to the World Showcase for some Nachos in Mexico. There was quite a wait for our food but very much worth it. The kids found a lovely table by the window so we had a nice view across the lagoon.

Stitch and Angel were bought at some point.

Topiary at the front of the park

After this more egg hunting began in our way back round to the hotel. We managed to complete the collection finally in Britain. We were still to find the Canada one but by process of elimination there was only one left to stick on.

You can see the chip egg in this photo somewhere.

British revolution were starting to play in Britain but the kids weren't keen to hang about when I started singing along.

We headed back to the hotel. We popped into the Marketplace to check if we could retain our trivia title but sadly it was not to be, We got number 2 and the bonus question wrong, (bonus question was what paper did Walt get fired from for lacking creativity? if you are playing along)

It was 3.30 by now and we had a dining reservation at 6pm at Tepoan Eddo so we just chilled out in the room watching TV and playing iPads before getting ready for dinner.

The room was relatively tidy so here are some pics of the room

I remember having more storage in Yacht club, we have struggled for drawer space a bit.

We made our way back to Epcot at 5.40. It was a really beautiful evening.

We made it to Teppan Edo on time and we were seated very quickly with nice family from Kentucky. It was their youngest birth and a real fuss was made for him. The restaurant is definitely been our favourite so far, the chef was fabulous and the meal was amazing, I highly recommend it. The kids both had adult meals tonight and they scoffed the lot! Everyone except Derek had steak and shrimp, he had steak and chicken,

Derek had two beer flights, an advantage of staying on site meaning no need to drive.

The chef made something special.

The two boys were similar age and got on well spending quite a while chatting and we exchange emails at the end of the meal.

We had been chatting about the Easter egg hunt and how the family had only realised about it today but were leaving tomorrow so I gave the birthday boy ours to trade for the gift and took a picture so I could buy another one for our two later.

After dinnner some Pokémon cards were bought in the shop, some beer was purchased in Germany, some wine was bought in Norway and we ended up going round to the trader post to get the kids another egg map so they could claim the prize

You get a choice of one of these cute eggs, of course we had to purchase two maps as the kids thought it only fair they got one each! They picked Stitch and Lady.

We headed back round to Britain, we went into Canada to find the last egg as I said they should complete the hunt properly.

We then hit footed it round to France so I could get a grey goose slushie before illluminations started. The Magic band machine wasn't working though, I was gutted.

Never mind Illuminations was great and we then headed home.

The fireworks from Hollywood studios were going off and you can see them behind the Eiffel Tower, I didn't manage to get a good photo but it was lovely to see.

I was trying to take a pic of the kids walking and talking together when this scooter zoomed into shot, it was hilarious he must have been going 20 miles per hour, his wife trailing behind about 5 mins later. I think there should maybe be a speed limit on these things.

To make up for not getting my slushie we all went to the bar so I could have a prosecco. It was a nice end to the night.

Tomorrow we go to Disney Springs, California Grill for dinner and Magic Kingdom afterwards

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 30 Mar 17 2:45 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

Sounds like a lovely day was had by all, love those eggs.
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

Just caught up with days 1, 2 & 3. Looks & sounds like you are having an amazing time. We were there this time last year & your report is making me wish I was there again now. Thanks for sharing
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a lovely day

Joan
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Thanks for the photos of the room, it looks lovely and spacious enough for 2. You are definitely fitting loads into your day without seeming rushed or stressed at all. Something fizzy to end the day is always a bonus.
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

What a dab day. We love the Garden Grill for breakfast, great food and just the best character interaction Chip and Dale are our favourite ☺️

Good to see you managed a wee prosecco before bedtime as you missed out on your slushie 🍾 X
Old 31 Mar 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchs Ohana
Proud to wear my Ears

Stitchs Ohana's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: -1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great to see another set of Angel and Stitch will be coming home to Scotland We brought ours home in 2014. Loving your report, its Fab, cant wait to read the rest.

Rodeway Inn (I-Drive 1996); Highlands Reserve Villa (2001); Calabay Parc Villa (2008);
Hampton Lakes Villa (2010); Woodrige Villa (2014); Dibb Villa ~ Drumtochty, Solterra Resort (2019 & 2024) ;

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Stitchs Ohana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a totally fab day. Loving the photos. Great fun and more great food. Loving the Easter Egg hunt.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

So glad you loved Teppan Edo too. Great photos again and another packed day which didn't seem too stressy.

We've not done Garden Grill and it seems to get good recommendations so it's going on our list 😁

Looking forward to reading more tomorrow.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List