Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Mar 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day before... West Coast again ;-)

I really enjoy the day before we go as I'm in holiday mode :-)

DH came home from work at 7am, Connor got up for school at 7.30 much to his disgust and Chloe stayed in bed as she had the day off college. She only goes in on a Wednesday afternoon and as we were off at dinner she wouldn't be going in.

I went to the hairdressers at 11.30 for a colour, cut and blow dry, whilst waiting for my colour to take, I checked in on line all very painless

Got home at 1.30 to find the dog had been taken to my mums, Connor home from school and everyone seemingly organised !

DH loaded up the car whilst I put the 3 sims into our phones.

Finally left home at 2pm, then DH remembers he hadn't got his sister a birthday card so detour to the shop and post office !

I always find the food options around Heathrow rubbish tbh so as we had loads of time DH suggest we go to Buddies Diner at Northampton, little bit out the way but we love it there and its such good value. 4 huge meals for £52.

Arrived Crowne Plaza at Heathrow at 6.30pm found a parking space near the entrance and checked in.
Karen aka WelshWiz found the hotel deal for me as very few do 21 days parking.. anyway we got parking and the hotel for £156.

Given room 211 which was lovely, but it was so warm in there.. Not much to do so we had a wander around the hotel bought a few bits from the shop watched TV and bed around 11pm.

Connor for some reason decided he wanted to sleep in the chair so I let him get on with it, can't say it looked very comfy to me though
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lauramcfc
Imagineer

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa your trip reports have started , always enjoy reading thmem
Old 30 Mar 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Really looking forward to reading all of your trip report. I especially love pre travel day and travel day itself. Looks a great hotel room. I'll be looking for any hints and tips ready for our first west coast trip next year.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by lauramcfc View Post
Yeaaaaaaaaaaa your trip reports have started , always enjoy reading thmem
Thank you ... I was going to do it whilst we were there but we were just so busy ..

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Really looking forward to reading all of your trip report. I especially love pre travel day and travel day itself. Looks a great hotel room. I'll be looking for any hints and tips ready for our first west coast trip next year.
Thank you..

It was a lovely hotel.., Will definitely use it again..

We came across two issues this year a lot of hotels won't do 21 days parking and a lot of car parks only serve certain terminals, We flew out of T3 and were coming back into T5... most don't serve those two..

However thanks to BA cancelling our flight and putting us on American Airlines we landed back at T3 after all...
Old 1 Apr 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Thank you ... I was going to do it whilst we were there but we were just so busy ..

Thank you..

It was a lovely hotel.., Will definitely use it again..

We came across two issues this year a lot of hotels won't do 21 days parking and a lot of car parks only serve certain terminals, We flew out of T3 and were coming back into T5... most don't serve those two..

However thanks to BA cancelling our flight and putting us on American Airlines we landed back at T3 after all...
Well we are having a taxi to the airport again next year as with there being five of us, we just struggle to fit everything in and no one can take us!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Yay...been looking out for this.
Always great.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Thank you will get some more done over the weekend .
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

That's a real bargain hotel and parking at that price. Lol at your son, did he sleep all night in the chair?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I think we stayed there once - is it just off the main road, next to a Holiday Inn and a Novotel? I seem to remember having fish and chips in an Irish bar there