Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 31 Mar 17, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day 3. West Coast again ;-) NASCAR Racing..

Up at 7am as my DH likes to be at the track as early as possible..

Met our friend downstairs as he wanted a lift again, His wife didn't come today seemed it was too hot, It later emerged she didn't really like anything about Vegas and spent pretty much 2 weeks at the hotel.

Anyway went to Denny's at Tahiti Village for breakfast , wasn't too busy which was a surprise so we were in and out quite quickly.

Parked in our usual spot at the race track and watched all the lucky people arrive by helicopter at $500 each way we won't ever be doing it

I don't know how hot it was today but when we left at 4pm it was 100.. so it must have been hotter mid afternoon.. Cost us a small fortune in cold drinks !
My favourite driver blew a tyre on lap 60 and I lost interest at that point For me the most entertaining part then was a fight at the end between 2 drivers, full on fist cuffs resulting in blood etc..

Hung around a little after the race as Connor likes to see the drivers leave, left at 5pm and headed back to the hotel for showers we were so hot it was unreal.

Met my friend Jill at Smashburger at 7pm.. She had to be at the airport for 9pm so it suited her. Smashburger is at the South Outlets and was really nice and a very reasonable $53 for the 5 of us.

We had a lovely time with her, She's very busy being a PR for a top driver so we normally just get a few minutes at the track , I get a few perks through her and a lot of gossip from the world of NASCAR, What is lovely is she gets on so well with all of us.

2 hrs passed by so fast, We made plans to meet in October when we got to Charlotte and she's arranging some behind the scenes stuff for Connor :-)

Said our goodbyes and we went for a ride down the strip and were back at the hotel for 10pm

We literally hadn't stopped since getting off the plane with late nights and early mornings... I am so lucky that the kids (teens) are brilliant and never ever complain about how much we do.

Steps walked...13898 / 7.35km
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH loved the Daytona 500 me I read a book only got excited the last 5 mins but it's ne off his bucket list I know the boys would all love it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looks like a fab but very hot day . I know my boys would love this. We will do it one day .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
We used to do the 500 every year but the whole of speedweeks , but I can do all 3 west coast race weekends , actually 4 now for the same price as speedweeks tickets plus the weather is better . The 500 had good weather this year but a lot of years recently it's been delayed for rain until the next day

It was unbelievably hot , but the weekend after in Phoenix was worse , the car read 111 when we went back to it so must have been hotter mid afternoon , we've never had heat like it .

It has cooled right down over there now though and Vegas last night had major winds that caused a lot of damage so we went at the right time😂😂

Gryff my daughter didn't used to like NASCAR but over the last few years she's got to know people that work in it and hang around pit lane and sometimes the garage area and now she really likes it .
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Too hot for me, I would have melted and would have to be shovelled up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I was a bit like that the following week in Phoenix :-)
Old 3 Apr 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Hoping we have good weather next April when we go, although don't mind if it's not quite that hot!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
It's never usually that hot, We normally get temps in the 80's the week after we left it cooled down to more normal temps.

Connor's friend is there this week and its been in the mid 70's most days bar one day last week when they had awful winds.
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
It's never usually that hot, We normally get temps in the 80's the week after we left it cooled down to more normal temps.

Connor's friend is there this week and its been in the mid 70's most days bar one day last week when they had awful winds.
That sounds better!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List