Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports Download the app for iOS or Android
Unread 1 Apr 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Dubai March/April 2017 LIVE - Day 2 - On The Move In Wild Wadi

I woke up pretty early - about 6am! By 7.30 we were all up and starving! They serve breakfast either in the Club Room or in the Nomad restaurant. We chose the Club Room as it is quieter generally!

We all gad freshly made omelettes with a variety of sides (mushrooms and rostis for me!

It was lovely!

DH and I went downstairs to see about the room but the person on reception knew nothing! We said we were going out and would see them when we got back!

We got a taxi from outside the hotel and 15 euros later and about 20 minutes we were at Wild Wadi - the Jumeriah group's water park!

We get unlimited access - so instead of paying about 60 euros each we just paid for a locker (20 euros)!

The boys went on the surf machine whilst Freya and I did a couple of runs of the shooting water rapids - photos to follow as we went on these a lot. It ends up in a lazy river!

In the distance you can see the rides we went on next - the first was on a round tube with holes in it that seated the four of us. We fid this last year and it was fine. They had changed it and F and I agreed it was not to be repeated! The other one that went from the same point but a different route and was a lot tamer - phew!

We had lunch - the kids each had fish and chips!

J and I shared falafels. - more than enough for us!

We lazed in the big wave pool to let our lunch go down! As you can see, the view was pretty good!

We had great fun taking underwater selfies - amazing how simple things can amuse everyone!

F also went on the kids slides - she took the camera with her!

We spent the next hour on the water runs - basically you are on a tube and you get swept up long runs before hitting a staging point - the longer of the two takes about 15 minutes.

You get some really good views at times - but it is actually hard work keeping your bottom up and keeping straight!

You end up in the lazy river!

O also went on the Jumeriah Screamer - horrible ride

We got a taxi back - passing a frame building in construction. One of many!

We went for afternoon tea in the club room! There were also scones with clotted cream!

I then went back down to reception where they told me we would be changing rooms shortly and they would call me when it was ready. It was only through the Concierge in the club room that we found out it would be another 3 hours!

After a rest in the room (a 2 hour nap for J!) during which time F and I went to a local pharmacy to find some tape to put over here glucose sensor in her arm (it was taking a bit of a battering)!

We went to the happy hour in the club room at 6 - lots of nibbles which suited three of us!

Eventually we moved rooms - the deputy manager came to apologize!

The room is smaller but we prefer it!

We then caught the metro to a local mall. F had a subway and ice cream! We had a wander before coming back.

I at last unpacked and the boys went to the gym

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Visiting my boy in Hong Kong:
Unread 1 Apr 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 1 Apr 17 7:51 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

What a great day. Wild Wadi looks so much fun 😀 Glad you got your room sorted & could finally unpack. Looking forward to the next instalment.
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely time at the water park glad they eventually sorted your room.

Joan
Unread 2 Apr 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
What a great day. Wild Wadi looks so much fun 😀 Glad you got your room sorted & could finally unpack. Looking forward to the next instalment.
It was a lot of fun! I am so happy to have been able to unpack!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Apr 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lovely time at the water park glad they eventually sorted your room.

Joan
Thanks Joan

Index of my trip reports
Unread 2 Apr 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

The water park looks ...Fab? Ace? Cool? Brilliant? Awesome? (On fleek! ) What's an appropriate adjective these days? Anyhow, it's looks fun. I wouldn't mind being in that lazy river right now.

Also, the food looks better than average for water park fare.

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 17, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Looks great fun and loving the look of all the snacks at the hotel.
Pleased they *finally* sorted your room

LOL, shopping trolleys in the mall - is that a food store on that bottom level ?

From the Bayou to the Beach - latest trip report index here ]
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
My Magic Holiday