Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Apr 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day 5. West Coast again ;-) Strip & Secret Garden..

Up at 8.30 almost a lie in ;-) I seem to be up first every day :-)

Everyone else got up and ready and we decided on Egg Works for breakfast today as we had a Groupon voucher. We ate here last year and really enjoyed it.
Drove there which took about 10 mins, were seated immediately and we didn't have to wait long to be served and for our meals which were lovely.

Connor had apparently not got any white socks to wear with his black trainers ! So we went to the North Outlets which I find far more civilised than the South and more pleasant to walk around.

I've said this before but I don't rate outlets these days, they are just a extension of normal shops and you get better bargains in Macys'. All we bought were his Adidas socks and a Michael Kors bangle for $47 (its about £125 here).

Yet another roasting hot day but we were adjusting now and we do love the heat and sun.

We had MyVegas vouchers for the Secret Garden so we drove there,Cost $7 to park in the Mirage.

Had a nice couple of hours here but it was so hot the animals were sleepy. However I would never pay to come here, its about $88 for a family of 4 and its just not worth it imo to see a few Tigers, Leopards and Dolphins.

We had some friends staying in the Mirage so I messaged them to see where they were, seems they were over at Denny's across the road but had nearly finished. We walked across to meet them calling in to get the kids big slush drinks from Walgreens a bargain at $1.99 each.
Our friends appeared and we spent probably a hour talking , they then went off to get some show tickets and we walked to the car.

Drove back to South Point, got changed ate in the buffet $69 for the 4 of us, excellent as always and drove to Fremont Street.

We always use the Fremont Hotel valet parking if we can, as I really dislike the multi storey car park.. it creeps me out !

I'll say this if your not open minded, have young kids or kids a bit more sheltered than mine don't go.. Everywhere you look there are topless women or men wearing very little ! Music was rubbish this year too. The canopy display was Green Day not my cup of tea either.. I did see a lot of small kids under 5's and its really not the place for them at night imo.

Had a wander inside the Golden Nugget , looked at the lovely pool area and sat down for a while and then went and found the golden nugget which is always fun to see.

Left about 11.30 and drove back to the hotel via the strip.

steps 16618 / 8.34km

Edited at 01:21 AM.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Old 2 Apr 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Love your nails!
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Thank you.. not so nice now though, lots of re growth and I've lost a few , roll on Wednesday night when I get them replaced.
Old 3 Apr 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

We were planning on doing the zip wiring at Fremont Street, our girls will be 17, 15 and 12 when we go... do you think it's suitable at this age or not? We did see some odd looking people last year in Times Square, is it a bit like this but worse?!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
We were planning on doing the zip wiring at Fremont Street, our girls will be 17, 15 and 12 when we go... do you think it's suitable at this age or not? We did see some odd looking people last year in Times Square, is it a bit like this but worse?!
Mine are 18 & 14 so not so different to yours.. Apparently the Rio zip line is the better of the two but neither appeal to me ;-)

Its just quite seedy and you see a lot of pretty much topless people..

Mine are used to Vegas, don't bat a eyelid at it but I know it could well make some people uncomfortable... Google Cupid Fremont Street...
Old 3 Apr 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, love that huge nugget.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Wish the nugget was mine... One day I am determined to buy some gold from that ATM ;-)
Old 4 Apr 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Mine are 18 & 14 so not so different to yours.. Apparently the Rio zip line is the better of the two but neither appeal to me ;-)

Its just quite seedy and you see a lot of pretty much topless people..

Mine are used to Vegas, don't bat a eyelid at it but I know it could well make some people uncomfortable... Google Cupid Fremont Street...
Thanks, I'll have a look!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List