VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Dixonsontour does Disney Oct 2016 - Day 7 = Shopping and Hollywood Studios

Dixonsontour Does Disney Saturday 29th October

Day 7 Shopping and Hollywood Studios

Accuweather says it was 84F (29C) today. Another warm sunny day. Hollywood studios was predicted a busy 7/10 and open 9-8pm and it was a night they were showing the new Star wars fireworks.

We headed over to Hash House a go go on International drive for 8.30am.

I'd bought a voucher off Travel Zoo and it expired 31st October. We've had breakfast here a few times, it was good but portions are huge. They now include valet parking as the parking area is small.

Afterwards we headed to Millenia Mall. DD and I went to Justice (tween clothes shop) and DH had a browse at expensive watches and gadgets.

We then headed to Buena Vista outlets as the Justice there had the jacket DD wanted in her size (they had called from Millenia store for us to check)

Back at the hotel I had a nap and they chilled out.

We had a 3.40pm adr for Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package. DH drove. Restaurant was DH's choice as he had really enjoyed it last time. We enjoyed the food but would have preferred being in the main room like last time. As we didn't need the Fantasmic reserved seating tickets (the ones from Mama Melrose on Thursday were good for 5 days due to cancelled show) I paid cash for DD for a normal kids meal not the fantasmic package saving 2 adult TS. We still did the package as you get 3 courses on the dining plan for 2 TS (It's a signature restaurant). I loved the lobster dish I had.

After eating we watched the new Star wars show and Indiana Jones which we haven't seen since DD was a preschooler. We then did Tower of Terror at DD's request (yes complete u turn from refusal to wanting to go on!)

We went to Fantasmic and we all enjoyed this.

Afterwards to exited Fantasmic and stood on main street to watch the Star wars fireworks. View wasn't the best but we had had to make a choice of Fantasmic or fireworks due to cancellation of Fantasmic on Thursday. My plan was one night at HS for each which had been thwarted. I would like to see these properly if they are still on next time we go.

Afterwards we headed to Walmart nearby on SR535 and spent $80 on goodness knows what. The 88 cent medicine bargain bin was a treasure trove!

The clocks changed in England tonight but not US for another week so the last week of our hols we were only 4 hours not 5 hours time difference to UK.

dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That's a great idea to still do F! package even when you're not going to the show just so you can get 3-courses. I'd like to go back to Hollywood Brown Derby but we love all the HS restaurants so it's so difficult for us to pick where to eat. Even harder now we don't spend much time there!

We did the Star Wars dessert party last year as I don't really think it's possible to get a good view without it! Staking out a spot ages before isn't our style. You can roam around Launch Bay at your leisure during the party which was great. And you can take drinks with you to the viewing area (alongside the alcoholic drinks they have cans of soda you can help yourself to). They handed out bottles of water just before the show starts too. We've done a lot of dessert parties and this was probably our favourite.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That's a great idea to still do F! package even when you're not going to the show just so you can get 3-courses. I'd like to go back to Hollywood Brown Derby but we love all the HS restaurants so it's so difficult for us to pick where to eat. Even harder now we don't spend much time there!

We did the Star Wars dessert party last year as I don't really think it's possible to get a good view without it! Staking out a spot ages before isn't our style. You can roam around Launch Bay at your leisure during the party which was great. And you can take drinks with you to the viewing area (alongside the alcoholic drinks they have cans of soda you can help yourself to). They handed out bottles of water just before the show starts too. We've done a lot of dessert parties and this was probably our favourite.
I've read lots of positive reviews for star wars dessert party. I will certainly bear in mind if we go again.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 10 Apr 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good day

Joan
Thank you
Old 10 Apr 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Avidly reading and enjoying your trip report - as always. I've booked Kidani today for 1 night as a surprise for everyone with dvc points, a first for me. I'm even more excited now I've seen your pictures of AKL.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Great day.
Thank you
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Avidly reading and enjoying your trip report - as always. I've booked Kidani today for 1 night as a surprise for everyone with dvc points, a first for me. I'm even more excited now I've seen your pictures of AKL.
How exciting. We loved AKL
Old 11 Apr 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another jam packed day, I love it.