Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Dixonsontour does Disney Oct/Nov 2016 - Day 8 - Brunch, MK, AK, and Hallowishes

Dixonsontour Does Disney day 8

Sunday 30th October

Brunch and MK, AK and Hallowishes

Accuweather says it was 85F (29C) today

We were up at 8am ish and DD facetimed her friend.

DH drove to our 10am brunch adr at California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. Complimentary Valet parking was included.

We had a stunning view of the lake and MK from our window table.

The brunch was fabulous, one of the real highlights of the holiday. It was $80 or 2 TS credits. Children are child price 3-11 so we paid cash for DD and saved her adult TS credits.

I did a detailed review in my dining report. If you are thinking of it i'd say just do it, it was fabulous and we will definitely go again. It's only offered on a Sunday.

Afterwards we got changed in the very nice restroom. DD and I headed to MK on resort monorail, we did a full loop to get there which was good as we hadn't done that yet this trip.

DH went to car care centre as there was a fault on the red car. They swapped it to a white mustang convertible. He then headed off shopping.

I'd made us 3 fp that morning for MK. We did winnie pooh, dumbo, the carousel and small world. DD had a slushie, it was another hot afternoon.

We met DH back at the Contemporary and headed back to hotel. DD and DH had a swim, I did some laundry.

We had a QS tea in the Mara then headed by car to AK for last couple of hours, it was open until 8.30pm. We did the safari at sunset and DD got a hair wrap for $40.

It wasn't as fancy as the one she has had at Universal last few trips but she did like it and kept it in for several months. We also did It’s tough to be a bug.

Animal Kingdom at night was so quiet, well worth doing.

We drove over to Contemporary as we were going to watch Hallowishes fireworks from the deck at the California Grill. regular parking this time. As we had eaten there this morning they had confirmed we were fine to come back and watch tonight with the receipt.

We had a late night QS in Contempo cafe which wasn't great to be honest then went up to watch Hallowishes at 10.15pm. It was a fantastic view and they pipe the music in. We have watched Hallowishes from here before and it is a real wow, another holiday highlight.

Then back to hotel in the car.

Edited at 10:36 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Loving your trip report! Thanks so much for sharing.

I love your daughters hair band - may I ask where you got it from?
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Loving your trip report! Thanks so much for sharing.

I love your daughters hair band - may I ask where you got it from?
Thank you

The beaded mickey ears hair band was bought at Disney in the AKL shop. I'm sure they had them in lots of the stores though.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

So glad you enjoyed the Cali Grill brunch, we have it booked for the last Sunday of our trip and are so looking forward to it! Think I might have to physically pry my partner away from the all you can eat sushi!

I have read both this and your dining report, and it has made me really excited for our stay at AKL as we have never stayed there before!

p.s your daughter is just so precious! Such a lovely smile!
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am desperate to do the brunch. It looks gorgeous and the view is something else. I am really hoping they start offering it on extra days as we have plans every Sunday this year.

Busy day today!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The food at the Wave look really good and a great view for Hallowishes

Joan
Old 11 Apr 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Cali brunch looks amazing, have to agree the view of fireworks from up there is wonderful, another great day!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
So glad you enjoyed the Cali Grill brunch, we have it booked for the last Sunday of our trip and are so looking forward to it! Think I might have to physically pry my partner away from the all you can eat sushi!

I have read both this and your dining report, and it has made me really excited for our stay at AKL as we have never stayed there before!

p.s your daughter is just so precious! Such a lovely smile!
Thank you. I'm sure you will love AKL and the brunch is a fab way to end your holiday.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am desperate to do the brunch. It looks gorgeous and the view is something else. I am really hoping they start offering it on extra days as we have plans every Sunday this year.

Busy day today!
There's always next year

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The food at the Wave look really good and a great view for Hallowishes

Joan
Sorry I'd not put the name of the restaurant It was California Grill. I've edited it now. thanks for reading and posting.

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Cali brunch looks amazing, have to agree the view of fireworks from up there is wonderful, another great day!
Thank you
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The brunch looks really good, although I don't know that I would pay for it, but on DDP it could be a maybe. Your fireworks photos at the end of the day are fantastic.
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
The brunch looks really good, although I don't know that I would pay for it, but on DDP it could be a maybe. Your fireworks photos at the end of the day are fantastic.
It was a good deal on ddp. Fireworks are Dh's photos.