Notices

Old 12 Apr 17, 03:49 AM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 13 - Epcot, Olive Garden & Hollywood Studios 5.

Day 13 - Epcot, Olive Garden & Hollywood Studios 5.4.17

Walked - not sure as tracker got broken today!

Spent - $112.29

Early start this morning as we were meeting mum and dad at 9:15am outside test track for our first FP.

We got to the gates for 8:50am, paid our $20 parking and were inside by 9.15am...just enough time for a pic before meeting mum and dad. Their bus drops off at Epcot so they were in the park just before us so were waiting as we got to Test Track. The older two boys love this ride but DS3 was unsure about riding. We told him he'd like it as you design your car etc so he agreed... he immediately regretted it as soon as his seat belt was on lol! He survived though and all the boys spent an age in the cars after the ride.
It was after 10am now and really hot already. A quick stop for some refreshments in Club Cool After this we took a slow walk around to World Showcase as it didn't open until 11am. Mum and I had a pic flying on some butterflies...

And posed with the topiary one...

If you look closely you'll spot that I dressed for the occasion again with my butterfly top

We were standing on the steps in Mexico for the opening ceremony at 11am sharp. Among the first in we got straight on Donald's Gran Fiesta boat cruise.

Norway next and I was really hoping to get on the new Frozen ride but at a 90 min wait there was no chance the boys would agree

I did get a pic of Anna and Elsa in topiary form tho!

We made our way through China and had a look in the shops. Stopping in more the boys (and my mother! ) to get their passports stamped.

Germany next and stopped for a pic with Snow White...

Italy next and there was this gorgeous topiary of Lady and The Tramp:

America next and we had a seat and ate some snacks we had brought for lunch.
Spotted Woody here as we were leaving:

Japan next and then onto Morocco and through to France. There was a bit of a commotion going on here and camera crews were setting up equipment. We sat down by the fountain to have our pics taken by photopass cm and we spotted Stephen Mulhern filming for Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Take Away that was happening this coming weekend. Live show is saturday...just as our plane will be taking off to bring us home!

And here's some of our memory maker pics. I love this spot for a photo:

You can't really make them out in the pic but look who was behind the fountain. Beast and Belle, isn't it just beautiful? Wouldn't mind having this in our garden at home lol!

Found these two hanging around aswell..

Onto the UK next then through to Canada. We sat in the shade for a bit while the boys finished off coloring their passports. My mother in law called from back home to tell us the dog wasn't doing too great and had another seizure I was worried sick about her and felt terrible guilt that I wasn't there with her when she was ill.

Saw the last of the topiary and headed to Mouse Gear to buy my garden welcome stone I had forgotten to buy the other night.

Here it is again. It cost me $31.98. I love it:

We said goodbye to Epcot and left to make our way to Olive Garden at crossroads for dinner.

We were sat down eating by 4pm. DH and my mum both had spag bol on the buy one take one deal. They both also had soup. I had a meatball sandwich with endless salad and my dad had chicken flatbread and salad. DS1& DS3 had pizza and DS2 had mac & cheese. I seem to have lost this receipt and never pictured it for some reason but noted that we paid $50 towards the total bill. We paid more so never split this totally in half as the kids meals weren't free so our lot cost more than what mum and dad's food cost. And for some reason I only have a few pics of the food, not all the meals.

After dinner we headed to Hollywood Studios. We went straight to Indiana Jones for the 6pm show.

It was then time for our FP for Rock n' Rollercoaster. My dad sat it out and went a walk with DS3 while the rest of us went on. The boys love this ride, it's their absolute favourite!

One last go on ToT next! We came off and the sky was pitch black!

After this we had a wander around the shops. We spotted this pic of Macaulay Culkin and DS2 had to pose for a pic as everyone always says he is his spitting image...what do you think?

We found a spot on Hollywood Blvd to settle for the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. I don't think there are even enough words to describe just how good this show actually is. It is so cleverly done, has you in complete awe from the get go, totally mesmerizing...do I dare to say I enjoyed it more than Wishes...yes I think I did! It's one not to be missed for sure. A fantastic way to round off our theme parks of the holiday!

Hard to get pics as I was too busy watching what was going on! Here's the best I could do...

We took mum and dad back to their hotel and we're back in the villa by 10.30pm eating left over Olive Garden!

Chilled out day planned for tomorrow at Disney Springs... I finally get to go see Beauty & The Beast!

Old 12 Apr 17, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lallan - 12 Apr 17 4:04 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Gosh, yes your son is just like Macaulay Culkin, that photo is so cool. Great day.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

You'll love Beauty and the Beast - it was just magical. Your son doesn't half look like Macaulay. The topiary just looks fantastic.
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 12 Apr 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
purplemusky
Apprentice Imagineer

purplemusky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Totally agree that your son is the image there of Macaulay.

1995 IDrive/St Pete's Beach/1999 IDrive/Sarasota/2012/2013/2014 & 2016 Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa/2017 Regal Palms & St Pete's Beach/2018 Orange Lake and Miami/2019 Miami, Clearwater & LBV
purplemusky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great day, your son is the image of Macauley alright, that's a brilliant pic
I never knew about the Olive Garden take one away deal, that's great value and w love Olive Garden, will be giving it a go this year
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Some lovely Photopass photos - I've never seen those butterfly ones before.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Lovely day, those topiaries are so gorgeous
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List