Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Apr 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Second Helpings - Day 20, 11th August 2016 - MK and our last full day

I know the last few days have been short, this is because I literally just have a list of names of rides that we did and nothing else, I've tried to remember what I could from the photos to pad it out a bit.

Today was our last full day and even though we’d been at MK yesterday, it still needed doing again today as nowhere else can be last park day for me. We were up at 6:30 aiming for MK opening, you’ve got to make the most of that last day.

We parked Aladdin 204 at 8. Again, the monorail was not yet running and so had to wait for ferry as had just missed one.

MK looked like it was smoking today

We arrived in time for the opening show, but this time watched from the right hand side as we knew we wanted to go straight to Space Mountain we managed to ride this twice in a row with very little queue which was fab. We considered a third, but there was a bit of a queue so decided to move on to other attraction while it was still quiet in the park.

We went for the Rapunzel meet and great and her visiting princess was Tiana, this was great as we’d never met her. Both were lovely, Tiana’s dress was really big though, which made photos more difficult.
We then rode It’s a Small World, just as we boarded the boat, Amelia’s tooth came out! We hadn’t even realised it was loose.

We still had a bit of time until our fp for 7DMT opened so we rode the Little Mermaid ride and then went and met the mermaid herself (it's a good job she has very long hair) before riding 7DMT for the last time this trip.

We stopped for an ice cream, this at Storybook Treats where they did serve soft serve for Niamh and Hot Fudge Sundaes for Dave and Amelia. It was around 11:00 now and it felt much quieter than yesterday, I think some of the local schools had started heading back or were just about to. The girls rode the carrousel while Dave and me took it in turns to visit the restrooms and then we all joined together to watch Philharmagic.

Our fp for Splash was now open, and we hoped not to get soaked as we had a reservation for lunch in an hour! Luckily, we were only splashed. While waiting for this, I was able to move our Pirates of the Caribbean fp forward so it opened as soon as we finished Splash. We then got a fp for Haunted Mansion for when we finished lunch.

Lunch was at Tony’s Town Square. We had booked it because of the Lady and the Tramp theme as Lady is Amelia’s favourite Disney character. I was really unsure when we booked this as the reviews were often quite poor, but we loved it. It was one of our best meals of the holiday and one we would book again. Dave and the girls had pizza and I had Prawn pasta. We didn’t have desert as I wanted one last Dole float so was saving space. Niamh and Amelia shared the cupcake that came with Niamh’s kids meal.

We did our haunted mansion fp before eating our Dole floats and then at Niamh insistence, did Dumbo, as she still needed the selfies taken with me, like Amelia did earlier in the holiday.
We walked out watching the end of the parade as we went, we caught the resort monorail back to the TTC as the express one wasn’t working again.

I said the other day we were done with the American Girls shop, I’d forgotten that we made one last (sigh) trip today, to get a doctor’s kit as Amelia of course now wanted the same set that Niamh had.

We got back around 6:30 and began packing and the girls went in the pool and played with their dolls. We ate some chicken nuggets and chips for tea, the nuggets were disgusting, but it was a matter of using up what we had.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Wow losing a tooth in magic kingdom! Did the tooth fairy bring a special treat for that one? Your food at Tonys looks good.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We loved Tony's too, it taught me never to believe reviews and just to go see for myself what a restaurant is like. If it's awful then we'll chalk it up to experience.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Lovely morning at MK. Pity about another trip to the American Girl shop!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Wow losing a tooth in magic kingdom! Did the tooth fairy bring a special treat for that one? Your food at Tonys looks good.
She just came with dollars rather than pounds, that were then spent in the AG shop!

Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We loved Tony's too, it taught me never to believe reviews and just to go see for myself what a restaurant is like. If it's awful then we'll chalk it up to experience.
Very true and definitely something we will be doing more of in the future.