Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 May 17, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Bi fold doors

I'm really being nosy and asking any one with bi folds how do you find them, we are having an extension and am looking at getting them, although everyone I approach always try's to give me the hard sell. If it's not to cheeky can anyone let me know how much they paid, we are looking a 4 metre aluminium ones and maybe with integral blinds. If I don't have blinds what do people put up at the windows and what is your experience of them. Really sorry to ask but I get the right hump with hard sell salesman.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We paid £3,800 for 4 panels (3 bifold and one opens so if we want to pop out we don't have to move them all). Think ours would be around 4m. Price included fitting but it was part of an extension so the builders had done most of the preparation.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
The Golfer
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Buy them next time you come to the usa they are so cheap
The Golfer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

We have 5m ones. We bought them from Wickes as DH works there and they were fitted as part of an extension. We can open either the middle as a single door or as much of the rest as we like.

I love them in this weather as having most of the back of the house open to the garden is lovely. (Except when it gets late and all the moths come in!)
Winter is kind of annoying as I'd like some sort of curtains to make things more cosy but I think it would spoil the look of them and would probably cost a lot.

eta, I think the list price was £5k, ours are wood.

Edited at 08:16 AM. Reason: More info
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have 4 panel, centre opening UPVC with integral blinds, cost about £4K including fitting into new extension.
UncleLatch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We were quoted £1000 per meter without blinds and this seems to match what everyone has said on here. Weve6chosen to go for French doors and two windows for about 1/3 of the cost.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

We paid £1800 I think.
We only gave two so quite small. They open by pushing the centre and slide all the way to the right, sitting flush against outside wall or just enough if you want to step into the garden.
Ours are grey aluminium. We were advised to have aluminium as upvc can be heavy and not enough support so may drop, wood will need maintenance and may swell.

We have long vertical blinds which can be pulled all the way to the right so most of the doors are unobstructed. These were about £70 I think.
This was all done as part of a small extension in 2014

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List