Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 17, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

I just booked Economy plus with united was around $110 - $120 each that was Dub to EWR...my friends used it recently and said it was fab!
Old 7 Jul 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Dh is 6'6" and broad. He can manage in economy but not with a bulkhead seat as you don't have that extra space under the seat in front to put your feet. We've had a few issues with people in front complaining that they can't recline because dh's knees are in the way but the stewards look at the situation and say it's not his fault. We've tried premium but because the arm rests didn't move it was a narrower seat and very uncomfortable

I suffer from patelleo-femoral pain syndrome which means I can't sit with my legs bent for any length of time and I find there to be plenty room to stretch out in economy
Old 7 Jul 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeysbuddy View Post
I flew United from Belfast to Newark to MCO last July.

I'm 6ft2, extra leg room is a requirement for me, I can't cope with normal seats.
Having just a bit more leg room.

I upgrade to extra leg room for the long part. eg: belfast to Newark/Newark to belfast.

I'm fine for a few hours on a plane. so newark to mco/mco to newark I didn't upgrade.
This is a great idea, thank you!

I'm looking at the planes I think we'll be on and there's a wee row of 3 economy seats directly behind the last row of PE. They look like they have extra room so I'll be looking to book those!
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just got all the confirmations through and Julie at Travelplanners has given us seats for all flights directly behind PE. They are changeable as far as I can see but will these have any extra room would anyone know?
Old 7 Dec 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Nearly 6 months later and there is sill the ongoing debate in my head lol!

A guy in work who's 6"2 flew United in October and although he would fit in the economy, he knows he wouldn't have been comfortable.

Priced an upgrade for all 4 of our flights and it's working out upwards of $800 I may get some overtime booked!