Notices

Old 18 Jul 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

New England Staycation July 2017 - Day 8 Portsmouth, Freeport And Nubble

First of all I'm so sorry for the delay in yesterday's report! We got home and watched a film and I was sooooo tired I fell asleep!
So back to yesterday and the plan was breakfast in Portsmouth then onto Freeport in Maine!

Portsmouth is a beautiful seaport town - it reminds me of Canterbury / Bath or somewhere like that, very pretty individual shops that you don't find in a standard town and lots of cafes and restaurants... oh and ice cream shops! But today we were just coming for breakfast!

We have found a diner that we like called the friendly toast - it's pretty wacky inside but good coffee and food!

I made my own omelet (well not literally!) with a side of cinnamon toast - yummy!

I had to take a picture of Beth's - she went for the veggie donut burger! It looked hideous but she assures me it was delicious!

From here it is about 50 minutes on to Freeport - it's an outdoor outlet village - really beautiful town to wander around and it's the home of LL Bean - they have maybe 6 stores here dotted around but they are the size of about 3 department stores in 1! I'm not a huge fan of the style but I still like to wander and it has lots of displays inside of bears, moose etc

This would be perfect for my carry on lol!

We saw a London store so of course needed to check it out...

Omg HP sauce was $9.99 and biscuits $6.99 it was outrageous- I think I'll stick to my dibber friends!

Still fun to look around and explore

We then just mooched in tourist shops - I liked this moose poops!

It was pretty hot so we grabbed iced coffee in Starbucks and sat people watching for a while

Next up was one of our favorite stores - the popcorn shop! It has over 40 flavored on offer and free samples for whatever you want! We took full advantage of this and must have tried around 1/2 of what they had!

Here is our selection! I think good value at $4.99 a bag

I did go into American Eagle and Abercrombie -straight to the clearance section for some bargains!

These aren't great photos so I need you to use imagination here! Abercrombie had a buy one get one 1/2 price. I got 2 short sleeved shirts - they are super soft and have buttons on the front and back, I have a cozy jumper and the softest long cardigan I have felt! All this for $70

Then in American Eagle all jeans were $20 - these are fab all ripped up and with embroidery really different and 2 of the super soft tshirts at only $10 each

After a lovely day we broke the journey by stopping at Nubble Lighthouse which is in York - we came here in January time and my goodness what a difference the sunshine makes! It's beautiful here...

If things don't work out with the lake house I'll take here instead!

Ria got another magnet - hehehehe

We decided to eat outside so got a lobster and picky bits, I don't like seafood but they tell me it was delicious!

I had some Maine blueberry pie for pudding - it was sooooooo good!
Today is a lazy day, I'm still in bed with my coffee writing this now! But I'll be back later to fill you all in! Until then... Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 18 Jul 17 2:46 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day and even more bargains

Joan
Old 18 Jul 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

There's the Debs we know and love - shopping photos - yay. I love your American Eagle tops and jeans. Looks like another lovely day with your friends. Oh and your cinnamon toast looks delicious - must try some in the States this year.
Old 18 Jul 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Portsmouth does look very pretty.

Ooh that shop was expensive - Id miss my chocolate digestives if I were there at that price!

Nice shopping again - do you have a massive clothes room in your new home!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lovely day Debbie and shopping too... doesn't get much better than that .
The British food shop though definate rip off ... bet it makes you appreciate your food parcels even more
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I missed you yesterday morning

Another great day, and some great bargains too. You are showing your friends some lovely places x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My that donut breakfast plate looks twice the size of your friend! Pretty places and more bargains...with two teenage girls I just hope they're still some left in Florida!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like a great day and even more bargains

Joan
It was lovely! We had such a lazy day yesterday I'm combining with today x

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
There's the Debs we know and love - shopping photos - yay. I love your American Eagle tops and jeans. Looks like another lovely day with your friends. Oh and your cinnamon toast looks delicious - must try some in the States this year.
Love cinnamon - it seems very popular here! Xx

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Portsmouth does look very pretty.

Ooh that shop was expensive - Id miss my chocolate digestives if I were there at that price!

Nice shopping again - do you have a massive clothes room in your new home!
I may have a room dedicated to my clothes xxx

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Lovely day Debbie and shopping too... doesn't get much better than that .
The British food shop though definate rip off ... bet it makes you appreciate your food parcels even more
Yes! I'm thinking of setting up my own store at those prices! Xx

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
I missed you yesterday morning

Another great day, and some great bargains too. You are showing your friends some lovely places x
I was being lazy! Yesterday was equally as relaxing so I didn't post - will combine with today - we are off to castle in the clouds! Xx

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
My that donut breakfast plate looks twice the size of your friend! Pretty places and more bargains...with two teenage girls I just hope they're still some left in Florida!
It was huge! I'm sure there will be enough bargains for everyone xx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
You have some beautiful towns near you. I can see that there's lots to explore. I can feel a future holiday being planned in my head - just need to drop that into a conversation with DH!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List