Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Jul 17, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile 'Mother knows best' July 2017 - travel day

Pre travel day is here - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post12692664

We were up at 6 this morning and raring to go. Everything ran smoothly and we were all checked in and through security by 8am. We chose Frankie and Bennys for breakfast. Charlie had pancakes, Sam had bacon and pancakes and I had eggs florentine, this was just what we needed and was £25.05

We had a browse through duty free and the got called to board on time - then due lots of little issues we ended up taking off 90 minutes late. I found out we were delayed by email rather than the crew there. Here's our plane

Finally on we were ready to experience the bubble for the first time. I have to say we really enjoyed it, we felt like we had loads of space and it was quiet up there.

Anyway on to the food - the
menu

I had pre ordered a veggie meal which was spinach meatballs and actually not bad at all. Sam chose the sausages and Charlie had the kids pasta

We watched a few films and all napped, Charlie got particularly comfy bless him!

Afternoon tea was served about 90 minutes before landing, I received a veggie houmous wrap which was lovely the rest was the same. Charlie thought the sandwich was disgusting!

We landed about 45 minutes behind schedule and walked into an empty arrivals hall - we couldn't believe our luck! We were straight in to baggage and 2 of our 3 bags were first off and then we waited... and waited... our last bag was last off! We then did the monorail and quickly nipped in to earport to buy magic bands as we have an early ADR tomorrow so wanted to get these linked.

We then went to Alamo skip the counter and to get our villa info. Those who read our pre trip will know I was panicking about booking a standard AOA villa with Virgin but we will get to that. We got free upgrade on our car to a midsize and I chose the fiat 500 4x4 as it's similar in size to my X1. My first driving experience was good! I was terrified but I didn't get beeped or go on the wrong side of the road!

We then rocked up to our villa which is amazing! We were upgraded to a 4 bed and it's huge. It's pretty new and really well stocked even hotel style toiletries in all four bathrooms! Pics below for those interested in the Virgin standard villas - there is a pool but I don't have a pic yet.

We then did a trolley dash round Publix spending 92 dollars on nothing much! We have snack and breakfast bits really. We grabbed a medium cheesy papa johns for 12 dollars to fill a gap and Charlie went to bed at 8.30pm, we are going now.
I'll leave you with my fail of the day! Oooh I thought, a double bottle of Pinot Grigio for 11 dollars. I deserve the wine I got us here and everything's ok, I deserve a bottle of wine half the size of me. Only to sit down to write this and discover the villa doesn't have a corkscrew! Water it is then! Hopefully tomorrow I will buy one!

Day 1 complete is here - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1036419

Edited at 07:55 PM.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You're braver than me, I've never been able to pluck up the courage to drive abroad. Glad your travel day went well. Shame about not having a corkscrew, we have been there! Now we have 3 corkscrews at home and I made sure I added corkscrew to my packing master list... why oh why can't they switch to cheapo screw top bottles?

I hope the rest of your holiday is/was fabulous.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Great travel day , the delay at this end sounded as though it worked in your favour arriving a bit later and straight through immigration... I bet you panicked when you saw a case was missing this happened to us on our first Florida trip... only ours last case didn't come onto the carousel... for five days 😮.
The villa looks lovely and lots of room... that bottle of wine looks like it took some lifting lol... have a great day today and definitely remember the corkscrew , looking forward to reading more
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh bless Charlie, I'm sure that was comfortable for him, but agony for you! Glad you had a smooth travel day.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tinks333
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What no corkscrew 😲!
Sounds like you had a good travel day. Looking forward to reading more. . . I remember my son's first visit - magical! Enjoy every moment 😊
tinks333 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh bless Charlie, I'm sure that was comfortable for him, but agony for you! Glad you had a smooth travel day.
It wasn't too bad actually - now he's a big 6 year old the falling asleep being cuddled is long gone so I just enjoyed the moment watching him sleep!
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone for reading
Old 23 Jul 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The villa looks gorgeous! Have an amazing time!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great travel day, the villa looks amazing!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A great travel day. Thumbs down 👎 for no cork screw in villa - honestly!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List