Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Kenwood Travel
Unread 26 Jul 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The Dibb made me do it - The plan

A small amount of background. We were last in Orlando 3 years ago. We had no intention of returning soon. We had. Compromise trip to Disneyland Paris that we enjoyed but we definitely couldn't afford to go back to Orlando. And then I'm reading theDibb early one Saturday morning. And people are booking flights to California for 300. That sounds interesting. I take a look but I don't know what California will cost once we get there. So o think no.
And then someone says Orlando via NYC is going cheap. And I'm hooked. I'm a bit of an Orlando addict and I just couldn't say no. I text Phil who was at the rink. Obviously he says book it. He's as bad as me.
Before the skating session is over. It's booked - we are going to Orlando via New York. 2 nights in NYC and 2 weeks car hire booked in Orlando for a 3 week trip. I always think the air fare is so expensive might as well go for 3 weeks. As if we can live on air while we are there. Still we will make it happen. Somehow

After booking it. And our DVC accommodation I didn't give it much mor thought until park ticket prices dropped for the 2 week tickets. So much that we decided we couldn't justify 3 week ones. So a little rejig of the plan was required. We rejigged a few times and so we've ended up with a bit of a mishmash but I'm sure it will work.
We are starting in New York City for 2 nights ((with hindsight I'd have booked 3). and then fly down to Orlando. 2 nights in SsR with no car or park tickets. We will chill at the pool or venture to Disney Springs. I'm actually looking forward to it and wish it was longer.
3 nights at the Rosen Inn to visit Universal Studios. A very last minute addition to the plan. And then back to our favourite the Boardwalk for 12 nights and the final 2 nights at AKL.

Not much set in stone. Tickets to Aladdin in NYC and meeting my friend from Uni on our last night.

Edited at 10:39 AM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Love the Glitch thread!
Unread 26 Jul 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Sounds great! I hope this means we'll get a trip report!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Oct 2020! Yacht Club!
Unread 26 Jul 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love your logic, I'm starting to think I should get annual passes for Universal next year just in case I read something on the dibb for cheap flights! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Unread 26 Jul 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

Sounds fab. I can't believe it's been so long since you were last there. I bet the girls were really looking forward to NYC, they're just the right ages to enjoy it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All-Stars & Boardwalk
Unread 26 Jul 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really looking forward to this trip report! We are off to Orlando in 2 weeks and going to New York for xmas.
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the magic
Unread 2 Aug 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds a fab plan, so much going on.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The trip that wasnt meant to happen
Unread 6 Aug 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Sounds exciting... great addition with the 2 nights in NYC
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Route 66 road trip ...
Unread 30 Aug 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good plan, now I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the trippie.