Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
My Magic Holiday
Unread 29 Jul 17, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The Dibb made me do it - Day 4 Chilling at SSR

Today the plan was to do as little as possible. I knew we would be tired, and our Disney park tickets dont start until next week, so we were planning on swimming and maybe a visit to Disney Springs. Id read often that Saratoga is dead handy for Disney Springs, just a short walk. But more on that later.
We slept late, which was good. I think the late night sorted out our jetlag, and we didnt really rise until about 9. We didnt have any food in the room, so we decided to walk to the resort shop and get something for breakfast. We decided on bagels and cream cheese, and brought them back to the room where we toasted them and sat out on our patio to enjoy and al fresco breakfast. Briefly. there seem to be a lot of mosquitos, possibly due to the lake, so we quickly retreated inside.

After breakfast, we walked over to the pool which is on the other side of the Grandstand area. Its just across the carpark but the carpark is vast. This was the quiet pool but it was great. We had a swim, I read my book, Katie did some art.
It was quite relaxing but very hot, we were of course there at the hottest part of the day, and while Mickey bars are a great help, eventually we just had to escape the heat.

We walked back to our room, and changed to head to Disney Springs for some shopping and tea. We thought we would get the boat to the WestSide and then walk around to the Marketplace and get the bus back. Well, thats what we thought.
When we had walked to the boat (which isnt far but isnt close either), it had just stopped running due to lightening. The boat driver said we could just walk across the bridge and wed be at the West Side, so thats what we did. We walked briskly towards the Shops as it was just starting to rain, and sometimes in Florida that can mean a deluge any second. Luckily, we didnt get soaked but we didnt know that and so we were walking quickly and under as many shelters as possible. We went straight through the WestSide to the new Disney Springs area (I think its called Town Centre). Id picked out D-Luxe burger, Blaze Pizza or Polite Pig as optis, but we spotted the D-Luxe Burger first so we went straight in there. We never did get soaked, it rained on and off but we managed to keep mostly dry.
The burgers were very good but big, noone managed to finish.
After Dinner, we walked though to the Marketplace, we didnt see much of the new area (although we liked a Disney home shop, and I walked into Kiehls, spotted the prices and walked out again). We went into the Disney Shop, and Molly found a ring she wanted. As she was paying we asked about DVC discount. This used to be in select shops, but it seems much more widespread this year. She asked for my DVC card which I produced and I realised Id brought my old card. Ive got a new one but Id obviously seen DVC card in my purse and assumed I had it. Anyway, she wouldnt accept it, but she said the DVC centre could give us an electronic one. We went over to talk to them, and they directed us to the DVC website where I was able to download an electronic card and screen shot it, and then the lady in the store was quite happy to accept that.
We got 20% off, so its worth doing.
After Molly got her ring (which matched her earrings from a previous trip)

Katie wanted to go into the new dress shop, I think its called Cherry Tree Lane. She had seen it online earlier in the year and decided she wanted to buy a dress. She tried on quite a few but there were very few medium dresses in stock, lots of larger sizes, and some extra smalls.
She really wanted the Tiki Room dress but it was too big.

We will have to pop back next week and hope that some have come in.
We had a little wander through Goofys candy store, looking for a snack for later but nothing really appealed and then we were ready to head back to SSR. However, the bus stop has moved and is now in the middle of Disney Springs and we were at the end near the bridge so it seemed silly to walk back for the bus, so we walked over the bridge to Congress Park, and then back to the far side of the Grandstand area, which is about a mile. So, I think in the end, we walked about 3 miles, which was not really on the plan for our easy day!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Love the Glitch thread!
Unread 29 Jul 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

That's good you missed a soaking - doesn't make for a pleasant time walkabout at Disney Springs! That's a pity about the dress, it looked lovely. Hope Katie managed to get one in her size. We're just back from SSR and were in building 9 - it really made a difference to waking distance. Lovely day!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 29 Jul 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
Dibbing with Tink

Glad you didn't get soaked and had a lovely mooch around DS. It's good that they let you electronically download the new dvc card - I'm sure it will save you a few more precious $ on your holiday.
Love the ring/earrings - I can imagine my daughters wanting those, lol! The dress is beautiful, hope your daughter manages to find one in her size.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take me back, pleeeeeaaase!
Unread 29 Jul 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A lovely relaxed day apart from the walking back & forward. The ring & earrings look great, even better with a bit discount. Did the mosquitos bother you anymore?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Unread 29 Jul 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Tomorrow is a dream away

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
The ring and earings are so pretty!

Not good about the mosquitoes: did they provide spray in the room?

"It is not what is outside, but what is inside that counts"

Latest dining review,

Food Glorious Food: lots of yumminess and OOLing

A Feast of Food, Cocktails, Coupons and Concierge on the Disney Dream, 2013

August 2012: Let's get this food & cocktails party started!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where next?
Unread 29 Jul 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Good first Disney day, hope your eldest gets her dress, it suits her.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Onsite Disney with ddp
Unread 29 Jul 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

My dd has those earrings and a matching necklace too. The dress is lovely, hope it comes in in the right size. Still a lot of walking on a rest day!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DC, Williamsburg & Virginia Beach
Unread 29 Jul 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Definitely not good on the mozzies - we had spray in all our hotels in January, which came in useful. Lovely day and fingers crossed for the dress (which is lovely!)