Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Florida Escapes
Unread 8 Aug 17, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
The Dibb made me do it - Day 13, a day of rest, or maybe not..

So after 2 full on weeks I was ready to do nothing. However; I realised we had a meal booked in Epcot that I hadnt cancelled so we would have been charged if we didnt go. Epcot isnt far from our hotel so we decided to go in for lunch and come back out afterwards.
We had the morning by the pool. It was quite busy but we found a table and lounger near the hot tub. apparently it was 34 degrees
Thats according to Snapchat. I dont know how accurate it was. I finished my novel, Ventured in the hot tub. More novel. Drinks. Mickey bar. Fairly typical pool day.
About 1 we went and got ready and took the boat into Epcot. We got to Via Napoli for 2:35 which was exactly when our reservation was.

We had a short wait and then were seated. We were going to share a large pizza. But it took a longtime to decide what sort of pizza and we ended up with Italian Sausage which was ok but I think we could have done better. We had a salad to start. This is salad for 2.
It was plenty big enough for 4. I ordered an Italian lemon soda which turned out to be Lemon San Pelegrno. Which was good as I love San Pelegrino. Molly had an Italian orange soda which was not in a bottle and seemed larger. I assume it was also San Pelegrino but I dont know.

We enjoyed our pizza, and decided we would just walk around World Showcase. Nothing too strenuous..

This guy was juggling in the square.
We had a walk through Germany, admiring the caramel shop and then on past the outpost to China.
We got to China and decided to go in and watch the film, mainly to cool down. There were acrobats inside, so we went through to another room with a huge display about Disney in Shanghai. It looked really good and we would all love to visit one day.
After wed spent quite a while looking at the display we realised Mulan was coming out soon. The girls went to meet her. Phil and I grabbed a seat.
Just as they finished meeting Mulan, the acrobats came back. So we decided we should stay and watch them. They didnt seem to be having a good day. The girl juggling basketballs with her feet dropped a few, and there was a strange act involving balancing a plant pot on your head that didnt go to well either. I hadnt brought my big camera, so this is a poor phone photo.
When the acrobats finished we decided wed been in the China pavilion long enough and we left, we never did see the film!
We visited Mexico and rode The 3 Cabelleros. The girls think there is a new scene at the end with Donald and the other 2 dancing on a stage. I honestly couldnt remember if they were there before or not. (Google suggests they are new).

We continue around the lake, meeting Pluto at the entrance to World Showcase. There are now murmurings of staying for the fireworks so I see what fastpasses I can find. finding nemo is available. So I book that. Theres not much else. But it was 6pm so hardly surprising.

We walk over to Nemo, via the Coke Club Cool and Phil has the Beverly. I try something Melon which isnt very nice either. Im not convinced there is a nice option in there.
Nemo fastpass was fairly unnecessary since there was no one there so we walk straight in.
We dont look around the aquarium but walk across to see Figment followed by a drink in the DVC lounge. It starts to rain as we walk over so we don ponchos but its really barely spitting so we dont need them.
We get straight in Figment (I think I may have had a fastpass here but it certainly wasnt needed) and are then disappointed to discover the lounge closes at 6.
And as we walk outside its really raining now.
The Pixar movie Shorts is right next door so we duck straight in there. Theres a short wait for the next film to start but its not too bad. And the films themselves are really good. They did get a horse which I think is the best use of 3D Ive ever seen. Piper which is stunningly beautiful and feast a cute one about a dog.
The best bit is when we emerge the rain has stopped.
We are still wanting a drink and snack, so we go to the Boulangarie in France and get cakes and drinks. The cakes looked amazing. I was paralysed by indecision and had an eclair. I love eclairs but have them often. I should have tried something else.
Molly had this amazing mousse cake.

Katie had lemon meringue pie and Phil had something with marzipan which is his favourite.
It wasnt too busy in the restaurant and there were lots if free tables but no chairs. Lots of larger parties were holding chairs but not using them and other parties had to stand around a table. We did eventually a table and 4 chairs. but it was frustrating.
We finished our snack at 8:30 and had a photo taken on the way to find a place on the French bridge to view Illuminations.

We were right over the private party area and had a pretty good view. I dont know if t was quiet but we found this spot fairly late and it was a good spot.

We watched the show and slowly walked home. How we had ended up out all evening I really wasnt sure.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Love the Glitch thread!
Unread 8 Aug 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

I'm not a fan of any of the Club Cool drinks either, I always thought there must be something wrong with me!

This sounds like a lovely day, relaxing without being a day wasted.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All-Stars & Boardwalk
Unread 8 Aug 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Lovely world showcase afternoon and evening
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Onsite Disney with ddp
Unread 8 Aug 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That sounds like a great day, you did plenty of things but it still reads as pretty relaxed.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally, another countdown!
Unread 16 Aug 17, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You still managed to do plenty in Epcot even on a rest day!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Unread 20 Aug 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

You always seem to get so much done, but in a really relaxed way! Another lovely Epcot day, glad you got a good spot for the fireworks. Those cakes/puddings look amazing
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Route 66 road trip ...
Unread 5 Sep 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The best laid plans! Still it was a good afternoon.
Unread 9 Sep 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great day, that must be the beauty of being so close to Epcot being able to dip in and out without much effort!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The trip that wasnt meant to happen