Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Aug 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RealCinderella
Excited about Disney

Pro's an Con's of Yacht Club

Never stayed here, have always stayed at SSR. But we are considering a stay here next year given SSR don't have room type availability for the dates we want.

We are;
3 children ages 10, 7 and 3. Me and my Mum who will be celebrating her 70th.

We like to be able to take a leisurely QS breakfast before heading out to the parks and use the resort buses, boats etc for transportation only.
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

One of the things I loved staying at both the Yacht and Beachclub was the ease of getting to EPCOT and the Studios as well as the Boardwalk. It just felt we had more choices than a resort where everything needed a bus. I really like the Friendship boats for getting to the Studios especially , not to mention the ability to literally pop into World showcase in the evening.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Stayed at the YCht Club twice and loved it. In fact my mum who I went with in July celebrated her 70th birthday there this year.

Renovated rooms are lovely. Your kids will love the pool.

Breakfast options aren't great - there is a new quick service which was reasonably busy each morning but don't know what the options were as I only refilled my cup from the freestyle machines and got the odd roast beef sandwich.(yum)

Easy to nip over to Boardwalk bakery or into Epcot for something to eat.

Transport options are brilliant - walk to Epcot, boat to Hollywood Studios and bus to Magic Kingdom etc.. Bus picks up at Yacht Club before Beach Club so usually guaranteed a seat!

Great resort!

Edited at 08:03 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Location- walk to Epcot, walk from HS, walk to fantasia gardens golf.

Food - loads of excellent table service places a stroll away. Qs slightly less at resort although they have done something to make things better. But still a fair choice.

Pool, we stayed in July and the yacht club side of stormalong bay was never over crowded. The quiet we had to ourselves.

View if you have a lake facing room.

Negatives - price.

We really enjoyed staying there and would love to stay again. I think it's my favourite Disney resort.
Old 21 Aug 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Pro- Location, location, location!

Pro and con - stormalong bay is good but can be a bit tricky to keep an eye on kids as it's quite sprawling and deep in places. My ds7 was not quite confident enough to be out of his depth without me in arms reach which was a bit difficult at times. It also concerned me that they have to go across the pavement area to get on the big waterslide so you can't see them and lots of people walking past. It was fine for dd11 who was a strong swimmer and probably good for a younger child who can play in the shallow sandy area. If you want to watch all three kids and they all want to go in different directions that might be awkward with the layout.

The location would do it for me though. Loved the boats and the easy walk to Epcot.

Also found the buses really good from there and weren't crowded.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jags
Excited about Disney

Following this thread with interest. We have this morning changed our reservation for AKL to YC! This is our first time at YC, we have stayed at AKL before.
jags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Having just got back 2 days ago I am already desperate to go back, what a wonderful hotel! The quick service at the yacht club is lovely, more like an upmarket coffee shop/deli than a restaurant. We got a couple of lunches from there-great choice of salads, sandwiches, cakes and pastries. We were on the dining plan but prices seemed reasonable. We bought a couple of bottles of wine at $11 a bottle, we felt this was very good value for a hotel. We strolled over to the boardwalk bakery for a number of breakfasts and lunches-some of my favourite, casual meals. Ample hills creamery was also a regular stop for us-YUM! One of my favourite breakfasts was at the bakery in 'france', we went just as the park opened and had the whole of France to ourselves as most people rushed to rides. We had a lovely 'clam bake' buffet at cape may's one evening. We booked very last minute (half an hour before). The food was great and it was lovely and relaxed.
We definitely would go back to the yacht club!
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List