Notices

Old 26 Aug 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

East Meets West - NYC To LA 2016 Day 6 GoodBy Vegas Hello San Fran

So we are due to fly to San Francisco today , not before having a quick go on the Didlers that was in our hotel. This was the first time we put a dime in any machine since being in Vegas , so thought we'd give it a try just to tick ✅ it off the list. We decided we would both just use $1 each and no more lol. We played the machines but it never seemed to go down so we got a little bored and cashed the money back which was $3 something , so we're up more than a dollar 💵

Our winnings

We cash the winnings and go get a Cinnabon for breakfast which was also in Our hotel.

Breakfast to set us up for the flight to San Francisco. I LOVE ❤️ CINNABON !

We FaceTime our family to let them know any updates and my fil was laughing 😂 at my little winnings. We make our way to the airport via über which was quite cheap as we had money off our first ride, very easy process too .

Mark teasing me because I was stressing out that I'd be cold in San Francisco

All set with the tv 📺 shows and a drink in her hand

Love flying with JetBlue

Hello San Francisco

We land and go to pick up our luggage which was delayed and on top of that had a car booked with wings which was easy to book very much like uber . They send you a message with who the driver is and what car , but because of the delay we let the driver know that we are running a little late but he starts stressing out which makes us uneasy and then we was running through the airport to find him. We get to him and we apologise , but for the whole of are journey to the hotel he just kept on and on about how late we was and that he boss said to leave us there , but that he wouldn't do that to us and that's why he waited , then he would start moaning again. Now I know we was like 20 mins late and I was very sorry 😐 but we're at the airport where things don't always go to plan. He made me feel very uneasy all the way to the hotel ,and it was like he was giving us a row but the trying to butter us up for a big tip. Anyway rant over 😡

We get to the hotel so I take some pics. Our hotel was called the Nob Hill which offered free breakfast and old time lifts and rooms were very fresh with a fab bathroom.

The lobby area offers free wine and cheese tasting every evening

So we go exploring, as we do, and yes I was absolutely freezing. Mark will say I'm exaggerating but honestly I felt it big time, going from Vegas in the 40's to it being 14 as it's highest and it did actually feel colder than back at home 🏡 sunny wales

And this ain't even as steep as some of the roads

Think Mark's feeling the chill in the air now

Out of our window , weather looks like back at home 🏡 but colder lol. By this point we were all starving so we look for places online to eat but nothing really appealed to us so we popped out and found a dominos pizza got a menu and walked back to the hotel and showed the kids so they could pick , then we rang dominos with our order and ran back down the hill to pick it up. No wonder I didn't put any weight on during this holiday 🤗

We shared a pizza 🍕 and had pasta 🍝 also and we had a chocolate brownie to finish, jumped in bed ready for tomorrow where we will do the Day in the bay tour covering Alcatraz , Muir woods, San Francisco the bay and loads more.

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I'm excited for your next instalment of your holiday. Your hotel looks nice. the weather doesn't look great, hope it got better.

Edited at 08:03 AM.
Jake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by mrsbigbeak - 26 Aug 17 11:31 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Don't like the sound of your taxi driver ! Free cheese and wine sounds fab 😀😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Thanks jake71 it'didn't actually rain just looked misty here and there and I was cold. No I wasn't fussed on the driver either, apart from that one, all the other drivers we fab

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List