Notices

Old 28 Aug 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Me, 3 And Gluten Free - Pre Travel Day

In case you haven't read the pre trip report, heres a run down of the crew, Me: the navigator, i plan, save for and book all our holidays. My husband: Misery, chief suitcase mover and car driver on holidays. Our son: Teen Monster, the Coeliac and our daughter: Chunky Monkey, the tomboy.

So its finally the day before we leave! Surprisingly, the excitement seems to have left me somewhat, which is probably to do with how much stuff i need to do . .

Once im up, dressed and breakfasted, im shifting the family to get their stuff together so we can pack. Teen monster hands me what feels like every tshirt he owns and only 1 pair of shorts 😡. Where are his shorts? In the washing basket! There is in fact 4 loads of washing in the basket! So machine goes on and i march upstairs to cajole chunky monkey into sorting her clothes out. She picks all her favourite (and most hot/black) tshirts, which i then change, and a few pairs of shorts. Then the negotiations start . . .
Me: you need to take these shorts (hold up girls shorts in very slight girly colour)
Chunky: why? (Cue look of disgust with a hint of meltdown brewing)
Me: because they are thin and easy to put on . . You dont have to wear them all the time! Just to the waterparks, you know, why wear the clothes you love to a water park?
Chunky: . . . . Hmmmmmm . . . . Ok
(Round one to mum! &#128513

Into the suitcase goes my clothes, chunkys clothes and after a lifetime of washing, teens clothes. Teen is returned to his room with the 10kg of inflatables he mistakenly thinks we are taking with us and the hunt for chunkys goggles and ear plugs begins, we also find that the tshirt i carefully made for chunky to take with us to wear has completely disappeared! (Nope we never found it). Misery seems to think we have another 7 years to go till we leave and is showing no signs of choosing clothes (i learnt many years ago, dont try to pack for misery, he has various clothes in various sizes and states of wearability and i am guaranteed to pick up the wrong stuff!)

We also need to do a run to tesco for a few last minute bits and misery wants to pop in on his relative to check on him before we go. So out we go, kids decide rather cleverly, to stay home, they know stressed mum in a supermarket is not fun! Drop misery at his relatives and drive up to tesco. Somehow my 10 minute tesco run to buy some calpol and shampoo costs me £20 and fills 2 bags 🤔

Return to grab misery and we head home where he finally feels he should pack some clothes which i quickly lock in the case before he can change his mind! I then cram as much gluten free food and cereal as i can into the second suitcase before declaring myself fed up and done!

We make the unanimous decision that its fish and chips from the chippy for tra (with the last of the G/F sausages out the freezer for teen monster) before packing chunky off to bed ready for our crazy 5:45am get up in the morning. Even teen monster puts up only a half hearted fight about an early bed time and misery and I are quick to follow. Tomorrow its Disney Day!
Old 28 Aug 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

This made me smile

Looking forward to the rest of your trippie.

Have a safe journey and be sure to take lots of pics too

Deb
Old 29 Aug 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great start, looking forward to reading more.